NOS Alive 2018

Tremousse

10 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Just for fun, any bands that people are still expecting? Im expecting Arctic Monkeys Snow patrol, Clap your hands say yeah, Kaleo

Arctics, Snow Patrol and Clap Your Hands Say Hey are pretty certain.

Hoping for Kaleo as well cause a member of my team is a big fan, and I love their rock songs. I'd love The Gaslight Anthem (rare), James (playing Bilbao so who knows, + they never come to my country in general), a guitar act from Mad Cool like Black Pistol Fire or Rival Sons, one of their subs like Kasabian or Nine Inch Nails.

Otherwise, I want to see Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats performing the next album,  Gang Of Youths, Lord Huron, The War On Drugs (but Primavera Porto seems more probable for them) and Crystal Fighters for dancing, cause they are clearly insane and my team and I dream of seeing them again. And a coheadliner along Arctic Monkeys. 

:) 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Arctics, Snow Patrol and Clap Your Hands Say Hey are pretty certain.

Hoping for Kaleo as well cause a member of my team is a big fan, and I love their rock songs. I'd love The Gaslight Anthem (rare), James (playing Bilbao so who knows, + they never come to my country in general), a guitar act from Mad Cool like Black Pistol Fire or Rival Sons, one of their subs like Kasabian or Nine Inch Nails.

Otherwise, I want to see Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats performing the next album,  Gang Of Youths, Lord Huron, The War On Drugs (but Primavera Porto seems more probable for them) and Crystal Fighters for dancing, cause they are clearly insane and my team and I dream of seeing them again. And a coheadliner along Arctic Monkeys. 

:) 

Yh man tbh if I was being massively greedy I would also want nine inch nails, vaccines, jack white and foster the people

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Yh man tbh if I was being massively greedy I would also want nine inch nails, vaccines, jack white and foster the people

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Nine Inch Nails is all i want (Jack White would be great too), but i am starting to give up to believe that they will come to Alive :(

17 hours ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Just for fun, any bands that people are still expecting? Im expecting Arctic Monkeys Snow patrol, Clap your hands say yeah, Kaleo

Snow Patrol and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah are certain I would say, or that leak was very strange. Arctic Monkeys is very much expected, otherwise it would be Jack White. Bar Tool from Mad Cool said that their Friday headliner is shared with NOS Alive (for Thursday), but I am not sure whether this could mean NOS gets the double too. Almost too good to be true and I don't think NOS can pull that off. Or the strong Jack White-AM rumour isn't true after all. 

Kaleo could be a good fit, but I have seen them last year and I was not overly impressed. Some nice rock tunes, but it was almost as if the audience did not exist for them. 

Some of the names from Bilbao BBK are likely to be added to the line-up: Noel Gallagher, Benjamin Clementine, Young Fathers (played NOS in 2015), Parquet Courts (2014), Temples (2014), Fischerspooner (2009), Jungle, James, Bomba Estéreo. 

Not sure how much more acts from Mad Cool we get, but indeed Black Rebel Motorcycle Club would be nice. I also have the feeling that a sub is still missing for Pearl Jam on the Saturday, but this cannot be Nine Inch Nails (on MC that day). Kasabian is possible and I would like that, but aren't MC and NOS too much alike then?

Some other notable acts that are around, not necessarily my whislist and in no particular order: Hollywood Vampires, The Offspring, Jamiroquai, Skunk Anansie, Stereophonics, The Breeders, Nothing But Thieves, San Holo, St. Vincent, Interpol, Editors, Slowdive, The Twilight Sad, Aurora, Oh Sees, Bicep. 

22 hours ago, Tigane said:

Arctic Monkeys finally announce their first festival show in 2018.  this  festival may be in the USA, but there are several bands that will be on Alive, on this card, so probably the rumour that AM will be the final Headline for Nos Alive, are true

Some of the (not earlier mentioned) acts on the posters of the US festivals (Coachella, Shaky Knees, Governors Ball, Bonnaroo, Firefly) that stand out and could be of interest: The War On Drugs (more likely for NOS Primavera), Moses Sumney (in Germany same weekend), Alice Merton, Tash Sultana (heavy touring throughout the year), Vance Joy (EU tour in March), Greta van Fleet, Marian Hill, First Aid Kit (Portugal do not make lot of sense in schedule), Alvvays, Highly Suspect (EU tour in February), Jimmy Eat World (in Europe May/June), Everything Everything, Cold War Kids, Rudimental, N.E.R.D., LP, The Gaslight Anthem, Big Thief. 

So far I am pretty pleased with the line-up too, but I am dying to know more about the Thursday. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

small name but it's a name :P  She tweeted it

DTWpZgFWkAAilk8.jpg

EDIT : other names known for Palco Coreto : Surma, Beatriz Pessoa, Minta & The Brook Trout (source : http://palcodasartes.com/nos-alive-2018-segundo-dia-do-festival-faz-se-no-feminino-no-palco-coreto-by-arruada/ ) 

Edited by Tremousse

On 1/12/2018 at 7:36 PM, Tremousse said:

There will also be a secret show on this day on Coreto... I wonder if it could be a big name...

I don´t think so. Palco Coreto is a small stage for  rising portuguese artists (However i think surma and Minta Brook already deserved a bigger stage)

12 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Yo La Tengo added to the line-up, will play the Sagres stage on Friday.

So that is another name from Mad Cool.

Strange it was just put on the website with no announcement

Just put on Facebook, suppose even social media weren't that excited 

Edited by lightsnowpatrol

1 hour ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Strange it was just put on the website with no announcement

Just put on Facebook, suppose even social media weren't that excited 

I am not following all the social media feeds, but weren't most announcements rather quiet? At least we are getting some new names, opposed to most other European festivals. A (headliner?) announcement is expected for Mad Cool this week (likely Thursday), so I am expecting something for NOS as well. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

I am not following all the social media feeds, but weren't most announcements rather quiet? At least we are getting some new names, opposed to most other European festivals. A (headliner?) announcement is expected for Mad Cool this week (likely Thursday), so I am expecting something for NOS as well. 

Oh definitely agree with you there. I'm assuming we get snow patrol before the headliner so could be an interesting week 

Finally, there it is. Not everybody likes them, but I am happy. One of the first bands I really listened to when I got more interested in music. My tastes have 'progressed' since, but kind of sticks to you of course. 

If Arctic Monkeys is confirmed for Thursday 12th, I am having a great day. 

31 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Finally, there it is. Not everybody likes them, but I am happy. One of the first bands I really listened to when I got more interested in music. My tastes have 'progressed' since, but kind of sticks to you of course. 

If Arctic Monkeys is confirmed for Thursday 12th, I am having a great day. 

Agreed. I really don’t like them but I’m sure some people will be delighted.  Particularly @lightsnowpatrol . :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Agreed. I really don’t like them but I’m sure some people will be delighted.  Particularly @lightsnowpatrol . :)

2 hours ago, Tremousse said:

@lightsnowpatrol Happy for you man, have a great day :) 

So happy to actually see them confirmed and with arctic monkeys rumoured to go above aswell, cheers @Red Day And @Tremousse 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

So happy to actually see them confirmed and with arctic monkeys rumoured to go above aswell, cheers @Red Day And @Tremousse 

That's the great thing about festivals.  A line up will not be 100% brilliant for everyone but as long as everyone gets a few bands that excite them, then it's a win for everyone.  I was delighted with QOTSA and the National, then Pearl Jam were confirmed and I'm buzzing.  Plus I've never been to Lisbon and everyone who's been says it's great.  Plus it's almost guaranteed bright sunshine 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Red Day said:

That's the great thing about festivals.  A line up will not be 100% brilliant for everyone but as long as everyone gets a few bands that excite them, then it's a win for everyone.  I was delighted with QOTSA and the National, then Pearl Jam were confirmed and I'm buzzing.  Plus I've never been to Lisbon and everyone who's been says it's great.  Plus it's almost guaranteed bright sunshine 

Agreed man :) I like about 85% of the line up already. I've been nos alive 15, 16 and werchter 17 and I love nos as a festival and lisbon as a place. The weather is amazing, campsite if your camping is really good, loads better than werchter 

4 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Agreed man :) I like about 85% of the line up already. I've been nos alive 15, 16 and werchter 17 and I love nos as a festival and lisbon as a place. The weather is amazing, campsite if your camping is really good, loads better than werchter 

Went to RW last 3 years and fancied a change. Never been to Lisbon either.  We have airbnb booked in Belem which doesn't look too far away from festival.  I like fair majority of line up so far and really looking forward to it.

2 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Went to RW last 3 years and fancied a change. Never been to Lisbon either.  We have airbnb booked in Belem which doesn't look too far away from festival.  I like fair majority of line up so far and really looking forward to it.

Me and my mates explored belem when we there and it's either one stop on the train or like a 20/30 min walk

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Bit similar here, never been to Lisbon but really looking forward to it. Especially now during the winter. Have booked a nice appartement in Belem too, close to the station. From all that I have read I understand it is a nice area and well located in between the festival area and the center. 

Usually I am going for 3-4 acts a day I really want to attend, otherwise it is not much fun and too exhaustive. The rest more relaxed in the distance. With the current line-up I am already able to achieve that, can only get better. I bought tickets when only The National had been announced, so I am thrilled this is working out just fine.

• Upvote 1