OG

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, oneeye said:

Never_mind_the_bollocks_Core.jpg

Hello oneeye,

I can remember going in to one of their shops to buy my Glastonbury ticket for that year. I walked straight in, up to the counter, and bought the ticket. No queues and the madness which is T Day in those days. 

Just realized that the above has made me feel old. This in turn has reminded me of a Mrs Brady Very Old Lady sketch in the Viz comic. I can't find it to post, but it's a cartoon sketch of Mrs Brady in the middle of a forest saying ' I remember when all this used to be trees'. I think that kind of situation is not too far off for me, but will admit to looking forward to becoming batty. Stop it. Stop it now. I know what you are thinking!  :)

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello oneeye,

I can remember going in to one of their shops to buy my Glastonbury ticket for that year. I walked straight in, up to the counter, and bought the ticket. No queues and the madness which is T Day in those days. 

Just realized that the above has made me feel old. This in turn has reminded me of a Mrs Brady Very Old Lady sketch in the Viz comic. I can't find it to post, but it's a cartoon sketch of Mrs Brady in the middle of a forest saying ' I remember when all this used to be trees'. I think that kind of situation is not too far off for me, but will admit to looking forward to becoming batty. Stop it. Stop it now. I know what you are thinking!  :)

Hi Yogs, memories indeed, I’ve got a good memory it’s just short!

I to remember virgin stores in London, travelling up on the train from Devon with my mates on a Saturday to buy the latest punk records, loads of colour vinyl. Those were happy days indeed.....

I guess we’re all on the batty scale, it’s just a question of how far along :)

latest?cb=20150411133116

Edited by oneeye

@Yoghurt on a Stick and @oneeye - I once worked in a Virgin Megastore. I had the dubious title - 'Head of Metal' but was often on the ticket section. I used to spend all my wages in the shop so in many ways I was an ideal employee. :D True fact - every Christmas we got an updated version of Richard Branson's biography as a bonus. Oh the perks...

1 hour ago, oneeye said:

Hi Yogs, memories indeed, I’ve got a good memory it’s just short!

I to remember virgin stores in London, travelling up on the train from Devon with my mates on a Saturday to buy the latest punk records, loads of colour vinyl. Those were happy days indeed.....

I guess we’re all on the batty scale, it’s just a question of how far along :)

latest?cb=20150411133116

I never got punk, and still don't. The only thing musically that I got in to in my youth  (and even then only slightly) was New Romanticism. I'd have loved to dress up in the garb that they wore, and worn loads of make up, but it was never an option. I say that because although my mom would have been OK with it, my dad would not have been. I kind of acquiesced to his sensible requirements - something, on reflection, I should not have done. 

There used to be a night club in Birmingham called Barbarella's (I think it's where Duran Duran first started) where the first wave of New Romantics used to go to. I was too young to get in, and then it closed down. Anyway, one of my brothers was in there one night when the police raided it for some reason. He said that the police had considerable difficulty in identifying who was a bloke and who was a woman!