V 2018 Festival Goers!

Last year my partner Tui and I cycled from London to Glastonbury via the Surrey Hills, the South Downs, the New Forest and the Jurassic Coast over 4 glorious sunny days.  It was a really relaxing, stress-free way to get there, a good way to enjoy the beauty of Southern England and meet new people and it was a great adventure!  Cycling is also so popular that I'm surprised the festivals aren't better set up to accommodate cyclists, though some do offer bicycle storage for the duration of the festival.

We will be cycling from London to one or both of next year's V in Weston Park and have decided to organise an all-in 2 or 3 day supported group tour from London to the gates of the festival, most likely taking in some combination of the Chilterns, the Cotswolds, and maybe even the Malverns or Shropshire Hills en route.

Want it to be super easy and fun so am planning to include accommodation (camping or B&B option), GPX navigation file or printed turn by turn directions of the route, ferry ticket to the Isle of Wight, van hire to transport our luggage and festival gear to our destination each day, on-road technical support for any bike issues, snacks, water and storage of bikes at the festival.

Would this be of interest?  If so I'd love to hear from you on here or email me on richard.wake@googlemail.com.  Keen to make it as useful as possible so any feedback or comments on the idea are welcome. And the bigger the group the better!

Cheers :)

Richard

20170619_124301.jpg

Not to put a dampener on plans but you might want to hold off planning too much until the 2018 festival is confirmed.  Lots of rumors about site moves and whether anything will happen at all.  

For the first time in years they haven't released the dates and tickets for next year a few weeks after the end of the festival.