NOS Alive 2018

Tremousse

37 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

So, after these last two weeks with some new announcements the line-up looks something like this (the order they are in isn't quite right; acts in bold are shared with Mad Cool):

THURSDAY 12 JULY

Palco NOS: [...] - [...] - Snow Patrol - [...] - [...]
Palco Sagres: [...] - [...] - Khalid - [...] - [...] - Wolf Alice - Friendly Fires - [...]

FRIDAY 13 JULY

Palco NOS: [???] - [...] - The Kooks - Two Door Cinema Club - The National - Queens of the Stone Age
Palco Sagres: [...] - [...] - Rag'n'Bone Man - Portugal. The Man - Eels - Yo La Tengo - Future Islands - CHVRCHES

SATURDAY 14 JULY

Palco NOS: [...] - Franz Ferdinand - Jack White - Pearl Jam
Palco Sagres: [...] - Mallu Magalhães - Marmozets - [...] - Real Estate - [Clap Your Hands Say Yeah] - Perfume Genius - At the Drive-In 

I assumed on Saturday only four acts will play on the mainstage because Pearl Jam will likely play up to 2.5h and Jack White will probably do also quite a set. I don't know if they put anything in the tent during PJ, so potentially one act less on the Saturday. With TDCC, The National and QotSA on Friday I am not sure how this will work out, maybe also just four acts although having two days with four is hard to imagine. Thursday still pretty empty, with Arctic Monkeys heavily rumoured to headline. TBH I can't think of anyone else at the moment that would fit. So otherwise it would be a surprise or 'disappointing'. It would make sense to have another rather big name on the Thursday; either a sub for AM or a closing electronic/pop. To sum it all up: we need at least five names for the mainstage, assuming AM is correct. Could be some big Portugese acts I don't know. What are your thoughts?
For the Thursday mainstage: looking at Mad Cool, main stage acts could be Jack Johnson, Nine Inch Nails or Alice in Chains. I thought I'd read somebody saying AiC was an Iberian exclusive, but I am not sure. Somewhat smaller are Kaleo and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. From Bilbao BBK Noel Gallagher is still a possibility, his exact date has yet to be confirmed though. From TRNSMT Liam Gallagher or Stereophonics? Some other wild guesses, at least names I couldn't rule out: Mø, St. Vincent, Nothing But Thieves, Catfish and the Bottleman, Skunk Anansie, London Grammar (better in a tent), The Offspring, Fischerspooner, James. Nothing announced yet but good possibility, also previously mentioned: The Vaccines. Elbow?

I guess that for the about 8-9 names for the Sagres stage we will get some Portugese names as well. 

Nice work :) I expect Friday and Saturday are near to done for international acts maybe the odd one. Thursday still has about 6 already international

Arctic monkeys and nine inch nails on Thursday please. QOTSA and NIN are the last 2 on my bucket list (with the exception of a daft punk return) pearl jam are by far my favourite band of all time and arctic monkeys are the only act id consider for second place. If the stars align and I get this line up I'd consider this as close to the dream festival as possible. Surely not? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, cc1989 said:

Arctic monkeys and nine inch nails on Thursday please. QOTSA and NIN are the last 2 on my bucket list (with the exception of a daft punk return) pearl jam are by far my favourite band of all time and arctic monkeys are the only act id consider for second place. If the stars align and I get this line up I'd consider this as close to the dream festival as possible. Surely not? :ph34r:

LET'S FULFILL YOUR DREAM ! I'm very tempted to say that the stars will align but I don't want you to be unlucky for something. I'd love NIN !

(Nevertheless someone special told me months ago that Arctics would play at Rock Werchter, NOS Alive, Roskilde and Mad Cool, I think we should have news in the next 10 days... But don't take what I write here in account, I'm not certain)

• Upvote 1

Which means that Saturday looks absolutely massive with MGMT > Franz Ferdinand > Jack White > Pearl Jam on the Main. Though the Sagres stage lacks a bit imo.. I think we have all the names for those two stages right now, no? .. Something like this?

MGMT > Franz Ferdinand > Jack White > Pearl Jam
Mallu Magallhaes > Real Estate > Marmozets > Perfume Genius > gap > At The Drive In > Clap Your Hands Say Yeah 

12 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Which means that Saturday looks absolutely massive with MGMT > Franz Ferdinand > Jack White > Pearl Jam on the Main. Though the Sagres stage lacks a bit imo.. I think we have all the names for those two stages right now, no? .. Something like this?

Mallu Magallhaes > Real Estate > Marmozets > Perfume Genius > gap > At The Drive In > Clap Your Hands Say Yeah 

Usually seven or eight acts a day on the second stage, so likely at least one act more. Unless they get longer slots this year or main acts have special requests. I could say again I expect Portugese acts now... Maybe an act that is less rock for the balance.

14 minutes ago, arcuse said:

No gap between Perfume Genius and ATDI, they have 6 international acts per day on Sagres and I think that Mallu is one of them. (+ 2 local acts) She's well-known in Portugal. (and she's awesome) 

14 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

I expect MGMT to play after Pearl Jam as a kind of "late night electro act" (like M83 in 2016)

Maybe (that would be great) but Pearl Jam plays in general at least 2.5 hours. 

This line-up is ace. Approximately 7 names for the two main stages are coming including AM and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. People are screaming on the facebook post because they've announced Jack White and MGMT when there's no more tickets... These folks have never battled to get a Glastonbury ticket :P 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tremousse said:
30 minutes ago, arcuse said:

No gap between Perfume Genius and ATDI, they have 6 international acts per day on Sagres and I think that Mallu is one of them. (+ 2 local acts) She's well-known in Portugal. (and she's awesome) 

There's a gap because of Pearl Jam, that's why. MGMT as late night act makes sense, yes which leaves just the Mainstage opener to a local act I think (or another international band??).. re: Mallu, they're not gonna give her just 30 mins, right? She seems, as you said, to be really popular so I can't imagine her having a short set as you'd normally see early on the schedule..

https:///s/nos18 (There ya go tho!) :) 

Edited by arcuse

2 minutes ago, arcuse said:

There's a gap because of Pearl Jam, that's why. MGMT as late night act makes sense, yes which leaves just the Mainstage opener to a local act I think (or another international band??).. re: Mallu, they're not gonna give her just 30 mins, right? She seems, as you said, to be really popular so I can't imagine her having a short set as you'd normally see early on the schedule..

This year on main stage, the last day had Depeche Mode, Kodaline, Imagine Dragons and The Black Mamba. So with PJ playing a long set, and MGMT, Jack White (not a short set) and Franz Ferdinand, it seems very improbable to get another main stage name. CYHSY is very probably the last international name for Saturday. 

Okay, I don't think I've ever been this stoked about a festival before. It's my second time going to a festival outside of Scandinavia (my first time being at Timeshift Festival in Bucharest, completely spontaneous while on vacation), and wow the lineup just keeps on giving. I'm completely by the fact that the Thursday is almost empty still. Therefore I also wonder about some acts.

Mad Cool has got Odesza on the 13th, potential act for Sagres on the 12th? They play in Belgium the 11th and Germany the 14th, maybe four days of traveling and shows are a bit too much? Well I'm hopeful. Missed their act at Roskilde in 2016 due to my (then) girlfriend being sick under Red Hot Chili Peppers (which were pretty boring, not worth it lol). 

Another act I "missed" at Roskilde (due to being pretty short and getting horrible spots at the show) is Tame Impala. The 13th and 14th are already packed with great names, so I'm a bit pessimistic that they will be added. They play at Mad Cool on the 12th so there are possibilities right? 

56 minutes ago, Syvero said:

Okay, I don't think I've ever been this stoked about a festival before. It's my second time going to a festival outside of Scandinavia (my first time being at Timeshift Festival in Bucharest, completely spontaneous while on vacation), and wow the lineup just keeps on giving. I'm completely by the fact that the Thursday is almost empty still. Therefore I also wonder about some acts.

Mad Cool has got Odesza on the 13th, potential act for Sagres on the 12th? They play in Belgium the 11th and Germany the 14th, maybe four days of traveling and shows are a bit too much? Well I'm hopeful. Missed their act at Roskilde in 2016 due to my (then) girlfriend being sick under Red Hot Chili Peppers (which were pretty boring, not worth it lol). 

Another act I "missed" at Roskilde (due to being pretty short and getting horrible spots at the show) is Tame Impala. The 13th and 14th are already packed with great names, so I'm a bit pessimistic that they will be added. They play at Mad Cool on the 12th so there are possibilities right? 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but tame impala were mentioned as a mad cool exclusive in Europe I'm sure. Could be wrong. I wouldn't imagine they would be back so soon having played 2016 but I think a few 2016 acts are on the bill still. I'm suddenly giving up hope if nine inch nails for this today. Can't see where they would fit unless snow patrol or the national get bumped down to 3rd top on Thursday or Friday respectively.  

On 23.1.2018 at 11:04 AM, arcuse said:

https:///s/nos18 (There ya go tho!) :) 

Well, we have 5 acts at the main stage now, with (in my opinion) AIC or FF opening -> Jack White -> Pearl Jam and MGMT as late night.

12 minutes ago, cc1989 said:

What we now thinking for Thursday then? 

??-??-snow patrol-??-arctic monkeys 

Kaleo -  Florence & The Machine  Kendrick Lamar?

EDIT : Florence plays on 13th in Germany so no.

Edited by Tremousse

In the past often some acts were shared with Benicassim, usually taking place a week later. Already Wolf Alice and Two Door Cinema Club are shared, maybe one or a few more? Shame, Nothing But Thieves, Everything Everything and/or The Vaccines would be nice, I reckon the will put them in the tent. Possible mainstage material could be Liam Gallagher, Bastille or Catfish and the Bottleman. Not really the ones I am hoping for. 

Like I said before, Stereophonics and Skunk Anansie are possibilities, but some more diversity would be great. At least one dance act.

Let's still hope for Nine Inch Nails. Or an unannounced Rolling Stones tour... It's a crazy year...

• Upvote 1