Open'er 2018

gregory

18 minutes ago, gregory said:

They liked the post with the tour dates, but the tour dates don't include open'er, unless I'm confused. Anyway, either way there a big gap for them to play open'er and RW

Yeah, but the post says that they are very probable in Poland after Berlin date (I hope they translated the post, not only liked the image).

20 minutes ago, gregory said:

Image may contain: 9 people

Obviously some kind of 'buy Massive Attack get Young Fathers free' / 'buy Gorillaz get 3 free' deal going on this year lol. Still expecting Vince Staples too

Nothing really interesting for me, but it definitely could have been worse. Hopefully, we won't wait another 2 weeks for the next artists.

26 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Glass animals and Kali Uchis sounds pretty good on first listen. Not into the other ones I'm afraid. 

Will there be more semi-big acts announced you reckon? Or will the announcements be like today from now on?

Yeah should still be some big-ish stuff to come I imagine, hopefully mainstage acts the size of Nick Cave & Massive Attack for the other 2 days, still lots of slots to fill. 

14 minutes ago, gregory said:

Think it's more likely they are hardcore and don't give a dang about following the usual embargo, would be great though. 

What stage you think they'll be on, Tent or Alter? 

I'd say Alter, like Swans or Thurston Moore a few years ago.

Interesting fact - The Rolling Stones are playing (99%) on 7th July in Poland. I wonder how it will affect Open'er. I bet we will get very pop-rap line-up on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, mln said:

In fact, there are so many good acts around Open'er that it would be a real shame if we don't get at least some of them. We have 18 foreign acts now, which leaves us with around 10-15 to be announced (excluding Beat Stage).

I agree. Many acts seem to have a hole in their schedule around the Opener dates so hopefully there will be a few nice additions. Personally I'm hoping for Interpol, Wolf Alice, Goldfrapp and one of the Gallaghers. Plenty other nice bands around as well:)