Tramlines 2018

deejayone

15 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

This made me laugh

True though init?

Possibly the most talked about band on the planet right now, is not going to play a small > medium sized festival in Sheffield, where tickets cost £30 FOR THE WEEKEND. 

The festival increasing capacity is just progression, and the fact that this is happening on their 10th year is most likely just a coincidence. 

Yes, they're from Sheffield. Yes, they're active. Yes, they normally come back to the UK with a homecoming show. Yes, Matt Helders launched the festival and did so by flying back from America (and continued to endorse it). Yes, there are rumours out there. 

BUT IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM FEASIBLE. 

Edited by Hawky

8 minutes ago, Hawky said:

True though init?

Possibly the most talked about band on the planet right now, is not going to play a small > medium sized festival in Sheffield, where tickets cost £30 FOR THE WEEKEND. 

The festival increasing capacity is just progression, and the fact that this is happening on their 10th year is most likely just a coincidence. 

Yes, they're from Sheffield. Yes, they're active. Yes, they normally come back to the UK with a homecoming show. Yes, Matt Helders launched the festival and did so by flying back from America (and continued to endorse it). Yes, there are rumours out there. 

Haha everything you say is true, it’s not impossible, but it’s also incredibly unlikely. I’m still going to get a ticket when more are released, but that’s because I have friends in Sheffield and it’s a good reason to go visit :)

9 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Haha everything you say is true, it’s not impossible, but it’s also incredibly unlikely. I’m still going to get a ticket when more are released, but that’s because I have friends in Sheffield and it’s a good reason to go visit :)

And some people say im sceptical... :ph34r:

Tbf, the rumour has made me look at the festival and it's previous line up and say "Why haven't I been here before?" I'm from Leeds and it's £30 a weekend.

Edited by Hawky

13 hours ago, Hawky said:

True though init?

It wouldn't have to be feasible, AM could well just play if for a number of reason; Helders is part of tramlines, its the biggest venue in their hometown, its the 10th anniversary, the festival helped them get to where they are so they may just play it out of goodwill rather than asking for their normal fee.

3 hours ago, AM0114 said:

Helders is part of tramlines

Helders was there for the launch. He's not a shareholder or anything like that, so not really part of it. 

3 hours ago, AM0114 said:

its the biggest venue in their hometown, may just play it out of goodwill rather than asking for their normal fee.

Could just as easily play Dearne valley again. Charge more. Earn more

Edited by JBarbour

40 minutes ago, craigb said:

Could just as easily play Dearne valley again. Charge more. Earn more.  

Doubt it as Don valleys maximum capacity is 20,000 so why would they not play a 50,000 venue where possible and i doubt money is exactly an issue.

4 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

Doubt it as Don valleys maximum capacity is 20,000 so why would they not play a 50,000 venue where possible and i doubt money is exactly an issue.

Yes 50,000 and 20,000 but Tramlines has 3 headliners and 3 days of undercard to find at £30 to £45 a ticket. Whereas AM could charge £60 a ticket at their own gig. Yes, it's not always about money but we'll see soon! 

16 minutes ago, craigb said:

Yes 50,000 and 20,000 but Tramlines has 3 headliners and 3 days of undercard to find at £30 to £45 a ticket. Whereas AM could charge £60 a ticket at their own gig. Yes, it's not always about money but we'll see soon! 

true, maybe im just blindly hoping

26 minutes ago, craigb said:

As I say, it depends who wants the homecoming show more AM or Tramlines.

If AM's management contacted Tramlines and said we want to play, they'll play. 

Tramlines must have a reason to increase capacity, would last year's lineup sell 40,000 - 50,000 tickets? No (Latitude festival's capacity is 40,000 and their lineup is much bigger)

Plus, for all we know ticket price might increase to £60 for the weekend at general release. 

Historically, barring their Glasto headline spot, they've returned to the UK with a shoe in Sheffield every tour since 2007. Is that a coincidence?

12 minutes ago, Hawky said:

As I say, it depends who wants the homecoming show more AM or Tramlines.

If AM's management contacted Tramlines and said we want to play, they'll play. 

Tramlines must have a reason to increase capacity, would last year's lineup sell 40,000 - 50,000 tickets? No (Latitude festival's capacity is 40,000 and their lineup is much bigger)

Plus, for all we know ticket price might increase to £60 for the weekend at general release. 

Historically, barring their Glasto headline spot, they've returned to the UK with a shoe in Sheffield every tour since 2007. Is that a coincidence?

Even £60 for a day ticket to see AM would still be kinda cheap, let alone a whole weekend ticket.

1 hour ago, Hawky said:

Some shareholders have changed over the years from local bar and venue owners to festie people such as ex Count Of Ten peoples (Y Not founders). Been a big shift in shares fairly recently as well. 

One of the directors said a number of years ago this was always the plan to change to a full-blown paid festival. 

Tramlines have made a profit only once I think. More control over a single venue and a move away from the free aspects that potentially take away from their profits may be the move they need.  

Edited by JBarbour

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Even £60 for a day ticket to see AM would still be kinda cheap, let alone a whole weekend ticket.

Im not saying its not, but if theyre playing Tramlines theyre not charging their usual fee therefore you'd expect it to be cheaper

14 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

Either way the size of the headliners this year will surely increase due to the capacity going up to 50,000 . Can anyone suggest any acts people think could headline this year?

Stereophonics, The Prodigy, Snow Patrol, Noel Gallagher, Pulp/Jarvis Cocker :ph34r:

Edited by JBarbour