Victorious Festival 2018

seanz25

6 hours ago, Franco Baresi said:

Hi Guys, Giving Victorious a go for the first time this year, doing the Friday and Saturday, are the bar queues really as bad as some of the comments I've read on here? I've seen that the Common Stage is being used for the Friday this year, has the bar been a bit easier in that area in previous years??

Any tips or advice from previous festival goers??

Thanks in advance :-)

Common Stage [main stage] the bar is like 1 minute wait.

The Friday of last year wasn't even THAT bad, there were two entrances to the bar and everyone seemed to be going to the same one, on my second trip I went to the other entrance and it took about 5 minutes. The other one was about 30 minutes though!

They really should have had another bar open apart from all in that one area though, also theres too many bloody ice cream vans as well, especially the one that is right in the way of the entrance to Castle Stage [second stage] coming at it from the right. So stupid that one is, cant believe its still there year after year.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Common Stage [main stage] the bar is like 1 minute wait.

The Friday of last year wasn't even THAT bad, there were two entrances to the bar and everyone seemed to be going to the same one, on my second trip I went to the other entrance and it took about 5 minutes. The other one was about 30 minutes though!

They really should have had another bar open apart from all in that one area though, also theres too many bloody ice cream vans as well, especially the one that is right in the way of the entrance to Castle Stage [second stage] coming at it from the right. So stupid that one is, cant believe its still there year after year.

Thanks Luckysalt! Sounds ideal then, looking forward to seeing some good bands down there that are already on the lineup.

They just put ticket prices up to the next wave this week and they just announced they will be going to the  next wave in 2 weeks because the sales are so strong. 

I'm not surprised sales are so strong its still cheaper that what  I paid for prodigy in December and they had no support as well. I imagine Weller is the same. 

But the wave they are at now they're usually not on that until late summer then go to  the next wave like August so the sales must be really really strong 

• 2 weeks later...

It will be at some point next week, Monday-Weds. Y Not I believe is doing their second announcement also. Reckon we will get most of the bigger names. Then we will get another in April of the lower stages I guess.

Who do we reckon will be the Early doors act for Sunday.

2017 Frank Turner & Dandy Warhols

2016 Boomtown Rats & Will Young

2015 Laura Mvula & Texas

So got Happy Mondays on the Saturday, I imagine it will be someone who would appeal to the Prodigy audience, I have a feeling it could be Dizzee Rascal. They were hyping him up on social media a while back when he played in 2014. I can't imagine they will get another big dance act, Dizzee is the right size these days and he's supported them on an arena tour in the past. But would he get the older audience in for the beers, im not so sure. Tough one. 

8 hours ago, luckysalt said:

It will be at some point next week, Monday-Weds. Y Not I believe is doing their second announcement also. Reckon we will get most of the bigger names. Then we will get another in April of the lower stages I guess.

Who do we reckon will be the Early doors act for Sunday.

2017 Frank Turner & Dandy Warhols

2016 Boomtown Rats & Will Young

2015 Laura Mvula & Texas

So got Happy Mondays on the Saturday, I imagine it will be someone who would appeal to the Prodigy audience, I have a feeling it could be Dizzee Rascal. They were hyping him up on social media a while back when he played in 2014. I can't imagine they will get another big dance act, Dizzee is the right size these days and he's supported them on an arena tour in the past. But would he get the older audience in for the beers, im not so sure. Tough one. 

Yeah, I'm not sure Dizzee is the appropriate act for the slot, possible he plays somewhere else on the Sunday though. 

Few acts I think we're in for a shout off potentially next week:
- Ride
- Richard Ashcroft 
- Pale Waves
- Hockey Dad