NOS Alive 2018

Tremousse

Knowing that Mad Cool CM said that Mad Cool will have NOS Alive headliners on its line-up, + the fact that people who know the dates on Pearl Jam community said that they'll play in Lisbon at the end of the tour, + the clues given on Mad Cool facebook page, + the tweet by Pearl Jam quoting their song All Or None "Can we help that our destinations are the ones that we've been before" two days ago (they played in Lisbon in 2010)...

The probability reaches something like 95%.

The only possible scenario for Pearl Jam not being at NOS Alive would be a concert by Pearl Jam in Lisbon around 14th July, but not in NOS Alive, something like Altiice Arena (like Iron Maiden who play during NOS Alive in Altiice Arena), and in the meantime, the two headliners not announced yet at NOS Alive would be coheadlining Mad Cool one day only, or one would be subbing Pearl Jam at Mad Cool, or one of the headliners of NOS Alive is Nine Inch Nails. Probability : 5%

FINGERS CROSSED FOR PEARL JAM :) 

The real question is : Who is the third headliner ??

A third rock'n'roll act would be a bit ambitious, less probable...Or maybe cohead (Nine Inch Nails?)... I can't really see Clapton... 

So artists on tour : Florence & The Machine, Macklemore, Gorillaz

Have not announced anything yet but could be here : Lorde, The Cure (new album rumour), Snow Patrol (same), Mumford and Sons (same but they played in 2015), Arctic Monkeys (same, but maybe too rock), Eminem, Kendrick Lamar? Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Ruled out : Foo Fighters, Nick Cave, Depeche Mode, The XX, U2 (Mad Cool CM...), Bruno Mars, The Killers, Kings Of Leon (played at Mad Cool last year + rule of headline acts shared), Green Day (same), Kiss, Iron Maiden

Lot of possibilities... My personnal hope would be The Cure !

Pearl Jam and Arctic Monkeys. The main issue with the second ones is that they are not able to announced them till january. Actually they have the same issue than Mad Cool, Werchter and Roskilde.

So Pearl Jam next week and the Monkeys for the next month or so, that's what I think will happen.

And Gorillaz will only gonna be in BBK and Sonar, so there're no chances for them neither at Mad Cool or here.

Edited by YunT

Thanks everyone for the probability maths.:). I cannot contain the excitement of seeing pearl jam.. I'm guessing arctic monkeys will be the third headliner as they will have a new album.. qotsa, pearl jam, arctic monkeys would be just amazing... the best thing about festivals is finding new music so can't wait to explore the whole thing... we're coming over from ireland where we are used to rainy festivals and welly boots... 1st time to nos alive.. if anyone has some good advice on the festival and some tips I would really appreciate them... thankyou!!! 

We're now all signed up for this one too. Apartment, flights and tickets all booked now! Somehow we ended up going for this ahead of really knowing who might play, but the combination of a great city with beaches alongside a festival with a decent line up history swung it and we just decided to go for it!

I love Wolf Alice, and was really hoping that whatever festival I rocked up at next year might give us The Arctic Monkeys - so fingers crossed!