NOS Alive 2018

Tremousse

14 minutes ago, menuiser said:

Hey, Tired the various different TM sites but no luck getting a 3 day tickets. anyone else have any leads on where might still be selling them? Cheers

I just kept checking the various ticketing partners listed on nos alive website. Norway ticketmaster kept changing as I was checking last night. Sadly I did notice when trying Google that a lot were appearing on viagogo. Sadly this means the touts caught on to the pearl jam effect and are exploiting the demand. C***s. That's them tapping into the European market now too then. With my recent experiences using the pearl jam ten club, was impressed at how well they keep the sale of spares in-house. Hope the various other methods slowly take on scalpers head on. The thought of overcharging people for a ticket where they may be already paying a lot on travel and Accom (more than usual) is a total joke. The line up for the fest is a small fraction of complete and yet these websites have opened a market where they front it as fair between buyers and sellers. BS

51 minutes ago, cc1989 said:

I just kept checking the various ticketing partners listed on nos alive website. Norway ticketmaster kept changing as I was checking last night. Sadly I did notice when trying Google that a lot were appearing on viagogo. Sadly this means the touts caught on to the pearl jam effect and are exploiting the demand. C***s. That's them tapping into the European market now too then. With my recent experiences using the pearl jam ten club, was impressed at how well they keep the sale of spares in-house. Hope the various other methods slowly take on scalpers head on. The thought of overcharging people for a ticket where they may be already paying a lot on travel and Accom (more than usual) is a total joke. The line up for the fest is a small fraction of complete and yet these websites have opened a market where they front it as fair between buyers and sellers. BS

Put an alert on twickets and they email or text if a ticket gets put up for sale. Always face value or less and your money is protected if the ticket doesn’t materialise. Used them a few times and they’re spot on . Agree with you re touts. Pathetic people see gigs and festivals as a way of making a quick buck. Good luck with getting tickets 

At this stage I’d say buy the two day ticket and see if you can pick up a Saturday one along the way. It’s no more expensive and if you end getting your hands on three day one you can still sell the two day one. If a lot of tickets have been bought up by touts hopefully there will be an artificial demand so you might be able to pick one up easily nearer the time or once you are there.

I love this line-up so far :) Not the best I've ever seen, but good festival acts every day :) + Rock gods closing the festival on main stage. It's going to be an EPIC week-end with the world cup final on the 15th. Maybe one or two rap/electro acts would be good to diversify the line-up ! The magical atmosphere of Lisbon will bring the X factor for a transcending experience !

6 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I love this line-up so far :) Not the best I've ever seen, but good festival acts every day :) + Rock gods closing the festival on main stage. It's going to be an EPIC week-end with the world cup final on the 15th. Maybe one or two rap/electro acts would be good to diversify the line-up ! The magical atmosphere of Lisbon will bring the X factor for a transcending experience !

Different strokes for different folks. 

Crossing NOS off the list for 2018, no to my taste at all tbh :)

Without trying to over analyse placing and fonts but surely (Without disrespecting them, honest) snow patrol can not be headlining this. With the quality of acts around that time, especially when you look at mad cool who share the dates and where they've placed them. Glad they are there as they would be perfect for a set whilst the sun comes down. Praying we can't rule out nine inch nails, Jack white or (begging for) arctic monkeys yet. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cc1989 said:

Without trying to over analyse placing and fonts but surely (Without disrespecting them, honest) snow patrol can not be headlining this. With the quality of acts around that time, especially when you look at mad cool who share the dates and where they've placed them. Glad they are there as they would be perfect for a set whilst the sun comes down. Praying we can't rule out nine inch nails, Jack white or (begging for) arctic monkeys yet. 

They aren't. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

I assume arctic monkeys will go above snow patrol, which makes it a very strong day already for me. Good chance NIN will still play Thursday or Friday. They would be epic in the tent

Arctics/Jack white co headline on the Friday and add kasabian, justice, nine inch nails and massive attack and that would complete my weekend. Too much to ask for. Just looking at the last time i went and the line up poster was headliner/coheadliner quality six lines down with everyone from radiohead down to biffy that year a worthy act on top of bills. Or may be I'm overlooking how different the marker is in Portugal for biffy, foals, tame impala etc. M83 ended up playing after arcade fire for example.

Screenshot_20171211-151759.jpg

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

that was one of the best line ups in recent years(especially because radiohead and arcade fire were so rare that year) it's incredibly hard to pull off something like this every time.

Still to this day the best line up I've ever seen. Gutted I couldn't go.

7 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

that was one of the best line ups in recent years(especially because radiohead and arcade fire were so rare that year) it's incredibly hard to pull off something like this every time.

I think they went all out for the 10th anniversary. Incredible to think pearl jam were supposed to play Thursday aswell but scrapped their European tour. 

5 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Exactly, and the line-ups take more importance when you look back in time; when I look back to Rock Werchter 2014, no festival currently is able to have such a line-up. We're already lucky to welcome to top acts like Pearl Jam, QOTSA or The National next year, and many other names are still coming

1 minute ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Still to this day the best line up I've ever seen. Gutted I couldn't go.

I went but didn't have the best of luck due to company i kept. The same mate couldn't handle the chemical brothers, was way too drunk for radiohead and on the last night lost his ticket between security and ticket inspection so got turfed out. So I seen first half of chems and radiohead them missed the majority of arcade fire after I learned he had climbed the wall and got caught. I went to resolve the situation and was forced to leave by association.  Goes without saying he wont be travelling with me this year!

3 hours ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

I assume arctic monkeys will go above snow patrol, which makes it a very strong day already for me. Good chance NIN will still play Thursday or Friday. They would be epic in the tent

I reckon if NIN were playing they would've been announced by now. They'd certainly be on the main stage anyway 

51 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I reckon if NIN were playing they would've been announced by now. They'd certainly be on the main stage anyway 

My thought about them not being announced yet is i think mad cool prob have some sort of exclusivity on announcements like maybe a few weeks before other bands like qotsa, real estate etc