Jump to content
stuartbert two hats

Undercard Yet To Play Glastonbury

Recommended Posts

We often discuss who is yet to headline the festival and end up with a list of acts you can could on two hands, with half of those being unrealistic.  But as we know, the festival is really about the undercard, so who hasn't played at all yet?  Here are a few that I've hoped to see pop up on the line up, but I don't think have (yet) played:

 

 

 

Who are you hoping to see lower down the bill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slowdive would be good however can't see them turning up in 2019, Preoccupations, Sufjan Stevens has never played has he? Sun Kil Moon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New'ish band King Buffalo out of New York. Formed 2013, released debut album last year. Hoping they can keep moving forward and make it to Glastonbury at some point. Would be perfect for The Glade. Stoner rock, nothing that hasn't been done before but they do their version of it very well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've done a good job of Of ticking off mine tbh but yeah second vote for Paramore.

Also Maroon 5, Bleachers, Pink, John Legend, Tobias Jesso Jr, Alicia Keys, Portugal The Man and Frank Ocean if he's not a headliner. If they can lower themselves to booking Busted then McFly would also go down a storm on the Avalon, or better still in a mid-afternoon slot on the Pyramid. 

Also Pale Waves although they'll inevitably turn up next time. 

Edited by Zac Quinn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Brandon Flowers will be solo again before long as it seems half the band cba anymore, would love to see him at Glasto.

Childish Gambino would be sick. 

Has Gwen Stefani ever played?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently The Strokes never played. Certainly not suggesting they should headline but, would be cool somewhere!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

They've done a good job of Of ticking off mine tbh but yeah second vote for Paramore.

Also Maroon 5, Bleachers, Pink, John Legend, Tobias Jesso Jr, Alicia Keys, Portugal The Man and Frank Ocean if he's not a headliner. If they can lower themselves to booking Busted then McFly would also go down a storm on the Avalon, or better still in a mid-afternoon slot on the Pyramid. 

Also Pale Waves although they'll inevitably turn up next time. 

Bleachers played in 2014, I remember walking past the JP tent when they were on and it was empty, think they were up against Ed Sheeran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Bleachers played in 2014, I remember walking past the JP tent when they were on and it was empty, think they were up against Ed Sheeran.

oh really? totally missed that, my bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't think of Ty Segall and Oh Sees ever playing? or any related projects they've been in. Also The Human League, Bill Ryder Jones, and ATCQ. 

Edited by edwardjc14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

Portugal The Man

wow I forgot these guys existed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

wow I forgot these guys existed

Was watching their Bonnaroo set on Youtube the other day, they opened with a Metallica cover. Rad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised that Em-E didnt get Mastodon down on the farm yet. Talk about low hanging fruit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Odessa said:

I think Brandon Flowers will be solo again before long as it seems half the band cba anymore, would love to see him at Glasto.

Childish Gambino would be sick. 

Has Gwen Stefani ever played?

I have no doubt she's not only played, but brought her bush fella too same year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, James96 said:

Sufjan Stevens has never played has he?

Join the movement bro

THE TWILIGHT SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD that's the big one (apart from Soup John, obv).

Joanna Newsom will never ever play Glastonbozzo, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Move D, Ricardo Villalobos, Avalon Emerson, Kraftwerk, Sufjan Stevens, Frank Ocean, The Weeknd, Paramore, Nina Kraviz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Move D, Ricardo Villalobos, Avalon Emerson, Kraftwerk, Sufjan Stevens, Frank Ocean, The Weeknd, Paramore, Nina Kraviz

Remember the festival is only on for five days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×