the wonderwhy

Knebworth 2018

Alrighty then might as well start me up. 

New thing rumoured to be happening at Knebworth next year, presumably capitalising on the absence of Glasto. Supposed to be involving the Stones. What do we think- just a day or longer? 

Mr D. Plan has chucked The Arcade Fires in as a potential on the Latitude thread. Perhaps this could be a good opportunity to finally get a UK festival show out of Depeche Mode? 

Edited by MattDavies__

I think it's a good idea - definitely feel like the festival circuit needs a shake up and some big players need to return to doing big shows

Well I mean it's obviously the triumphant return of Sonisphere with the Stones, Guns N' Roses and Metallica.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dunno that Arcade Fire would be suited to an event centred around the Stones, if that's what it's to be. If it's just separate day events they'd be an obvious candidate though. Also Queens although obviously the assumption is their 'outdoor shows' will be under Live Nation rather than AEG.

On 10/09/2017 at 9:06 PM, dentalplan said:

Well I mean it's obviously the triumphant return of Sonisphere with the Stones, Guns N' Roses and Metallica.

I don't think I'd care how much a ticket cost if that was the line-up!

On 15/09/2017 at 11:22 PM, NickisGinger said:

This is really exciting if it's true. Only because I'm 20 mins away.

being 20 minutes away from Glastonbury would be a fecking nightmare....

having a 9 hour drive home like i have had in the last 2 years all adds to the character building.

5 hours ago, slash's hat said:

I don't think I'd care how much a ticket cost if that was the line-up!

Just as well.. :P

On 9/10/2017 at 9:06 PM, dentalplan said:

I suppose I could try and tolerate the Stones if we got the other 2. Except they're at Download :)

5 hours ago, devilman said:

I suppose I could try and tolerate the Stones if we got the other 2. Except they're at Download :)

gnr might just be download paris like how green day was this year

10 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

gnr might just be download paris like how green day was this year

Probably. Would be just our luck. I'll keep the start of July free just in case this comes off though.

50 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ah just to be clear, I was doing a parody of the Soni fanboys. I don't know anything.

It's going to make a return, OKAY?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

if this is going ahead next year, it's not a camping festival.

One-off Stones gig?

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

if this is going ahead next year, it's not a camping festival.

Not sure it is actually going ahead

Just now, jr1312 said:

Not sure it is actually going ahead

nor am I from the thing on music week that says it won't be a camping festival this year.

Tho it occurred to me that if AEG are putting on a one-off Stones gig there the two guys music week were speaking to are probably not the guys who'll be running that Stones show.

Which is why i chose to not suggest it's not going ahead. It still might be (unless you know different, &/or are working from different sources?).

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nor am I from the thing on music week that says it won't be a camping festival this year.

Tho it occurred to me that if AEG are putting on a one-off Stones gig there the two guys music week were speaking to are probably not the guys who'll be running that Stones show.

Which is why i chose to not suggest it's not going ahead. It still might be (unless you know different, &/or are working from different sources?).

The person that I was talking to reckoned that the act they had been talking to wasn't looking likely anymore and that act wasn't the Stones

Just now, jr1312 said:

The person that I was talking to reckoned that the act they had been talking to wasn't looking likely anymore and that act wasn't the Stones

Doesn't mean that they wouldn't replace them with the Stones though!

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

That piece def reads like the event is not happening in 2018. 

Has Music Week always been this clued up with rumours, leaks, info? This is the first year I've noticed they've got some big(ish) news before other outlets. Need to step it up @eFestivals (joking) :P

2 hours ago, craigb said:

That piece def reads like the event is not happening in 2018. 

it reads like a camping festival isn't happening. 

As I say, if there was a big one-off (or two of, whatever) show, those two probably wouldn't be the people dealing with it, and it's unlikely they'd go talking about other people's stuff.

2 hours ago, craigb said:

Has Music Week always been this clued up with rumours, leaks, info? 

yeah, it's always covered festie bits and pieces, tho it's mostly around the bigger players.

2 hours ago, jr1312 said:

U2? Be interesting to see where they announce next week 

Jagger told The Sun newspaper: "We were disappointed not to perform in the UK on our recent jaunt and we’re looking forward to getting plans in place to do so next year."

Where could they perform if Knebworth is off? Milton Keynes? BST? 

12 minutes ago, craigb said:

Jagger told The Sun newspaper: "We were disappointed not to perform in the UK on our recent jaunt and we’re looking forward to getting plans in place to do so next year."

Where could they perform if Knebworth is off? Milton Keynes? BST? 

Twickenham or Wembley would be my first guesses.

On 03/11/2017 at 10:34 AM, jr1312 said:

Fleetwood Mac? 

Global tour due to start around June time.