NOS Alive 2018

Tremousse

I posted something on Rock Werchter's thread, and it will also interest people who go to Mad Cool : Jack White is around (in France for Garorock), hope he'll come ! PJ could invite him to play Off The Earth, it would be insane !

8 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I posted something on Rock Werchter's thread, and it will also interest people who go to Mad Cool : Jack White is around (in France for Garorock), hope he'll come ! PJ could invite him to play Off The Earth, it would be insane !

If he was to play it would have to be between pearl jam and Franz Ferdinand 

18 minutes ago, Nocurehangover said:

"Its Friday and I'm in love"......with Lisbon.....watch this space for announcement on Friday after public sale for Hyde Park commences......and "I'm only Human after all"

Bst a European exclusive. Love the cure but seen them recently and would rather a arctics headline set with new tunes over the cure any day. My bad

21 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Chvrches sagres stage 13th, are we still expecting snow patrol aswell? This is becoming a strong festival

I'd say they have a lot of acts signed and sealed like mad cool and are also doing the slow release. Maybe now altered the order we get them thanks to that leaked pic with snow patrol. Probably still expect snow patrol confirmed by next week at the latest. I'd go as far as to say that I'm genuinely expecting snow patrol, arctics and nine inch nails and greedily hoping we get kasabian and justice too. What a line up! Would top 2016 for me easily

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Mad Cool is going from strength to strength I so hope we have some more shared acts

Sadly probably too soon for tame impala to come back. Seen then twice during their last tour and the stole the weekend pretty much both times (NOS and Bestival) Alice in chains, NIN, Kasabian, MGMT,  the black Madonna, BRMC, Bloody Beetroots and maya Jane Coles. Add the rumoured Jack white/arctic monkeys co headline bill and that's got to top any line up NOS has had. Fingers crossed but I don't think we will get a like for like share with mad cool as I hope.

27 minutes ago, cc1989 said:

Sadly probably too soon for tame impala to come back. Seen then twice during their last tour and the stole the weekend pretty much both times (NOS and Bestival) Alice in chains, NIN, Kasabian, MGMT,  the black Madonna, BRMC, Bloody Beetroots and maya Jane Coles. Add the rumoured Jack white/arctic monkeys co headline bill and that's got to top any line up NOS has had. Fingers crossed but I don't think we will get a like for like share with mad cool as I hope.

Yh I assume tame impala  won't be back and i loved  them in 16. I'm hoping more for NIN Arctic and Jack white 

• Upvote 1

On 13/12/2017 at 8:44 AM, Nocurehangover said:

"Its Friday and I'm in love"......with Lisbon.....watch this space for announcement on Friday after public sale for Hyde Park commences......and "I'm only Human after all"

Rag n Bone Man now confirmed so just the Cure to be announced once the "exclusive" tag dissapears from Hyde Park

• Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Nocurehangover said:

Rag n Bone Man now confirmed so just the Cure to be announced once the "exclusive" tag dissapears from Hyde Park

Seriously hope this is wrong. A fan of the cure but a Jack white/nin/arctic monkeys combo sounds more like it. Bst if memory serves right are usually spot on with their exclusives. Tom petty last year an example.

Edited by cc1989

4 hours ago, Nocurehangover said:

9 minutes ago, cc1989 said:

Seriously hope this is wrong. A fan of the cure but a Jack white/nin/arctic monkeys combo sounds more like it. Bst if memory serves right are usually spot on with their exclusives. Tom petty last year an example.

Final NOS headliner is also at Mad Cool and their CM has said the two remaining co-headliners of Mad Cool each have one E in their name so it isn't The Cure.

• Upvote 1

Bilbao BBK announced some names today including James... I've always dreamt to see them (they came one time in 24 years in France), but I know that they are not unknown in Portugal. How big are the chances to have James at NOS Alive 2018 now ?

2 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Bilbao BBK announced some names today including James... I've always dreamt to see them (they came one time in 24 years in France), but I know that they are not unknown in Portugal. How big are the chances to have James at NOS Alive 2018 now ?

If they did would hope it was a greatest hits set and the sound of the songs was like they were originally intended to be. I'm a big fan of James but seen them in 2015 and well let's just say it was up there with the worst I seen that year. Would be ideal though if they played in a slot similar to what snow patrol may end up playing. 

What strikes me, is that of all announced acts so far, none are shared with Bilbao BBK. Usually they shared about 10 names or so although last year it was less. Sign of change of direction at BBK perhaps due to Mad Cool?

Currently NOS shares 9 names with the Mad Cool line-up (10 in total last year). Although Mad Cool has quite a great line-up, hopefully NOS will start becoming more unique. 

Edited by StupidDream
Wrong name

15 minutes ago, cc1989 said:

Looks like the announcements have slowed down to a complete stop. Suppose to be expected now they've secured sales for 3 day and Saturday tickets. Anyone reckon we will get new names before new year?

I'd have thought we would have had confirmation of snow patrol but maybe they have put that back after it was leaked. I think it will be probably New year now though with arctics

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

I'd have thought we would have had confirmation of snow patrol but maybe they have put that back after it was leaked. I think it will be probably New year now though with arctics

Yeah I'm thinking the same. They seem to have went out their way to avoid the acts in that leaked poster. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cc1989 said:

Looks like the announcements have slowed down to a complete stop. Suppose to be expected now they've secured sales for 3 day and Saturday tickets. Anyone reckon we will get new names before new year?

The promoter of the festival had annouced a new festival in July with some old-school bands (KISS, Scorpions, Megadeth) and sales are going well so yeah they're slowing down with new names... probably new confirmations next week