Open'er 2018

gregory

Hello there everyone. My two friends and I are going to Open'er for the first time this year and we would like some advice. I have some simple questions if anyone can help. 

We are going to camp. Are there any shaded areas on the campsite, where our tents will be cooler?

Can we take beer into the campsite or are there bars there?

About beer. What is the pricing like? Is there one standard price in the whole festival? And what is it, approx? Or do the different beer stalls have their own prices?

And food. What kind of prices can we expect?

Are there any charging points for telephones, tablets, etc?

And what about showers and toilets? Best to be avoided or well maintained and clean?

Do the beaches get crowded?

The no drugs policy. Are there police check points and sniffer dogs at the entrances to the camping and to the festival?

And is Bruno Mars really going to be the headliner on Saturday night? :wacko:

Edited by Tempotempotempo
  • Downvote 1

That's a lot of questions to be answered...

1. There are no shaded areas on the campsite (only a few trees, which are always fastly occupied).

2. You can take beer into the campsite, but only the ones of a specific brand - ŻYWIEC (desperados, żywiec, heineken, warka). There are no bars, only 2 provisional grocecry stores (with beer, bread, milk, fruits, etc.).
3. There is one standard price for Heineken (PLN 8), but there are also other beers on the festival area (żywiec APA, żywiec Biały) which are a little bit more expensive.
4. There are so many different types of food that it is hard to say what are the prcies, but I'd say it's something from PLN 12 to PLN 40.
5. There are charging points on the campsite, but only 2 or 3 and they are always occupied.
6. Toilets and showers are quite clean, I have an impression that it's getting better and better every year.
7. Beaches are crowded, but you will find a place with no problems (I recommend the beach on Babie Doły, which is around 15 minutes on foot from the festival).
8. There is no police at the entrances to the camping or to the festival, but there are security guards, who very often search through bags when entering the festival campsite.
9. Unfortunately, he is. But regarding the Saturday-pop tradition, he seems to be a good choice and it could have been much worse than that ;).

5. a lot of people brings multiplugs to charge the phones in campsite and it's a great idea, I recommend to do that too. 

7. Toalets and showers are usually in great conditions. Cold showers are free but you can buy cupon for few pln for warm private showers and it's worth it!

21 minutes ago, Tempotempotempo said:

Great info, guys, thanks very much. My friend is panicking because you said there are no bars in the camping zone. I told him that the festival territory will probably be open 24 hours with beer and food stalls open 24 hours. Am I mistaken?

Yeah, food stalls are open 24 hours and they have cold beer, so no worries about that ;)

On 4/14/2018 at 11:47 AM, Tempotempotempo said:

Great info, guys, thanks very much. My friend is panicking because you said there are no bars in the camping zone. I told him that the festival territory will probably be open 24 hours with beer and food stalls open 24 hours. Am I mistaken?

Festival area is closed until like 3-4pm, but campsite has beer and food stalls opened 24hours. But usualy people go eat to the Gdynia, Gdansk or other towns during the day. 

38 minutes ago, Patryk said:

Hi everyone! 

Do you think there’s any chance that Anne Marie or The Chainsmokers are coming to Open’er Festival this year? And when can we expect new announcements? 

The Chainsmokers are only possible on 4th July (judging by their website) and as I can see Anne Marie is playing only Rock Werchter during Open'er weekend, so she's quite probable.

Next announcements? No one knows :) But I bet on tomorrow or next Thursday.

28 minutes ago, Patryk said:

Who else do you guys think could come? 

The acts from my wishlist who are available during open'er: Leon Bridges, Anderson Paak, Rival Sons, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Iggy Pop, Soulwax, Interpol, Noel Gallagher, Metronomy.

Other possibilities: St. Vincent, James Bay, Post Malone, khalid, Snow Patrol, and probably many other names.

Edited by mln

14 minutes ago, Patryk said:

Do you think any pop artists will be announced?

I guess they will be announced, but I won't give You any names as I'm not really interested in these. Take a look at other european festivals (roskilde, rock werchter, fib benicassim) to check which pop artists are touring around Open'er :)

2 hours ago, mln said:

The acts from my wishlist who are available during open'er: Leon Bridges, Anderson Paak, Rival Sons, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Iggy Pop, Soulwax, Interpol, Noel Gallagher, Metronomy.

Other possibilities: St. Vincent, James Bay, Post Malone, khalid, Snow Patrol, and probably many other names.

I think Liam Gallagher os more possible than Noel. He has free term on 04.07 or 06 and he is in Europe

6 minutes ago, gregory said:

No announcement today then by the looks of it :( 

10 weeks to go and only 30 acts announced. 

Last time you wrote 'see you in 3 weeks' and I treated it as a joke. It turns out you were right :(

20 minutes ago, gregory said:

Main Stage looks a bit shit when on a poster like that hey.

Oh, I didn't notice that you sorted all artist by stages. Yeah, I expect at least 1 name of Massive Attack/Nick Cave size, but it probably won't happen. Tent Stage and Alter Stage look surprisingly good on the poster though.

It seems we had more artist in general, but less international acts than this year. I guess we just have to get used to Open'er's way of announcements because it looks almost the same each year. Although, what surprises me is that they only announced 2 Polish acts. I remember they were doing this 'All Polish-artists week' previous years, so it's quite strange.