T minus & counting 2019

OG

4 minutes ago, JacquelineS said:

I tried to reply yesterday but for some reason the forum would not let me. First off Mr. Yogurt,  you are a fascinating person. Secondly, I have to agree that costume is awesome. As far as your mannequins go what about rigging them in arial silk. Well it would not have to be actual arial silk but it would look cool.  

Arial silks.jpg

Hello JacquelineS,

Yeah, I think there was a problem with the system last night, as I couldn't post then either. I wish I'd thought about your suggestion beforehand, as I have now already bought two trapeze bars with ropes etc. However, I did a lot of research on the net, and got them for a reasonable price. That said, I may well install a further mannequin with a silk type rigging, as you suggest, because it would indeed add to the aerial extravaganza. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

• Like 1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 08/11/2017 at 9:55 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm glad to hear that he had a great time. I can see the funny side of dressing up in womens clothes and going shop lifting. Now, don't get me wrong in that I have no desire to dress up in womens clothing. However, and I've said this before, I'd like to walk from the top of Kings Heath High Street in Birmingham to the bottom, wearing this kind of thing;

Image result for blow up gimp mask

I'd just love to see how people reacted. One of my brothers makes short films (he is deadly serious about breaking in to the film business, but hasn't had any success, so to speak of) and I pitched the proposal to him that I buy one of those rubber blow up suits and that he film me walking down the high street wearing it. My proposal to him would be that he would covertly record footage of people's reactions. To cut a long story short he turned down my kind offer to publicly humiliate myself for his art! To  be fair, I was drunk at the time that I made the offer, but a certain part of me feels that I should make that film myself.

I tell you what though - that bloke above must get invited to some interesting parties. :)

Tried to reply yesterday but couldn't even post anything yesterday.. 

I think that a film would be a great idea..... 

5 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Tried to reply yesterday but couldn't even post anything yesterday.. 

I think that a film would be a great idea..... 

I don't think anybody could post at some points yesterday. Thanks for the support on the film idea. You never know I may well go for it one day. Actually, thinking about it further, there's a police station at the bottom of the hill on the high street. I could start my walk at the top, walk all the way down the bottom, and in to the police station, go up to reception and ask them for directions to somewhere. I could even go on to say (with a straight face) that 'I suppose you get all sorts in here' and then slightly flick my head upwwards in a 'knowing' kind of a way. I'm liking this idea more and more now. :)

37 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

My friend has one.. Lovely it is. I lll try posting a pic 

13076650_10153015583899567_6484279240542923370_n.jpg

10426671_10151840669389567_2239191639054318841_n.jpg

That's visually different to the one oneeye posted, but is, to my minds eye, actually even nicer. Do you know if these were 'mass' produced, or whether there were different workshops creating their own end product from the initial van structure?

26 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That's visually different to the one oneeye posted, but is, to my minds eye, actually even nicer. Do you know if these were 'mass' produced, or whether there were different workshops creating their own end product from the initial van structure?

Yea I know that there not exactly the same but hey ho.. I think old son there like Bedford campervans like I've got. There the same family but with different bodies.. Here's my baby she's an advantura but you get different bodies ie the Glendale etc. 

FB_IMG_1500671549531.jpg

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea I know that there not exactly the same but hey ho.. I think old son there like Bedford campervans like I've got. There the same family but with different bodies.. Here's my baby she's an advantura but you get different bodies ie the Glendale etc. 

FB_IMG_1500671549531.jpg

That's a beautiful brick looking campervan, aerodynamically speaking.

I have a story about one of them 'New Brutalist' campervans. It involves The Great British Cheese Festival, Stow on the Wold,  a drunken South African woman (who was, at the time, heavily in to S & M, and well doo lally, mentally speaking), an expensive B&B,  and me ending up on the floor of one of those box shaped campervans freezing throughout the night with no covering for warmth. Wow, I still remember that night vividly. 

TBC

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You're at it again vintagelaureate  . I'm just a sucker for shit like this. Let me tell you, as plasma etching tools go, you can't go wrong with this little baby. :)

I knew you'd appreciate this one Yog.