seanz25

Victorious Festival 2018

I tell you who would be an awesome early act on the Sunday, 10cc! They're playing a festival in Switzerland on the Friday. That would get them in early! 

8 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I tell you who would be an awesome early act on the Sunday, 10cc! They're playing a festival in Switzerland on the Friday. That would get them in early! 

one of the best live 'retro' bands out there - with an absolutely fantastic list of hits.

Graham Gouldman is a song-writing genius. He even wrote this...

43 minutes ago, dan8k said:

Beach boys or Brian Wilson to headline one of the nights apparently?

Headliners have been announced.

6 hours ago, thetime said:

Headliners have been announced.

Maybe as a sub or the legends slot? 

'Exclusive - big sign erected in public place' good work.

Decent booking though especially if it's non headliner / makes the prodigy booking even stronger if they aren't. 

Edited by Tommy101

I'd presume it was this photo from Southsea Castle, doing to the rounds on social media? 

IMG_20180319_015443.jpg

11 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Thats a stonking announcement, expect it will be tomorrow.

How much are we getting of is it just Beach Boys?

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

How much are we getting of is it just Beach Boys?

I haven't seen it, I just meant beach boys are a great  addition 

6 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I haven't seen it, I just meant beach boys are a great  addition 

Fortunately it'll be Brian Wilson and not the current Beach Boys, who are playing dates in America over the weekend.

just announced:

Brian Wilson 
Sleaford Mods
The Cribs
Dub Pistols
Stereo Honey
Cassia
Bang Bang Romeo
Electric Pyramid
Catherine McGrath
Fenne Lilly 
Nathan Ball

Brian, Cribs and Dub Pistols all good additions for me. Not heard of many further down the list so there maybe more to discover too.

Surely Everything Everything must be headlining castle stage as it looks now, if the cribs are subbing them meaning they're on when Paloma is, I'm very happy. 

Top 3 main must be Weller, Paloma, Wilson. 

It's a very weak second announcement on the whole for victorious but the first announcement was stronger name wise than previous years so probably evens out. Sleaford Mods I wonder where they will play, Sunday is quite hard to see who will end up where. 

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

It's a very weak second announcement on the whole for victorious but the first announcement was stronger name wise than previous years so probably evens out. Sleaford Mods I wonder where they will play, Sunday is quite hard to see who will end up where. 

It’s funny how we perceive things differently isn’t it? I think it’s an excellent 2nd announcement.

Brian Wilson makes it for me but the undercard is looking good now as well.

Saturday is crazy strong, 100% relied on The Prodigy to sell and at that price probably will but I would chose Saturday now. Weller, Wilson, The Cribs, Coasts and Pigeon Detectives for old times.

9 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Sleaford Mods I wonder where they will play, Sunday is quite hard to see who will end up where. 

Common Stage I'd have thought, with Jason coming on with The Prodigy later. I'm hoping Friendly Fires are the sub, if so I'm v tempted to go 

10 hours ago, rseamer said:

It’s funny how we perceive things differently isn’t it? I think it’s an excellent 2nd announcement.

Brian Wilson makes it for me but the undercard is looking good now as well.

TBH can't say I know many there outside of Wilson, Mods, Dub Pistols and Cribs, who is worth taking a look at from the rest?

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Common Stage I'd have thought, with Jason coming on with The Prodigy later. I'm hoping Friendly Fires are the sub, if so I'm v tempted to go 

Looking increasingly likely they are subbing. Can't see them paying to book a bigger sub than they need to at this stage, I just wonder why they're holding off on the early act, unless its already there, they just haven't bigged it up. 

13 hours ago, luckysalt said:

TBH can't say I know many there outside of Wilson, Mods, Dub Pistols and Cribs, who is worth taking a look at from the rest?

Looking increasingly likely they are subbing. Can't see them paying to book a bigger sub than they need to at this stage, I just wonder why they're holding off on the early act, unless its already there, they just haven't bigged it up. 

Without knowing your tastes it’s difficult to say, but I really like Stereo Honey - indie guitars and falsetto vocals. I saw them earlier this year and they were decent.