Justice out, Soulwax in!

DJ Cull

5 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

"production and technical issues" is such a frustrating excuse. 

I'd been wondering ever since they announced the lineup how they'd get all of the Justice set up off the stage and PSB on in a standard changeover time. It never seemed feasible to me, it's just a shame it's taken them so long to work it out 

I'd be pissed off but I've got tickets for Justice's own show later this month anyway. I saw Soulwax on tour earlier this year and they were, of course, brilliant, and I'm very happy to see them again. (It'll be even better if they play a different set from their tour show, though that seems unlikely given the nature of their live sets.)

1 hour ago, smogo said:

I'd be pissed off but I've got tickets for Justice's own show later this month anyway. I saw Soulwax on tour earlier this year and they were, of course, brilliant, and I'm very happy to see them again. (It'll be even better if they play a different set from their tour show, though that seems unlikely given the nature of their live sets.)

Yeah, they did basically the exact same set at Blue Dot as they did in Manchester a few months before 

• 4 weeks later...

Having seen Justice at the Brixton Academy last night, I'm not at all surprised that they couldn't make it work at Bestival, not with Pet Shop Boys' stuff set up at the same time anyway. They've got the most technically intricate light show I've ever seen. Think Kanye's movable rig from Glastonbury, but split into several sections that fly all around the stage and do pretty much anything you can dream of. It was like magic.

19 hours ago, smogo said:

Having seen Justice at the Brixton Academy last night, I'm not at all surprised that they couldn't make it work at Bestival, not with Pet Shop Boys' stuff set up at the same time anyway. They've got the most technically intricate light show I've ever seen. Think Kanye's movable rig from Glastonbury, but split into several sections that fly all around the stage and do pretty much anything you can dream of. It was like magic.

Which begs the question why did they get booked on the same evening? Very odd, surely Bestival knew the staging spec long before the week before the festival?