NOS Alive 2018

Tremousse

14 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Highly unlikely, for such big names I would say only some room left on the Thursday. But both Kasabian and Tame Impala are at Mad Cool that day. Massive Attack has quite a lot of gigs during that period, doubt whether they would squeeze in another.

But NOS has superprised us before. Although I don't believe they will put Kasabian with Two Door Cinema Club and The Kooks on the Friday.

Interpol is probably too big for the Thursday?

Interpol came to NOS Alive’14, the same day Arctic Monkeys played at the time. 

In other words, it’s not impossible, but I have my doubts about that...

I expect one more name for Friday and I don’t think it will be a Portuguese one. 

On the other hand, I’m expecting Capitão Fausto to open NOS Stage on the Thursday.

If you see the line up on their website, National and Jack White are alone under the headliner. On Thursday, we have two bands under Arctic Monkeys...

Edited by joaommaia

It’s something like this:

NOS Stage
12 - Arctic Monkeys, Nine Inch Nails, Snow Patrol, +1/2?
13 - QOTSA, The National, Two Door Cinema Club, The Kooks, +0/1?
14 - Pearl Jam, Jack White, Franz Ferdinand, Alice In Chains e MGMT.

Sagres Stage
12 - Wolf Alice, Friendly Fires, Khalid, Sampha, +4?
13 - Future Islands, Portugal. The Man, CHVRCHES, Rag'n'Bone Man, Yo La Tengo, EELS, +2?
14 - Mallu Magalhães, Real Estate, At the Drive In, Perfume Genius, Marmozets, +3?

Between 10 and 12 names to be announced for these stages.

Edited by joaommaia

13 hours ago, maksym26 said:

They´re probably still announcing 1/2 international bands and 1/2 portuguese bands for Main Stage.

There are still around 12 names for Sagres Stage (smaller stage).

The are still missing acts for Palco Coreto by Arruada for saturday.

And NOS Clubbing is also missing around 20 names. 

Cool...thankyou.. can I ask what Nos Clubbing Is? One of the stages maybe..

1 hour ago, lima said:

Cool...thankyou.. can I ask what Nos Clubbing Is? One of the stages maybe..

Yes it is one of the stages, more dedicated to electronic music and some hip hop, however last year was kind of a extension of Coreto Stage (the one for portuguese bands).  Let s see what they will do this year

15 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Yes it is one of the stages, more dedicated to electronic music and some hip hop, however last year was kind of a extension of Coreto Stage (the one for portuguese bands).  Let s see what they will do this year

Very cool...thankyou.. 

First act on main stage at 17:00 instead of 18:00? Not seeing how this could work otherwise, especially with Pearl Jam having a really long slot. Maybe The Last Internationale just 30 minutes would help too, but you need some time for the change-up as well. Definitely see MGMT playing after Pearl Jam now. 

Tame Impala is some kind of exclusive, although I don't know whether spain, peninsula or europe. And they played two years ago, would be a quick return...

What's with all the shared acts with Mad Cool though? What's now, 90% of international acts? Not trying to diss or provoke anyone, but seems like kind of a partnership deal, can we expect something like that in future editions too?

8 minutes ago, clasher said:

Tame Impala is some kind of exclusive, although I don't know whether spain, peninsula or europe. And they played two years ago, would be a quick return...

What's with all the shared acts with Mad Cool though? What's now, 90% of international acts? Not trying to diss or provoke anyone, but seems like kind of a partnership deal, can we expect something like that in future editions too?

could be, and given the timing of the announcements it seems to me that mad cool had a sort of exclusivity, and other festivals like nos could announce the same acts just a month later (or something like that)