Victorious Festival 2018

seanz25

This is totally random based off me listening to his new album which came out today and the fact he's seemingly playing up and down the country bar Southampton/Portsmouth/Bournemouth - George Ezra is probably a shout for Victorious. Not sure which stage but. Could see him being the final addition.

2 hours ago, seanz25 said:

This is totally random based off me listening to his new album which came out today and the fact he's seemingly playing up and down the country bar Southampton/Portsmouth/Bournemouth - George Ezra is probably a shout for Victorious. Not sure which stage but. Could see him being the final addition.

I guess headlining the Castle on the Saturday would be the only realistic slot left for him, but I have no clue where that puts Everything Everything

On 23/03/2018 at 6:20 PM, Mattymooz said:

I guess headlining the Castle on the Saturday would be the only realistic slot left for him, but I have no clue where that puts Everything Everything

Well when the first announcement was done Years and Years were clearly identified as Castle headliner but Everything Everything were just announced which lead you to believe Saturday still needed a Castle headliner. They could sub Castle, EE.

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed Rhythm of the 90's said on twitter they wont be playing this year. Bit shocked at that considering they must be a cheap booking and they could be whacked on any stage really. They said they're gutted they haven't been booked for this years so its not them saying no. Seem to be playing other Global fests as well. Strange one. I do notice Victorious don't seem too keen on repeat bookings though, they usually don't apply this to unsigned acts however, wonder if they will book Slow Readers this year then... 

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

What is the parking situation at this festival.. They can't expect to move all punters in and out of town every day.. Can they...... 

If you are there for two or three days, and are staying locally, you can pay to park on Southsea Common and leave your car there for the duration, so long as you leave by midday (if I remember correctly) on the Monday morning. You just need to ensure you display the email confirmations for each day on your dashboard (obviously hiding any personal info). I always do this and my car has never been broken into or damaged.

On 02/04/2018 at 6:39 PM, luckysalt said:

Just noticed Rhythm of the 90's said on twitter they wont be playing this year. Bit shocked at that considering they must be a cheap booking and they could be whacked on any stage really. They said they're gutted they haven't been booked for this years so its not them saying no. Seem to be playing other Global fests as well. Strange one. I do notice Victorious don't seem too keen on repeat bookings though, they usually don't apply this to unsigned acts however, wonder if they will book Slow Readers this year then... 

Very very odd that. They're managed by the guy who books at least one of the stages if not more, wonder if he's been moved on or that?

I started a very early days clashfinder, its using Matt's times from last year apart from Friday where i've given the undercard 45 minutes but they will probably add a 5th act in and Lightning Seeds will most certainly only do 30 mins. 

All I've put in so far is what we know. I could do the beats and swing tent but as they are having extended afternoon slots on Sat and Sun the times will be different so no point. I could also make educated guesses to Common Stage line ups but I won't just as of yet.

After next announcement it will probably be clear whos playing where so may as well wait. 

https:///s/victorious2018/

28 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I started a very early days clashfinder, its using Matt's times from last year apart from Friday where i've given the undercard 45 minutes but they will probably add a 5th act in and Lightning Seeds will most certainly only do 30 mins. 

All I've put in so far is what we know. I could do the beats and swing tent but as they are having extended afternoon slots on Sat and Sun the times will be different so no point. I could also make educated guesses to Common Stage line ups but I won't just as of yet.

After next announcement it will probably be clear whos playing where so may as well wait. 

https:///s/victorious2018/

Did I read earlier in the thread that Paloma Faith would be subbing?

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

That would certainly work better for me. ;)

Think it works better for everyone! I wonder when the next announcement is.

Just had a look and last year they were after the main headliners announcements

1st March Castle headliners and most of undercard

6th April Maximo Park [3rd main], Dandy Warhols [early main act], Band of Skulls [castle sub], etc

26th April Shy FX [seaside headliner], Turin Brakes, more lower stage stuff

23rd May rest of the line up

12th June Butserfest being added.

So far we got 

22nd March Brian Wilson, The Cribs etc 

27th March Beats and Swing line up

I reckon we might get one more decent size announcement then will be rest of the line up, I wonder if Butserfest stage will be back..... I really hope so. There's no activity from the original festival whatsoever on the internet, so it looks like its either back here or dead

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Messaged the festival on Facebook asking when Butserfest would be announced, sadly they said it was a one-off contract for 2017. Asked if there was a replacement and was just given a link to the website with no info regarding a third ‘big’ stage. 

Such a shame as SikTh last year were awesome and the only act that’s really taken my attention is Everything Everything (going with family and got my tickets when they were super cheap so should still be a good weekend out). 

• Upvote 1

We're still debating it this year...or rather, I want to go and my other half thinks as we are already doing Bearded Theory, Long Division, Latitude and Bluedot that's enough for one year. Shame...been coming down for the last 5 or 6 years and with the exception of the Friday last year always found it very enjoyable. Line up doesn't appeal as much as in previous years and with the camping works out quite expensive. That said, loads of old indie bands that I've seen to death but you can always squeeze another one in.   

If Ocean Colour Scene get announced it might just swing it in my favour though...looks like they're free that weekend and touring so fingers crossed. Might be shout for the Sunday 'special guests' slot

8 hours ago, 3Dimensions said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Messaged the festival on Facebook asking when Butserfest would be announced, sadly they said it was a one-off contract for 2017. Asked if there was a replacement and was just given a link to the website with no info regarding a third ‘big’ stage. 

Such a shame as SikTh last year were awesome and the only act that’s really taken my attention is Everything Everything (going with family and got my tickets when they were super cheap so should still be a good weekend out). 

Welcome to the dark side.

Shame that, it was a great bonus last year. 

So here's a poster they've got up, I took it from twitter but surprised they're pushing friendly fires over kaiser chiefs here. Seems they're defo the subs main headliners, Castle and subs then. 

Not sure how many sizeable acts we will get now, maybe why the announcements aren't forthcoming

IMG_20180418_130138.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I feel like we knew a lot more of the lineup this time last year. Wonder why they're being so slow...

They could have been waiting for another payday. Wouldn't surprise me if we get more this week or next?

That said it looks like most of the heavy hitter slots have been announced.

Yeah like I said above doubt we are getting much more, the only big slot left is the Sunday early act. I had a look at who's on tour to see if that was why they might have held off but there isn't really anyone, in fact there's quite a lot on tour who HAVE been announced already. 

Paul Weller btw is playing Birmingham Arena the day before he plays Victorious now and its £49. Shows the value Victorious is. 

Slow Readers Club who aren't announced yet [dunno if they will be] are on tour this month and its £18. 

Yet still I see people moan about the cost of Victorious this year... Its still cheap as...

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

That'll be why Rhythm of the 90's aren't playing then 

Can you or someone else clarify what Choose 90s is? Seems a club night with others playing according to Google? I'm a little lost.