Predictions for 2018

xxialac

Just an ok from me. Titus decent booking loved the monitor not been keen on much since. Nice to see josh t Pearson back would have been even better with lift to experience. Return of billy childish is good it’s been a long time. Return of Jonathan Wilson. Was hoping for some late night big top booking more electronic. Dan Deacon next year maybe, 

11 hours ago, Fast Drones said:

I agree that the place to start with Titus Andronicus is the greatest album ever released, The Monitor.

I thought that Ocean Rain was the greatest album ever made. At least Ian McCulloch thinks so!

9 minutes ago, shoebox said:

You do realise I was taking the piss, right?

Yes, but I thought the base of the joke was that getting Titus Andronicus from that tweet was a stretch so that’s why I brought it back up. I’m just mucking about anyway.

13 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Ah you're right I completely forgot they did it in 2009. But that was before The Monitor tho so does it even really count.

Yeah I don’t really believe anyone was in the crowd to confirm their appearance.

Edited by dentalplan

I just wonder if Titus are doing the acoustic show, they're not even written about in the story version of the announcement: http://endoftheroadfestival.com/2018/03/josh-t-pearson-wild-billy-childish-ctmf-lucy-dacus-added-2018-line/

That said, it does also claim of Billy Childish "This will be his first ever appearance"  So who was that I saw in the Big Top in 2008?

Just now, SweepingTheNation said:

I just wonder if Titus are doing the acoustic show, they're not even written about in the story version of the announcement: http://endoftheroadfestival.com/2018/03/josh-t-pearson-wild-billy-childish-ctmf-lucy-dacus-added-2018-line/

That said, it does also claim of Billy Childish "This will be his first ever appearance"  So who was that I saw in the Big Top in 2008?

Ha! They've really messed up in a few of their communications this year. Claims that St Vincent and Yo La Tengo have never headlined before are the ones that have got me.

2 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Yes I watched Billy in 2008 . Who can ever forget that fantastic moustache. 

1 hour ago, RustySpanner said:

Yes, she is bringing the full band.

Excellent. I saw them at the Crofters Rights in Bristol with about 10 other people, having seen her solo at EOTR. They're a good band and I hope they stick them on the Garden Stage this time.

1 hour ago, 5co77ie said:

I was really hoping for Mary Gauthier - Rifles and Rosary Beads is amazing - is the line-up full now?

They've said "more to come." Can't imagine there'll be more than 15/20 acts announced. Probably comedy + literature is mainly what's remaining.

St Vincent is bringing back her band for festival season: 

“I am mounting another version of the ‘MASSEDUCTION’ tour, but with a band this time,” she told Matt Wilkinson on his Beats 1 show. “We’re headed into festival season, and I had such a good time doing the solo theatrical show – but now it’s time to do a rock show.” - NME

Personally very happy as I saw her in Brixton and did not care for it at all. I've heard great things about her live show with a band though so this should be great

• Upvote 1

I see Childhood have been removed from the lineup. Bit of a shame as their poppy, funky, sunny thing was a nice counterpoint to swathes of melancholy singer-songwriters/noise merchants/bands with 'worm' in the title. Ach well.

On 22/03/2018 at 1:24 PM, The Nal said:

I'll lay you good money it ain't going to happen. Pints on me, of course, if it does.