Has anyone been to Primavera sound?

mike86

12 minutes ago, mike86 said:

How is it? Judging from the pictures it looks quite industrial. Does it have a festival feel to it? Do you camp or stay in the city? 

Same questions apply to both Barca and Porto. 

Went to the Barcelona version both this year and in 2017. Had a great time both years, but it's very much all about the music as there's nothing else going on entertainment wise. You have to find your own accommodation in the city as there's no camping, which obviously adds extra expense but always nice to go back to an actual bed each night. Most of the site is concrete so yeah has a bit of an industrial feel, but I do quite like it, even if it does take it's toll on your feet walking around all day. Highly recommend! For me personally the lineups are always top notch which obviously helps.

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Went to the Barcelona version both this year and in 2017. Had a great time both years, but it's very much all about the music as there's nothing else going on entertainment wise. You have to find your own accommodation in the city as there's no camping, which obviously adds extra expense but always nice to go back to an actual bed each night. Most of the site is concrete so yeah has a bit of an industrial feel, but I do quite like it, even if it does take it's toll on your feet walking around all day. Highly recommend! For me personally the lineups are always top notch which obviously helps.

I was looking at it mainly for the lineup. Trying to find a european festival late may/early june but its proving difficult. 

Just seen the the other questions. Atmos in Porto is quite chilled - though i did dance in the dance test until sunrise. No camping but accommodation is cheap and nearby,. We got a bus up the waterfront to the site as it's near the centre; I also road a bike up there a few times in the run-up to the fest.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just seen the the other questions. Atmos in Porto is quite chilled - though i did dance in the dance test until sunrise. No camping but accommodation is cheap and nearby,. We got a bus up the waterfront to the site as it's near the centre; I also road a bike up there a few times in the run-up to the fest.

How close can you stay to the site? Is there travel between the day and night areas? always kills it a bit for me. 

Went to dekmantel this summer, they had lockers which was a lifesaver.  

Can't speak for Porto, but there are definitely hotels pretty much right next to the site for Barcelona (though I believe they can get quite pricey).

As for the travel between day and night areas- the main festival site hosts the majority of the acts and there are acts on stages there until, I think, 6am.  However, there are also additional acts that are on throughout a handful of venues in the town both in the run up to and during the festival itself - some during the day in a park, some through the night in clubs/theatres, but most of the acts will be appearing on the main festival site.

It's a great festival, and with them having decent sized acts on until 6am and the two biggest stages facing each other (with a big expanse between them and acts staggered on the two stages) you'll probably find clashes are not as common as in most festivals. 

Edited by merago

20 hours ago, mike86 said:

How close can you stay to the site? Is there travel between the day and night areas? always kills it a bit for me. 

Went to dekmantel this summer, they had lockers which was a lifesaver.  

Really near. Out apartment was maybe a mile away from the site and right by the sea/beach. We were by this little crazy golf course. We had a round and some beers there before we jumped in a cab and watched Dinosaur Jr.

The night and day stuff is all on one site. There are two main stages, next to each other which rotate, so everyone just moves from side to side all night, meaning you watch bands constantly with a v short break in between (they love this set up on the continent). Then there is a smaller stage, a smaller tent and a dance tent that goes on until about  7am.

I remember, the last night, the music stopped at about 6am. We were about to leave and then the intro to M83 'The Call' came on, and when it kicked in a glitter cannon went off. Fun times!

went on a fallow year 2008 or was it 2009 

was very good for music, great to have an apartment to sleep in and have a shower as the heat was a killer, but good and totally different than anything I had been to before.  I wouldn't go again, simply as I have done it now and i love the extra';s that Glastonbury and other festivals throw up and Primavera had none of that. It was a great excuse for a holiday make a week of it and adventure around Barcelona

48 minutes ago, Homer said:

Really near. Out apartment was maybe a mile away from the site and right by the sea/beach. We were by this little crazy golf course. We had a round and some beers there before we jumped in a cab and watched Dinosaur Jr.

The night and day stuff is all on one site. There are two main stages, next to each other which rotate, so everyone just moves from side to side all night, meaning you watch bands constantly with a v short break in between (they love this set up on the continent). Then there is a smaller stage, a smaller tent and a dance tent that goes on until about  7am.

I remember, the last night, the music stopped at about 6am. We were about to leave and then the intro to M83 'The Call' came on, and when it kicked in a glitter cannon went off. Fun times!

Can't find this song! could you enlighten me?

31 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Can't find this song! could you enlighten me?

Sorry, it's called Midnight City. You'll recognise it - sounds a bit like Kids by MGMT. Prior to this I remember dancing around at sunrise to stuff like Pump Up the Jam and Around the World powered by cairprinhas. For some reason booze alone is enough when you are at European festivals!

12 hours ago, Homer said:

The constant threat of being mugged/pickpocketed does put me off Barca a bit!

I've been to Barcelona a few times and absolutely love it, but I was once a victim - had my credit card swiped - in the departure lounge of the airport of all places!

18 hours ago, Homer said:

Sorry, it's called Midnight City. You'll recognise it - sounds a bit like Kids by MGMT. Prior to this I remember dancing around at sunrise to stuff like Pump Up the Jam and Around the World powered by cairprinhas. For some reason booze alone is enough when you are at European festivals!

Why did you call it "The Call"?  Is that an alternate name for it?

54 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Why did you call it "The Call"?  Is that an alternate name for it?

Whoops! I thought he was singing "waiting for the call"; transpires it's apparently "waiting in a car". (Those damn French!)

Though 'M83 The Call' did bring this up on Google yesterday so who knows?!

I saw them in Bilbao last year, they were very good.

20 hours ago, Homer said:

yeah i had the same result when i wrote The Call x) just it's their most famous song!

I'm a big fan (i got a tattoo..) that's why i got triggered :)