Tramlines 2018

deejayone

22 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Whilst I admire that for once a beer has been marketed as 'session' when it is actually a sessionable strenght, 3.8% will not interest me, hoping for a 5.5+% IPA

There will be stronger beers to suit all tastes in the ale tent.

2 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Ooooo wasn't aware there was a tram strike, that's annoying, what's the best way/cheapist way to get out to the festival site without trams then?

They’re supposed to be using a reduced tram service and replacement busses. Also plenty of busses go past Hillsborough to get to the city centre. 

If you are feeling energetic probably about a 45-60 minute walk 

8 hours ago, JBarbour said:

It was really great this year. Managed to do a bit of the fringe on Friday evening and late on Saturday. Nice to see it hasn't made the city any quieter as well.

See where they take it next year. Think it will be a different beast next year. 

As in a bigger, “better” line up ?

Only went to the fringe this year, sold our weekend tickets to a friend cause we needed the cash! But seems like it’s been a massive success, which is great. And, was nice to see how they honoured Sarah. Such a wonderful lady, very sad news. But I think she would be thrilled with this year’s festival, such a positive thing for the city. 

Was a bit disappointed with it really, felt it had lost a lot of its identify by all being crowded into one site. Didn't help that the lineup this year didn't align with my tastes, last year we saw roughly 6 bands a day, this year we saw about 3. £6 for the only decent beer on site wasn't great either, combined with the cost of trekking from Bristol to Sheffield and accommodation costs I think I will be giving this a miss next year unless the lineup is top notch.