NOS Alive 2018

Tremousse

19 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Any one think Jack white could play?

I think mad cool will get him and am. Nos alive getting 1 of the 2, most likely the monkeys. Hopefully I'm wrong and we have both too but as the days go on I'm feeling like if we had all those names mad cool had we would have announced more of them by now. Be shame to miss out on kasabian and nine inch nails too knowing they are available and not far away on the days.

11 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Any one think Jack white could play?

I think he could, at least fits within his touring schedule. It is expected he will play Mad Cool on Friday, together with Arctic Monkeys. I doubt whether NOS will will be able to get them both. My feeling says we get AM, but they might be too expensive and it will be Jack White after all. Don't know how big he is in Portugal - could he be a headliner?

3 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

I think he could, at least fits within his touring schedule. It is expected he will play Mad Cool on Friday, together with Arctic Monkeys. I doubt whether NOS will will be able to get them both. My feeling says we get AM, but they might be too expensive and it will be Jack White after all. Don't know how big he is in Portugal - could he be a headliner?

5 minutes ago, cc1989 said:

I think mad cool will get him and am. Nos alive getting 1 of the 2, most likely the monkeys. Hopefully I'm wrong and we have both too but as the days go on I'm feeling like if we had all those names mad cool had we would have announced more of them by now. Be shame to miss out on kasabian and nine inch nails too knowing they are available and not far away on the days.

Really want to see him but I won' be able to go Hammersmith for him :( I think nos and mad cool have done deals with a lot of bands. My dream would be they sub pearl jam but thats me being very wishful 

8 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Really want to see him but I won' be able to go Hammersmith for him :( I think nos and mad cool have done deals with a lot of bands. My dream would be they sub pearl jam but thats me being very wishful 

That would be great indeed! Still suspect a bigger act should be announced to play just before Pearl Jam. This could be Jack White, which would be too bad for (Portugese) people who don't have a ticket yet but want to see him. 

9 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Eels, that is just great! Another name for the Friday, really wondering what we get for the other days and on what stage Eels is going to play. May be some awful clashes for me on the Friday.

Bet they play in the tent right before or even against The National or QOTSA.

2 hours ago, StupidDream said:

NOS has just confirmed Eels, they indeed will play the Sagres stage (tent). Can't imagine it will be against The National, rather QotSA or Two Door Cinema Club. 

My delight at reading Eels are confirmed is dampened by the potential clashes.  If they are same time as TDCC I could live with that as I've seen TD a few times now.  I'm not missing The National or QOTSA though.  Suppose royal pain in the arse clashes are the sign of a decent line up. 

4 minutes ago, Zizzi86 said:

Hi everyone, Just wondered if there’s anyone on here going alone too?

Hi ! I'm not going alone, but last year we were two, and to go to the campsite is the best idea we've ever had. Some of my neighbours went alone, from different countries (Israel, Ukrain, Slovakia, England..) and we immediately became friends for the festival and even more (we're still in touch every week). So that's just to say that if you go alone, and that you camp, it will make your experience even better ;) 

2 minutes ago, Zizzi86 said:

That’s for her back to me Tremousse, unfortunately I panicked when the tickets started to sell out and booked an Airbnb :rolleyes:

Ahah OK It should still be fun, no worries, Portuguese people are very friendly ;) 

7 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

That's real mate, also confirmed there on the website : http://nosalive.com/noticias/

What a weird timing, so probably  an accident and now just going for it?

Can't hear me complaining! This is getting better by the day.

Edit: At least it looks like it is quickly dropped on the website. Only in Portugese so far and not fully finished. (Although now I see that in the English version no news was added after the PJ announcement...)

Edited by StupidDream

The insane thing is, my friends and me choosed to go to this festival next year more for the atmosphere than the line-up... What the fuck is actually happening... Franz Ferdinand - Jack White - Pearl Jam on the last day is mindblowing... The whole line-up is brilliant!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

The insane thing is, my friends and me choosed to go to this festival next year more for the atmosphere than the line-up... What the fuck is actually happening... Franz Ferdinand - Jack White - Pearl Jam on the last day is mindblowing... The whole line-up is brilliant!

Wait until you see the whole festivalground wrapped in fake-grass... to sit everywhere. (and there is even more)