NOS Alive 2018

Tremousse

9 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

In the past often some acts were shared with Benicassim, usually taking place a week later. Already Wolf Alice and Two Door Cinema Club are shared, maybe one or a few more? Shame, Nothing But Thieves, Everything Everything and/or The Vaccines would be nice, I reckon the will put them in the tent. Possible mainstage material could be Liam Gallagher, Bastille or Catfish and the Bottleman. Not really the ones I am hoping for. 

Like I said before, Stereophonics and Skunk Anansie are possibilities, but some more diversity would be great. At least one dance act.

Let's still hope for Nine Inch Nails. Or an unannounced Rolling Stones tour... It's a crazy year...

Nothing But Thieves is THE band to book this year. And it matches perfectly with NOS Alive directions.

5 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Are there secondary sites to get tickets from? Saturday is sold out, but Pearl Jam, Jack White and AIC plus a couple of days in Lisbon sounds good to me. 

You can try secondary resale websites, but in my opinion main resale websites like viagogo are too much risk. Tickets are way too expensive (260€) and they are almost fakes. Check the facebook event if there's someone who sells its ticket and be the first to ask for tickets, talk a little bit to see if you can trust the person. At this moment of the year, it's nearly impossible to get a 3-day ticket but you can still try. If you want to book an hotel, I believe that official package sales are coming if I remember well (NOS Alive + hotel) (need confirmation), at least it's safe.

1 minute ago, Tremousse said:

You can try secondary resale websites, but in my opinion main resale websites like viagogo are too much risk. Tickets are way too expensive (260€) and they are almost fakes. Check the facebook event if there's someone who sells its ticket and be the first to ask for tickets, talk a little bit to see if you can trust the person. At this moment of the year, it's nearly impossible to get a 3-day ticket but you can still try. If you want to book an hotel, I believe that official package sales are coming if I remember well (NOS Alive + hotel) (need confirmation), at least it's safe.

Thanks. Yeah I was thinking against viagogo and stubhub, I'll have a look around. 

20 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Are there secondary sites to get tickets from? Saturday is sold out, but Pearl Jam, Jack White and AIC plus a couple of days in Lisbon sounds good to me. 

Try olx.com (or something like that?) - a portuguese site a couple of locals recomended when I was looking for another ticket - I was too late though so I can't tell you much aside from finding a ton of sellers who already sold the tickets.

1 minute ago, clasher said:

Try olx.com (or something like that?) - a portuguese site a couple of locals recomended when I was looking for another ticket - I was too late though so I can't tell you much aside from finding a ton of sellers who already sold the tickets.

Thanks. I'll have a look. 

14 hours ago, arcuse said:

Where did you see/read that exactly?

37 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

In the past often some acts were shared with Benicassim, usually taking place a week later. Already Wolf Alice and Two Door Cinema Club are shared, maybe one or a few more? Shame, Nothing But Thieves, Everything Everything and/or The Vaccines would be nice, I reckon the will put them in the tent. Possible mainstage material could be Liam Gallagher, Bastille or Catfish and the Bottleman. Not really the ones I am hoping for. 

Like I said before, Stereophonics and Skunk Anansie are possibilities, but some more diversity would be great. At least one dance act.

Let's still hope for Nine Inch Nails. Or an unannounced Rolling Stones tour... It's a crazy year...

I think it was mentioned at the time of announcement for tame impala at mad cool. I could be wrong.

I'm hopeful for NIN based on the fact that them just being about is too good an opportunity to miss out on as a booking which doesn't really happen with nos alive. Other than kasabian and tame impala (aswell as depeche mode who headlined last year anyway) we have the big names from mad cool wrapped up now. Nine inch nails would be the 1 of the 3 you'd have to book and I'm not seeing them appear in any Portuguese line up either so I'm hoping we get them tommorow then arctic monkeys on Monday. 

If that's the case id maybe borrow some of your ideas and have Thursdays main stage look like this

THE VACCINES - CATFISH AND THE BOTTLEMEN - SNOW PATROL - NINE INCH NAILS - ARCTIC MONKEYS 

1 hour ago, cc1989 said:

I think it was mentioned at the time of announcement for tame impala at mad cool. I could be wrong.

Can't find anything on Facebook and it doesn't say anything on the artist page about being exclusive. Really would think they would boast a lot more if they got Tame Impala exclusively. So I'm still gonna hope for them to be the last addition to 13th; there are some similar acts so I can see them fitting to the profile. Doubtful but it would make my summer if they where coming :)

1 hour ago, Syvero said:

Can't find anything on Facebook and it doesn't say anything on the artist page about being exclusive. Really would think they would boast a lot more if they got Tame Impala exclusively. So I'm still gonna hope for them to be the last addition to 13th; there are some similar acts so I can see them fitting to the profile. Doubtful but it would make my summer if they where coming :)

Tame impala at nos 2016 was the highlight of the weekend for me. Robert plant a close 2nd.

Don´t forger that NOS Alive always puts 1/2 portuguese bands on Main Stage, so I think that thursdat there will be 4 international bands and 1 portuguese act, friday there will be only 4 acts that are aleady announced and maybe a portuguese band and saturday is closed. My guesse are that Arctic Monkeys and NiN will be confirmed in near future, leaving only 1 international band to be confirmed on monday. As for portuguese band it could be Capitão Fausto or Linda Martini both bands are excellent and very popular here in Portugal and they suit very well in this lineup.

For those who want to buy a ticket OLX.COM is the best choice, but don´t expect nothing chepear than 220 euros. Good Luck.

• Like 1

Twickets worth a try for a ticket.  I had a look just now and there's nothing but you can set up an alert and you get a text or email if any get listed.  All tickets on that site are sold face value or less and your money is protected.

7 hours ago, maksym26 said:

Don´t forger that NOS Alive always puts 1/2 portuguese bands on Main Stage, so I think that thursdat there will be 4 international bands and 1 portuguese act, friday there will be only 4 acts that are aleady announced and maybe a portuguese band and saturday is closed. My guesse are that Arctic Monkeys and NiN will be confirmed in near future, leaving only 1 international band to be confirmed on monday. As for portuguese band it could be Capitão Fausto or Linda Martini both bands are excellent and very popular here in Portugal and they suit very well in this lineup.

For those who want to buy a ticket OLX.COM is the best choice, but don´t expect nothing chepear than 220 euros. Good Luck.

Oh yes please Capitao Fausto. Last year, we didn't see a lot of local acts with my festival bro but we had a crazy time in front of Modernos on clubbing stage (which is not dedicated to electronic music as the name suggests), and our Portuguese neighbour in the campsite told us that a part of Modernos plays in Capitao Fausto; so we'd love to see them. Otherwise, I had love the winner of Eurovision last year, Salvador Sobral, it would be ace to see him but I've heard he has serious health troubles.

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

Oh yes please Capitao Fausto. Last year, we didn't see a lot of local acts with my festival bro but we had a crazy time in front of Modernos on clubbing stage (which is not dedicated to electronic music as the name suggests), and our Portuguese neighbour in the campsite told us that a part of Modernos plays in Capitao Fausto; so we'd love to see them. Otherwise, I had love the winner of Eurovision last year, Salvador Sobral, it would be ace to see him but I've heard he has serious health troubles.

He had a heart surgery, so idk about him, but I heared that he´s recovering now and may perfom at Eurovision this year, so if they book him later maybe he could play, but I expect Linda Martini or Capitão Fausto because they are big bands that are releasing new albums this year.

Thanks, now also on the official instagram. However, every day I check their news during that time because of all recent announcements. Even more psyched now :lol: Sort of assumed Friday would be quiet... Could be something different than a name though, but it looks big...

Or maybe start of new ticket sales or packages? 

7 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Thanks, now also on the official instagram. However, every day I check their news during that time because of all recent announcements. Even more psyched now :lol: Sort of assumed Friday would be quiet... Could be something different than a name though, but it looks big...

Or maybe start of new ticket sales or packages? 

IT will be a band. Nos Alive only make teases when is a Headliner to be announced.   When they announced the 2 day tickets package, they didnt teased, they just announced,  so possibly we will get Arctic Monkeys tomorrow?

1 minute ago, Tigane said:

IT will be a band. Nos Alive only make teases when is a Headliner to be announced.   When they announced the 2 day tickets package, they didnt teased, they just announced,  so possibly we will get Arctic Monkeys tomorrow?

Yeah, I started checking their previous social media methods as well and basically came to the same conclusion. PJ got a tease and Depeche Mode last year got a sort of heads up on the same day as the announcement.

AM would be the easy guess... Or we are in for a really big surprise.