Predictions for 2018

xxialac

42 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I say you're clutching straws but the hint last time was Yo la Tengo, I've heard good things about Titus but never listened, where's a good place to start? it's a good thing Car Seat Headrest isn't playing this year after their twitter scrap

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

I say you're clutching straws but the hint last time was Yo la Tengo, I've heard good things about Titus but never listened, where's a good place to start? it's a good thing Car Seat Headrest isn't playing this year after their twitter scrap

Maybe so. I wouldn't have thought anything of the tweet if it wasn't for there being a Yo La Tengo hint last time.

The Monitor is probably the best place to start. I think it's where most of their current fans started. There's a chance the set will be completely different as the new album they put out the other day is quite far from that musically, but regardless I'd recommend checking out The Monitor.

Edited by dentalplan

43 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe so. I wouldn't have thought anything of the tweet if it wasn't for there being a Yo La Tengo hint last time.

The Monitor is probably the best place to start. I think it's where most of their current fans started. There's a chance the set will be completely different as the new album they put out the other day is quite far from that musically, but regardless I'd recommend checking out The Monitor.

Yeah just listened to the new album and compared to the other albums it's a lot more barn dancey 

48 minutes ago, GeorgeDawes said:

Earlier this week the EOTR Instagram posted a story commenting how good the new issue of Loud and Quiet magazine looked. The Cover star this month? David Byrne. Could he make a return?

subbing St Vincent? I personally think that David Byrne is still big enough to headline EOTR but it isn't impossible. It is probably more of a case of EOTR supporting L&Q who have supported each other in the past if I'm correct

10 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

subbing St Vincent? I personally think that David Byrne is still big enough to headline EOTR but it isn't impossible. It is probably more of a case of EOTR supporting L&Q who have supported each other in the past if I'm correct

yeah it's just because they're media partners... DB won't play - especially as he headlined with St Vincent a few years ago.

Don't fuckin tease me like this @dentalplan. To my knowledge they've never played a proper UK festival (though they've done Primavera in Spain a bunch of times) but if anyone were to get them it'd be EotR. And I am expecting a big tour for this year to be announced any day now. I'm not really convinced that's a hint but fuck me it'd be a perfect booking

Can’t wait for this announcement... there’s enough in the first wave to excite me, all it needs is 2 or 3 more decent acts (such as previous suggestions Nils Frahm, Titus Andronicus, Dirty Projectors) plus a couple of other late night acts in Big Top to dance to (Dan Deacon please) and it will be the best line - up I’ve seen for EOTR.

New Line Up Additions:

Josh T. Pearson
Wild Billy Childish & CTMF
Titus Andronicus
Jonathan Wilson
Lucy Dacus
Shannon and the Clams
Stealing Sheep
The Limiñanas
Warmduscher
Soccer Mommy
Cut Worms
Haley Heynderickx
Josienne Clarke and Ben Walker
The Orielles
Warhaus
Saba Lou
Honey Harper
Plastic Mermaids
Zulu Zulu
Boy Azooga

7 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

YOOOOOOOO they actually went and fuckin booked titus andronicus for their first ever UK festival appearance. Long live End of the Road the best UK festival forever. God bless us everyone.

(also who's good out of the rest of them? I'm clueless)

TITUS!!

A great booking.

Jonathan Wilson, Lucy Dacus, Soccer Mommy all good IMO. Not sure about rest but suspect there’s a few gems in there as usual 

http://motifri.com/patrick-stickles/

RD:Festival season is steadily approaching so after this current tour, what does Titus Andronicus have planned next? Is the band going to be jumping on some festivals this summer?

PS: We’re not playing any festivals at all, haven’t gotten any invitations.

RD: That’s a bummer.

PS: Eh, well it would be nice to have the pay day from those things, but the truth is we’re doing the acoustic show this year with just myself and Alex Molini on piano. In this case, it wouldn’t be appropriate for a big outdoor summertime festival. I will say that we’re playing the Treefort Music Fest in Boise, Idaho, later in the month but that’s not a big outdoor thing with a big stage. It’s more like a SXSW kind of a thing where the festival takes over all the clubs in town and puts on shows every night, which I think is more appropriate for the acoustic show that we’re going to be doing. I’m not mad though, we’ve gotten to play some big festivals in the past so I can scratch that off the list. I’m not lamenting it too much although the money would be nice.

13 hours ago, shoebox said:

If we're clutching at straws from random collections of words in tweets then this clearly references This Is Happening

And the latest one is a reference to All My Friends and therefore LCD Soundsystem are definitely playing.

Pleased they announced LCD Soundsystem. ;)

45 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

YOOOOOOOO they actually went and fuckin booked titus andronicus for their first ever UK festival appearance. Long live End of the Road the best UK festival forever. God bless us everyone.

(also who's good out of the rest of them? I'm clueless)

Pretty sure they played Reading many moons ago. Probably more, without checking.

8 minutes ago, glasshousebill said:

http://motifri.com/patrick-stickles/

RD:Festival season is steadily approaching so after this current tour, what does Titus Andronicus have planned next? Is the band going to be jumping on some festivals this summer?

PS: We’re not playing any festivals at all, haven’t gotten any invitations.

RD: That’s a bummer.

PS: Eh, well it would be nice to have the pay day from those things, but the truth is we’re doing the acoustic show this year with just myself and Alex Molini on piano. In this case, it wouldn’t be appropriate for a big outdoor summertime festival. I will say that we’re playing the Treefort Music Fest in Boise, Idaho, later in the month but that’s not a big outdoor thing with a big stage. It’s more like a SXSW kind of a thing where the festival takes over all the clubs in town and puts on shows every night, which I think is more appropriate for the acoustic show that we’re going to be doing. I’m not mad though, we’ve gotten to play some big festivals in the past so I can scratch that off the list. I’m not lamenting it too much although the money would be nice.

Odd - I guess you can count on the tru patricians at End of the Road to be the ones to reach out. I hope this doesn't mean we're just getting the acoustic show because I'm not massively enthused by the prospect, had assumed once the current tour ends in April they'd be back on it with the full band. Band show on Woods with an acoustic Piano Stage show tho, that'd be the stuff. Might tweet at Pat and ask later on as he usually replies to stuff.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Pretty sure they played Reading many moons ago. Probably more, without checking.

Ah you're right I completely forgot they did it in 2009. But that was before The Monitor tho so does it even really count.

Edited by Mash011