Open'er 2018

gregory

8 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Same headliner as InMusic? 

I was thinking the same.

Worth noting also that google translate says 'Tomorrow Santa starts to work at 12:00' which may mean there will be many acts released over the afternoon, perhaps smaller acts and not the 4th headliner (which would make more sense if it's INmusic announcement related as I doubt they would share a headliner)

6 hours ago, gregory said:

I was thinking the same.

Worth noting also that google translate says 'Tomorrow Santa starts to work at 12:00' which may mean there will be many acts released over the afternoon, perhaps smaller acts and not the 4th headliner (which would make more sense if it's INmusic announcement related as I doubt they would share a headliner)

I can confirm that in Polish version it looks the same :) Also, I don't remember any Open'er edition when we already knew all 4 headliners in December. However, the perfect situation would be: 12:00 - headliner and then some smaller acts each hour (not happening for sure ;))

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, gregory said:

Interpol, Goldfrapp, Ride, Editors, Slowdive, and The Twilight Sad all playing London the weekend of Open'er (first announced July 2018 Euro show's for these bands)

I'd take them all if it protects us from the likes of Dua Lipa, Charli XCX, Tyga and so on :) 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone see the video Open'er posted on Facebook of bands saying merry Christmas, do you think these could be playing this year only bands I can remember where Two Door Cinema Club & Kodaline there where others but with out rewatching I can't remember 

On 29.12.2017 at 9:06 AM, MMC said:

Did anyone see the video Open'er posted on Facebook of bands saying merry Christmas, do you think these could be playing this year only bands I can remember where Two Door Cinema Club & Kodaline there where others but with out rewatching I can't remember 

These band were playing some Polish festivals in 2017 which were organized by Alter Art (Open'er promotor) and that's why they appeared in the film.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Jack White can be ruled out as the Wednesday headliner;

• June 27: Hammersmith Apollo, London
  • June 28: Hammersmith Apollo, London
  • July 2: AFAS Live, Amsterdam
  • July 3: L'Olympia, Paris
  • July 4: L'Olympia, Paris

There was an Open'er announcement this time last year, maybe we'll get something tomorrow/Thurs...

18 minutes ago, gregory said:

Looks like Jack White can be ruled out as the Wednesday headliner;

• June 27: Hammersmith Apollo, London
  • June 28: Hammersmith Apollo, London
  • July 2: AFAS Live, Amsterdam
  • July 3: L'Olympia, Paris
  • July 4: L'Olympia, Paris

There was an Open'er announcement this time last year, maybe we'll get something tomorrow/Thurs...

What a pity! Arctic Monkeys getting more and more probable.

Some months ago Chris from Kasabian said he thinks they will play Open'er this year. No official statement, just in a short chat. BUT he says a lot of stuff and doesn't really know about things sometimes. 

Also think AM are more likely considering Kasabian headlined only 3 years back and there would be no reason to hold their name back.