Tramlines 2018

deejayone

43 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's still v. good value if you like the bands (even just a few of em). As the festival's line up on the whole goes; it's casting aside the variety it used to have and just morphing into something reminiscent of Y Not and Truck and that sorta thing.

But what's a festival to do? I think they have sold more tickets than any of their previous years (or close to it). Tramlines may of only been in the black for one festival out of nine.

Diverse line ups don't sell well. The masses want mass appear bands. Look at the festivals that are selling out, maybe with the exception of boomtown (that is probably the most mainstream it's ever been this year). 

Book a strong, middle of the road line up or die?

48 minutes ago, Samjones said:

True but that’s going to happen now it’s owned by the same company as the like of ynot and truck

Not quite owned by them yet. Still very much indie with a splash of cash from Global at the moment. 

17 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

But what's a festival to do? I think they have sold more tickets than any of their previous years (or close to it). Tramlines may of only been in the black for one festival out of nine.

Diverse line ups don't sell well. The masses want mass appear bands. Look at the festivals that are selling out, maybe with the exception of boomtown (that is probably the most mainstream it's ever been this year). 

Book a strong, middle of the road line up or die?

I understand it. I'm just offering a view of why it's not always just about the value offered by the cheaper ticket prices. It's gonna alienate the few but announce itself to the many, which is how these things work as you say.

Just now, Samjones said:

@JBarbour hey can you reveal the splits please? Thank you very much 

Efestivals has them from the press release. Without digging through all my emails (because I CBA at the min) ones I remember...

Bang Bang Romeo - Saturday 
DMA's - Saturday (thats if the info I got is right, maybe announced later as just announced a tour) 
Jake Bugg - Sunday

56 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Yeah, it's just another run of the mill boring festival now. They used to get a few decent Post Hardcore, Metal and Math Rock acts (I think the stage was run by ATG after Corp fucked them over that one year) but now its indie landfill. I miss it when you knew for a fact that Rolo Tomassi were going to play somewhere but they haven't been booked in ages. Though there does appear to be some funding for some of the other stuff. This stage only ran for the day last year but it was £2 entry.Don't know why I didn't go down for it in the end. Think it was a combo of having to spend more on a train (though I'm still local), having to deal with Sheff during Tramlines and no one wanting to go.  Hope they do the same this year and get some like ASWIYFA or Rolo Tomassi. Would certainly get me down there :P 

I suppose that's like three miles away from the festival now though. Probably wouldn't be beneficial to attract people to the centre while it's on anymore. :P

Well this announcement gives me the first band on the lineup I can truelly get excited for, coincidentally just got back from their Bristol gig, Everything Everything always put on a cracking gig and whilst I was not totally convinced by the new material on the record, live those songs sound awesome! More than happy to see them again and  when you throw is Mystery Jets, Pale Waves and De La Soul, I’ve got my £40 ticket prices worth in a weekend fo’sure, bring it on! B)

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Samjones said:

Anyone know who’s headlining the leadmill stage on the Friday and Sunday and who’s headlining the second stage on the Friday ?

I think the headliners we know about so far are:

Main Fri - Stereophonic

Main Sat - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Main Sun - Craig David’s TS5

Stage 2 Sat - Clean Bandit.

Leadmill Stage Fri - Mystery Jets

Leadmill Stage Sat - Rat Boy

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

I think the headliners we know about so far are:

Main Fri - Stereophonic

Main Sat - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Main Sun - Craig David’s TS5

Stage 2 Sat - Clean Bandit.

Leadmill Stage Fri - Mystery Jets

Leadmill Stage Sat - Rat Boy

Shed seven are headlining the second stage on the Sunday as well

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

Shed seven are headlining the second stage on the Sunday as well

No mention of them headlining in the press release. Unless confirmed on Twitter?

"Influential live outfit Shed Seven will play Stage 2 on Sunday and will demonstrate just why they helped shape the sound of Britpop in the 90’s. Just last year, the York outfit continued to lead from the front with their Top 10 album ‘Instant Pleasures’, which mixed melancholy with uplifting albums to great acclaim."

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

No mention of them headlining in the press release. Unless confirmed on Twitter?

"Influential live outfit Shed Seven will play Stage 2 on Sunday and will demonstrate just why they helped shape the sound of Britpop in the 90’s. Just last year, the York outfit continued to lead from the front with their Top 10 album ‘Instant Pleasures’, which mixed melancholy with uplifting albums to great acclaim."

You’ve just answered your own question right?

On 24/03/2018 at 5:03 PM, Samjones said:

You’ve just answered your own question right?

No I'm asking if anyone seen it confirmed they headlining the stage, such as on twitter or elsewhere. 

As nowhere on the press release does it say they are headlining the stage, just says playing. Clean Bandit, Mystery Jets etc are marked as headliners on the last release. 

29 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

No I'm asking if anyone seen it confirmed they headlining the stage, such as on twitter or elsewhere. 

As nowhere on the press release does it say they are headlining the stage, just says playing. Clean Bandit, Mystery Jets etc are marked as headliners on the last release. 

They’re deffo playing Sunday and I’m sure I read or saw somewhere that they’re headlining the second stage

8215CCE9-1549-44CB-B712-57271E8C4554.png

8571CE25-811C-4929-9E3F-CE6C4CD05A24.png

42 minutes ago, Samjones said:

61B73FED-C0CC-4DB3-8730-FB4B5EE8D673.png

I knew all this. I get the press releases :P

I'm just saying nowhere on the releases does it say they headlining the stage. Just says the day they playing. Doesn't mean there aren't stage 2 headlines, it's just not been stated anywhere they headlining I don't think. 

17 hours ago, JBarbour said:

I knew all this. I get the press releases :P

I'm just saying nowhere on the releases does it say they headlining the stage. Just says the day they playing. Doesn't mean there aren't stage 2 headlines, it's just not been stated anywhere they headlining I don't think. 

could bastille make an appearance

• Downvote 1