Victorious Festival 2018

seanz25

My gut instinct says the 2nd act on the common stage is missing from this lineup.  

I expect the following:

Common

Sat: Weller, ????, Happy Mondays, .......

Sun: Prodigy, ????, Friendly Fires, .........

Castle

Sat: Paloma Faith, Everything Everything, .....

Sun: Years and Years, Example and DJ Wire, ....

Still leaves space for someone like snow patrol (possible embargo due to other festival announcements forthcoming) as an undercard.  If you look at the undercard for the radio 1 bigger weekend, they are lower down the bill than I would have anticipated.  

Even if it is as it stands, happy with the line up.

Edited by dgrain21

25 minutes ago, dgrain21 said:

My gut instinct says the 2nd act on the common stage is missing from this lineup.  

I expect the following:

Common

Sat: Weller, ????, Happy Mondays, .......

Sun: Prodigy, ????, Friendly Fires, .........

Castle

Sat: Paloma Faith, Everything Everything, .....

Sun: Years and Years, Example and DJ Wire, ....

Still leaves space for someone like snow patrol (possible embargo due to other festival announcements forthcoming) as an undercard.  If you look at the undercard for the radio 1 bigger weekend, they are lower down the bill than I would have anticipated.  

Even if it is as it stands, happy with the line up.

Its Weller with Faith subbing.

No castle stage headliner announced for sat.

Sunday is prodigy, no sub announced. Years and Years headlining second stage. 

Id imagine example might headline seaside stage.

The two singers solo from their bands will most probably headline acoustic stages

Happy Mondays are playing 1.30pm in the early special guest slot

Sundays special guest yet to be announced

1 hour ago, I Wanna Be Adored said:

Hi all

I'm down at London for a long weekend and fancy the Friday night. 

What's the likely hood of coaches from London to Portsmouth for this?

It's very easy to get a coach or train from London to Portsmouth

You can get a National Express from Victoria Coach Station to The Hard Interchange in Portsmouth which is by the seafront and about a 20 minute walk from the festival for about £20 return if you book in advance

Trains run from both Waterloo and London Victoria to Portsmouth, Portsmouth Harbour is the closest station to the festival; again, fairly cheap if you book in advance, also have a look on the Megabus website as they sell discounted advance train tickets which can be as cheap as a quid

You'll probably have to spend the night in Portsmouth but trains and coaches should start up again from about 5am or so, I'm sure there'll be plenty to do in the town that night anyway

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Thank we might be in for record numbers with that reading announcement. Wow its bad

There are 2 acts on that line up that I would pay to see. I never considered that the R&L audience might have an impact on Victorious, only bands being busy. I think you're right though, I would have thought there are a lot of people looking at other options this morning and Victorious might see a spike in bookings

50 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I'm seriously considering that sunday now. The Amazons, Friendly Fires and Prodigy all seem good to me tbh.

Does anyone know if this usually sells out?

No it hasn't in the past, although still growing massively and seems to be busier year on year. @eFestivals may be able to add some more perspective on that? 

But yeah was just going to come here to say, usually torn a little between this and Reading, this year though, the value for money is truly at Victorious.

Hi Guys, Giving Victorious a go for the first time this year, doing the Friday and Saturday, are the bar queues really as bad as some of the comments I've read on here? I've seen that the Common Stage is being used for the Friday this year, has the bar been a bit easier in that area in previous years??

Any tips or advice from previous festival goers??

Thanks in advance :-)

39 minutes ago, Franco Baresi said:

Hi Guys, Giving Victorious a go for the first time this year, doing the Friday and Saturday, are the bar queues really as bad as some of the comments I've read on here? I've seen that the Common Stage is being used for the Friday this year, has the bar been a bit easier in that area in previous years??

Any tips or advice from previous festival goers??

Thanks in advance :-)

it was only bad last year on friday as was at castle stage and only bars as common not open.this year friday is on common and so plenty of room and bars.great fest and well worth money

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retrokev said:

it was only bad last year on friday as was at castle stage and only bars as common not open.this year friday is on common and so plenty of room and bars.great fest and well worth money

Ah great! Thanks. Really looking forward to something different, just got stuck in the routine of doing Glastonbury every year, so a change of scenery will be fun. Is there a dance music tent on site anywhere? 

On the capacity thing - they claimed the year before last (Noel Gallagher and whoever else it was, Manics?) to have 60,000 a day, I think. I'm not sure I totally believe that, but it wasn't anywhere near full and didn't sell out so they obviously had permission for me. 

I've got no idea what the licence is, but if I had to guess I imagine it'd be 80,000. 

44 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

On the capacity thing - they claimed the year before last (Noel Gallagher and whoever else it was, Manics?) to have 60,000 a day, I think. I'm not sure I totally believe that, but it wasn't anywhere near full and didn't sell out so they obviously had permission for me. 

I've got no idea what the licence is, but if I had to guess I imagine it'd be 80,000. 

thought it 30,000

2 hours ago, Franco Baresi said:

Ah great! Thanks. Really looking forward to something different, just got stuck in the routine of doing Glastonbury every year, so a change of scenery will be fun. Is there a dance music tent on site anywhere? 

not that ive seen.finish is early each night  at 12 and 11 sund i think