Best Kept Secret Festival 2018

mellowmaniac

Best Kept Secret Festival 2018

08.-10.06.2018

Beekse Bergen, 5081 NJ Hilvarenbeek, Netherlands

To start the discussion:

possible and fitting headliners could be...

- The National (strong rumour for Primavera Sound (30.05.-03.06.2018)) 

- The The (first two shows confirmed for 01.06. and 05.06.2018 in Denmark and London).

Edited by mellowmaniac

11 minutes ago, spudling said:

Does anyone know why BKS is so early this year ?. 

There might be several reasons. I'd say the most probable are

1.) to get a couple of weeks between BKS and Down The Rabbit Hole, which is BKS' biggest competitor for the same kind of bands and audience in the Netherlands (what might help to get a better booking),

2.) Pinkpop changed their timeslot to the "usual" BKS weekend (even though both festivals aim at a different audience there might be some overlapping)

3.) to get closer to the two Primavera Sound festivals and Field Day to share more bands than before and

4.) they already booked a special headliner who is only available at this weekend.

The National seem very probable to me. But if there is one thing I learned from all the guessing and speculation around this year's edition, it's that the BKS booking is very unpredictable. Beside of the two headliner (Run The Jewels were definitely below regular headliner level) most expected and at the time touring acts were not (or couldn't be) booked.

I personally would prefer headliner smaller than Radiohead, if the co-heads and the rest of the program would be stronger (and better) than this year's lineup.

I agree I would much prefer a better undercard than spending all the budget on huge headliners. Their biggest competitor Down the rabbit hole had a better undercard this year. I will keep my options open for next year . There also seems to be a distinct lack of available hotels in Tilburg for the festival weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I know, it's incredibly improbable, but Roger Waters will perform in Cologne (less than two hours away from BKS) on the Monday after the festival.

He would surely be a dream headliner fitting the festival perfectly, but definitely even more expensive than Radiohead. It is announced that he will play in the Netherlands, but there is no Dutch show confirmed yet.

2 hours ago, mellowmaniac said:

I know, it's incredibly improbable, but Roger Waters will perform in Cologne (less than two hours away from BKS) on the Monday after the festival.

He would surely be a dream headliner fitting the festival perfectly, but definitely even more expensive than Radiohead. It is announced that he will play in the Netherlands, but there is no Dutch show confirmed yet.

I'd be amazed if he was announced. As for dream headliner, I'm not so sure. He'd increase the average age of the BKS audience by about 20 years!

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Another major rumour for June/July: Pearl Jam might do a European tour that time. But most probably also too big for BKS.

http://www.alternativenation.net/major-pearl-jam-summer-2018-tour-rumors-revealed/

You could have said that about Radiohead. But yeah, can't see them being at BKS at all tbh.

Kraftwerk announced some Feb 2018 dates. Would be a great booking for BKS

• 2 weeks later...