Tramlines 2018

deejayone

9 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Do you know stuff or just warning him?

However... there's still lots to be announced and itd be naive to write it off without knowing further info 'RE lineup/ placements/ stages and day splits.

Edited by Hawky

48 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Wait until the full line-up is out before saying That, rookie mistake :ph34r:

Yeah guess your right, I’m hoping the headliners of the other stages aren’t on that announcement so I’ll have someone to see last thing each night (other than Craigy D, I’ll be all o er that of course).

Very happy with that. Shame Chic aren't there though.

Been wanting catch Noel and Stereophonics at a festival.  I like Jake Bugg as well (despite him being disliked on this forum). Blossoms are a bit overrated imo but do have a couple of tunes. Lots of good up and coming bands on the undercard as well.

For £30 it is outstanding. More to be added to line up as well and hopefully a few good comics.

57 minutes ago, Samjones said:

And why shouldn’t it, for the price it is very decent, my only issue is that it currently lacks much diversity so hopefuly that will change 

Diversity in terms of music genre? Its got a decent range in my opinion. Mixture of rock and RnB/hip hop. Just as diverse as previous Tramlines line ups. 

Edited by CRW5252

26 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

Could AM be doing an outdoor show at Hillsborough around the time of Tramlines? Using the same stage/setup but billing it as a separate event? 

I suspect that the current gap in AM's tour between 13th Jul - 8th Aug will be for a run of dates in the US. 

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that'd be a bit cheeky to 'nick' their infrastructure if tramlines had asked them to play and they'd turned the down (which supposedly happened).

22 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

*did :P

If that has happened then which headliner are we saying was bought in to replace them? Assuming it was Craig David

2 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

They were never confirmed, so cant be "replaced" 

be the same as saying Fall Out Boy replaced Foo Fighters at Reading/Leeds

Replaced was probably the wrong wording. I was going in the assumption they probably only asked Craig David due to being snubbed by Arctics but true, the only difference being Craig David is probably the right size to headline Tramlines buy Fall Out Boy is no way big enough to headline Leeds/Reading outright. 

6 minutes ago, moams said:

@JBarbour Do you know if they are having the after parties again like last year?

The last time I spoke to them about that they said they were still sorting that out (if I've remembered correctly).

I'd guess the "official" afterparty will be Leadmill. Details will prob come with the next batch of acts. 

Not forgetting they are trying to become more about a one site festival rather than scattered around the city. Making it more attractive for Global to buy! :P

Edited by JBarbour
  • Like 1