NOS Alive 2018

Tremousse

1 minute ago, with_tired_eyes said:

Because every festival will announce AM on Monday, there are like 10-15 festivals to announce AM at the same time.

Yeah I know, hard to miss that on this forum :P Sorry for the confusion, that's what I meant with the 'otherwise'; would be strange if NOS isn't one of the festivals that will supposedly announce AM on Monday. Of course, as of yet, NOS hasn't indicated an announcement next Monday, nor has Mad Cool. 

6 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Yeah I know, hard to miss that on this forum :P Sorry for the confusion, that's what I meant with the 'otherwise'; would be strange if NOS isn't one of the festivals that will supposedly announce AM on Monday. Of course, as of yet, NOS hasn't indicated an announcement next Monday, nor has Mad Cool. 

Mad Cool will do it either today or Sunday, 2PM MAD time. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

Mad Cool will do it either today or Sunday, 2PM MAD time. 

Expecting that too. Most interested in what the tease will be like this time... Can't be too obvious, just something to cause some confusion. 

Maybe I should take the Monday off. Won't be very productive, also depends on what surprises PS may bring.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Expecting that too. Most interested in what the tease will be like this time... Can't be too obvious, just something to cause some confusion. 

Maybe I should take the Monday off. Won't be very productive, also depends on what surprises PS may bring.

i'll work from home and have open tabs on all the festivals and press f5 once in a while lol

14 minutes ago, cc1989 said:

Reading through other threads on here and seeing that arctic monkeys will be playing Porto instead of Lisbon? :o

Could be... All those different rumours are a bit strange, so no simple answer. We'll just have to wait. Don't get your hopes up too high for a (headliner) annoucement for tomorrow. 

Combining Porto and Lissabon does not seem very likely. But neither does PS and Mad Cool.

If it's not AM, we probably get another amazing Thursday headliner, maybe better than AM.

Edited by StupidDream

22 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Could be... All those different rumours are a bit strange, so no simple answer. We'll just have to wait. Don't get your hopes up too high for a (headliner) annoucement for tomorrow. 

Combining Porto and Lissabon does not seem very likely. But neither does PS and Mad Cool.

If it's not AM, we probably get another amazing Thursday headliner, maybe better than AM.

I guess thar AM are “too much” for the usual NOS Primavera Sound’s line-up. However, lately, these rumours have made me question if this band is really going to be the final headliner of NOS Alive.

Edited by obamacares

Primavera line up out. Sziget and werchter have a reveal today. Open'er and best kept secret also to add something today I believe.  This would be funny if all this time mad cool and nos alive were rumoured for arctic monkeys, they were the notable 2 that didn't have them. And yet not funny at all. Knew I was asking for too much with nine inch nails and am haha 

1 minute ago, idioteque87 said:

What are the chances of Nick Cave playing this festival? 

I’m no fan of him so wouldn’t be a great addition for me. I’d guess when you take into account ticket price and what we have already,  it’s maybe unrealistic to think we’ll get more big names. You never know though 

On the English version of the NOS Alive website, the News updates from today and last Friday state that they also announced "Last Internacional" to play on the Saturday (14 July). I assume they actually mean "The Last Internationale", which would make sense as they also play Mad Cool on the Thursday. However, I can't find any official announcement. Moreover, it erraneously states Sampha would play on Saturday while he's announced for the Thursday. 

Back in 2014 The Last Internationale played main stage, maybe now in the tent? Marmozets played main in 2015 and is also in the tent now, so maybe it is just thanks to the stacked line-up this year. This edition seems very international so far, compared to previous editions. Although Portugese acts may (usually) be announced on a later stage.

Edit: It's here and here, and made screens in case they remove it. 

Edited by StupidDream
Links

I am well chuffed for the Arctic Monkeys..

They are a great addition to Thursday and the opening of the festival..   its great value for money to see all these amazing acts in the one place in the sun...has anyone got any top tips for nos alive as this is our first time attending? Things to do before the festival, beaches to visit..what time does the festival open at and is there likely to be a dance act late Thursday nite? So many questions....

17 minutes ago, lima said:

I am well chuffed for the Arctic Monkeys..

They are a great addition to Thursday and the opening of the festival..   its great value for money to see all these amazing acts in the one place in the sun...has anyone got any top tips for nos alive as this is our first time attending? Things to do before the festival, beaches to visit..what time does the festival open at and is there likely to be a dance act late Thursday nite? So many questions....

https://backpacknstuff.wordpress.com/2016/10/04/nos-alive-2016/

sorry to post again but i believe you can get the general atmosphere/ some informations :)

15 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

Any chance we can have Tame Impala, Kasabian or Massive Attack?

Highly unlikely, for such big names I would say only some room left on the Thursday. But both Kasabian and Tame Impala are at Mad Cool that day. Massive Attack has quite a lot of gigs during that period, doubt whether they would squeeze in another.

But NOS has superprised us before. Although I don't believe they will put Kasabian with Two Door Cinema Club and The Kooks on the Friday.

Interpol is probably too big for the Thursday?