NOS Alive 2018

Tremousse

5 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

The insane thing is, my friends and me choosed to go to this festival next year more for the atmosphere than the line-up... What the fuck is actually happening... Franz Ferdinand - Jack White - Pearl Jam on the last day is mindblowing... The whole line-up is brilliant!

Strongest nos line up I think and they've had strong ones in the past.

5 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

Wait until you see the whole festivalground wrapped in fake-grass... to sit everywhere. (and there is even more)

They are seriously going to do that ? I don't need to sit but I like the idea ahah ! I also like the fact that NOS Alive is not overcrowded like some big European festivals, we had an easy access to every stage last year ! 

2 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Strongest nos line up I think and they've had strong ones in the past.

Depends a bit on your tastes as well, but this is surely working for me! Maybe they stepped up a bit to be able to compete with Mad Cool or profit from the growth of Mad Cool. NOS has had big names before, but usually has to compensate with some smaller names or big Portugese acts. We are not completely there yet of course. NOS 2015 looked pretty decent as well, if you ask me. 

9 hours ago, Tremousse said:

They are seriously going to do that ? I don't need to sit but I like the idea ahah ! I also like the fact that NOS Alive is not overcrowded like some big European festivals, we had an easy access to every stage last year ! 

Yes, but if I compare 2016 to 2017 it was overcrowded sometimes because they cut the festival area a little. 2016 they had more space - and more ways between the stages, so there was not just one way between them.

Was beginning to think we were only getting one of Jack white and arctics. Looks like it's surely both. Incredible line up but yeah the greedy part of me admittedly is still hoping for nine inch nails to some how find a space on Thursday or Friday and then brmc and Alice in chains too.

I'd be surprised if the sub or cohead for Arctics is on Mad Cool line-up for different reasons : I don't think that both festivals would have exactly the same headliners... Also, it would be 3 rock acts for NOS Alive, while they had The XX and the Weeknd cohead last year... 

Is there one headliner remaining for Bilbao BBK ? I wonder if Gorillaz have announced all their tour dates... Otherwise maybe there are dates to come from someone like Lorde... I think it would make sense... Also it would be a good commercial strategy to announce the big rock acts first and then the big pop acts to sell out... Also the fact that Rock Werchter takes a so long time to announce is a good sign, they could have surprises.

3 hours ago, Tremousse said:

I'd be surprised if the sub or cohead for Arctics is on Mad Cool line-up for different reasons : I don't think that both festivals would have exactly the same headliners... Also, it would be 3 rock acts for NOS Alive, while they had The XX and the Weeknd cohead last year... 

Is there one headliner remaining for Bilbao BBK ? I wonder if Gorillaz have announced all their tour dates... Otherwise maybe there are dates to come from someone like Lorde... I think it would make sense... Also it would be a good commercial strategy to announce the big rock acts first and then the big pop acts to sell out... Also the fact that Rock Werchter takes a so long time to announce is a good sign, they could have surprises.

I was thinking the same, more or less. But in my enthusiasm for AM I forgot that at first I anticipated a day with a pop/dance headliner (similar to The Weeknd, Disclosure etc.). Not really my thing, but can't be all great I thought. After BBK announced Gorillaz I thought they would come to NOS as well, but too much time has passed and probably too big next to AM. I really hope you are right and that Werchter brings us a big surprise. After all the surprises are way more fun than those rumoured acts. But we might get too greedy :P

It would still make sense if a big electronic/dance act would be added to the line-up. I would really like Massive Attack for the Thursday, but guess it's a bit too much for them as they play July 13, 15, 16, 18, 19, 21. And yet another name from Mad Cool. Maybe Odesza from today's drop of names?

5 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Hmmm I didn't even consider gorillaz once arctic monkeys rumour got in full swing.  Now we have Jack white as a sub I'm confident of at least 2 big names joining the main stage line up even if it ends up looking top heavy. Now we seem to be at the final stretch, what are people's predictions for the acts to come? Heart says nine inch nails, brmc, black Madonna, Daniel Avery, Richie hawtin, 21 pilots (for the Mrs' benefit) kasabian, Alice in chains and arctic monkeys

My head is now thinking arctic monkeys, gorillaz, Alice in chains at least. 

3 minutes ago, cc1989 said:

Hmmm I didn't even consider gorillaz once arctic monkeys rumour got in full swing.  Now we have Jack white as a sub I'm confident of at least 2 big names joining the main stage line up even if it ends up looking top heavy. Now we seem to be at the final stretch, what are people's predictions for the acts to come? Heart says nine inch nails, brmc, black Madonna, Daniel Avery, Richie hawtin, 21 pilots (for the Mrs' benefit) kasabian, Alice in chains and arctic monkeys

I'm expecting arctic monkeys and then just few filler type names for the tent now. The only big space after arctic gets announced that i can think off is a big name for Thursday tent 

14 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Gorillaz won´t be on ALive, because on 12th July they are in Italy 

http://www.summer-festival.com/events/501/gorillaz

Good spot! 

23 minutes ago, cc1989 said:

21 Pilots would be ace! but they didn't announce anything, that would be a great surprise. So approximately 6 names coming besides AM and Clap Your Hands Say  Yeah... including 3 main stage names...I'd like Kaleo, Jain, The Gaslight Anthem, Nine Inch Nails, Kasabian and James. But it seems unrealistic because not enough electronic acts...

• Upvote 1

So, after these last two weeks with some new announcements the line-up looks something like this (the order they are in isn't quite right; acts in bold are shared with Mad Cool):

THURSDAY 12 JULY

Palco NOS: [...] - [...] - Snow Patrol - [...] - [...]
Palco Sagres: [...] - [...] - Khalid - [...] - [...] - Wolf Alice - Friendly Fires - [...]

FRIDAY 13 JULY

Palco NOS: [???] - [...] - The Kooks - Two Door Cinema Club - The National - Queens of the Stone Age
Palco Sagres: [...] - [...] - Rag'n'Bone Man - Portugal. The Man - Eels - Yo La Tengo - Future Islands - CHVRCHES

SATURDAY 14 JULY

Palco NOS: [...] - Franz Ferdinand - Jack White - Pearl Jam
Palco Sagres: [...] - Mallu Magalhães - Marmozets - [...] - Real Estate - [Clap Your Hands Say Yeah] - Perfume Genius - At the Drive-In 

I assumed on Saturday only four acts will play on the mainstage because Pearl Jam will likely play up to 2.5h and Jack White will probably do also quite a set. I don't know if they put anything in the tent during PJ, so potentially one act less on the Saturday. With TDCC, The National and QotSA on Friday I am not sure how this will work out, maybe also just four acts although having two days with four is hard to imagine. Thursday still pretty empty, with Arctic Monkeys heavily rumoured to headline. TBH I can't think of anyone else at the moment that would fit. So otherwise it would be a surprise or 'disappointing'. It would make sense to have another rather big name on the Thursday; either a sub for AM or a closing electronic/pop. To sum it all up: we need at least five names for the mainstage, assuming AM is correct. Could be some big Portugese acts I don't know. What are your thoughts?
For the Thursday mainstage: looking at Mad Cool, main stage acts could be Jack Johnson, Nine Inch Nails or Alice in Chains. I thought I'd read somebody saying AiC was an Iberian exclusive, but I am not sure. Somewhat smaller are Kaleo and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. From Bilbao BBK Noel Gallagher is still a possibility, his exact date has yet to be confirmed though. From TRNSMT Liam Gallagher or Stereophonics? Some other wild guesses, at least names I couldn't rule out: Mø, St. Vincent, Nothing But Thieves, Catfish and the Bottleman, Skunk Anansie, London Grammar (better in a tent), The Offspring, Fischerspooner, James. Nothing announced yet but good possibility, also previously mentioned: The Vaccines. Elbow?

I guess that for the about 8-9 names for the Sagres stage we will get some Portugese names as well. 

• Upvote 1