Tramlines 2018

deejayone

10 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Just saying two :P 

I’ll take it as two of them being there then, I guess there could be more but you’re saying only two of those are the past “headliner” size while others aren’t etc. Either way I’m looking forward to see who is added

1 minute ago, Samjones said:

@JBarbouralso do you receive any information about ynot or not?

Yes. Tramlines, Y Not, Victorious, Boomtown, FN6 are the main festivals I cover.

Although Y Not has changed their PR team this year and they not half as good as they have been in the past. Shite actually. 

3 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Yes. Tramlines, Y Not, Victorious, Boomtown, FN6 are the main festivals I cover.

Although Y Not has changed their PR team this year and they not half as good as they have been in the past. Shite actually. 

Ah right I personally wouldn’t say I’ve noticed any difference in their announcement methods but hey, do you know who ynot are announcing tomorrow then? :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Ah right I personally wouldn’t say I’ve noticed any difference in their announcement methods but hey, do you know who ynot are announcing tomorrow then? :rolleyes:

No embargo for that. For the first announcement, they didn't send an embargo out at all because of the leaks last year. The release arrived in inboxes about a minute after the poster dropped. 

Most embargoes only get a few hours before the announcements. Some can get up to 24 hours, or on Friday if an announcement coming Monday. 

Tramlines I know a little bit more from time to time for other reasons. 

Edited by JBarbour

1 minute ago, Samjones said:

Cool, good additions in your opinion then?

Strong second announcement. Like I said some of these acts would have been headlining Tramlines a few years ago. Def stepped up, strongest undercard I've seen for Tramlines. A mix of established acts and some newbies / up and comers. 

Some people have got an absolute bargain if they bought tickets in early releases.  

5 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Strong second announcement. Like I said some of these acts would have been headlining Tramlines a few years ago. Def stepped up, strongest undercard I've seen for Tramlines. A mix of established acts and some newbies / up and comers. 

Some people have got an absolute bargain if they bought tickets in early releases.  

I got mine torn £35! Have all of the sub headliners been announced prior to today?

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

Any of the established acts returning acts or are they tramlines first timers? Even though there's only 10 minutes left :lol:

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's still v. good value if you like the bands (even just a few of em). As the festival's line up on the whole goes; it's casting aside the variety it used to have and just morphing into something reminiscent of Y Not and Truck and that sorta thing.

True but that’s going to happen now it’s owned by the same company as the like of ynot and truck

11 minutes ago, Samjones said:

True but that’s going to happen now it’s owned by the same company as the like of ynot and truck

Yep. Doesn't do them any favours that the font is the same on all of 'em too. I think if someone covered up the festival name and info on each poster I wouldn't be able to point out which one's which. :lol:

1 hour ago, moams said:

Not bad

DXihCg3X0AABSdu.png-large.png

Not bad for what it is but not even bothered by it at all. I miss the variety it had in previous years. Oh well, hope they still kind of fund the stage that ATG helps run (I think so anyway). Wasn't included in the ticket last year but it was £2 for a banging line up.

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's still v. good value if you like the bands (even just a few of em). As the festival's line up on the whole goes; it's casting aside the variety it used to have and just morphing into something reminiscent of Y Not and Truck and that sorta thing.

Yeah, it's just another run of the mill boring festival now. They used to get a few decent Post Hardcore, Metal and Math Rock acts (I think the stage was run by ATG after Corp fucked them over that one year) but now its indie landfill. I miss it when you knew for a fact that Rolo Tomassi were going to play somewhere but they haven't been booked in ages. Though there does appear to be some funding for some of the other stuff. This stage only ran for the day last year but it was £2 entry.Don't know why I didn't go down for it in the end. Think it was a combo of having to spend more on a train (though I'm still local), having to deal with Sheff during Tramlines and no one wanting to go.  Hope they do the same this year and get some like ASWIYFA or Rolo Tomassi. Would certainly get me down there :P 

Image result for tramlines oathbreaker

Ads by Kiosked

Edited by justanothername