Victorious Festival 2018

seanz25

14 minutes ago, craigb said:

Just checked the press release. Only thing I can find on there that mentions next announcement is the Andy Marsh quote "“We’re going to announce the full weekend bill very shortly"

The News get extra stuff anyway so what's in the article is most likely correct 

1 hour ago, retrokev said:

and blackheath and on the sea

They aren't run by Global, I thought Libs had played more fests for Global in 2017 but was just Truck. 

I thought they had played YNot, but they haven't might end up headlining it in 2018 though.

Talking of Global, they run Snowbombing and I see they have Pendulum playing next year, so, for me anyway, I hope they've got them at a few of their fests, they had them at SW4 already this year too. 

3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

I picked up some Sat/Sun tickets today. Friday ones don't seem to be available at the moment. I'm sure they will be soon.

(PS I'd be amazed if Victorious got a band who charge as much and play as infrequently in the UK as little as the Strokes)

They took Friday off sale because they're going up to the next price tier.

Tickets seem to be selling very well. 

Saturday and Sunday tickets already on the next tier despite no acts announced. 

Regarding The Strokes, its possible now with the Global money behind the fest, Im not saying it will, but they certainly could afford it and would get Victorious noticed a lot more. 

Victorious is one of the biggest festivals in the UK now. 

Glasto isn't on, Download would book completely different acts, BST is all booked up, IOW is all booked up, 

Leaving Reading and Leeds and the new V who also wouldn't book The Strokes.

Theres no festival bigger than Victorious left, Lattitude is half the size of Victorious. 

It just needs a bigger name value to the general public. As it stands they've booked lower names, but when you read where the bookers want to take the festival and grow it as big as Glasto, they'll have to start booking bigger names. 

For me, btw, I enjoy the festival as it is, I don't want it to get bigger, its big enough as it is, however, the owners won't feel that way. 

65K people on site equals a hell of a lot of beer sales, why do you think they've moved it to Main Stage on Friday next year. More money from beer sales. 

14 hours ago, luckysalt said:

They took Friday off sale because they're going up to the next price tier.

Tickets seem to be selling very well. 

Saturday and Sunday tickets already on the next tier despite no acts announced. 

Regarding The Strokes, its possible now with the Global money behind the fest, Im not saying it will, but they certainly could afford it and would get Victorious noticed a lot more. 

Victorious is one of the biggest festivals in the UK now. 

Glasto isn't on, Download would book completely different acts, BST is all booked up, IOW is all booked up, 

Leaving Reading and Leeds and the new V who also wouldn't book The Strokes.

Theres no festival bigger than Victorious left, Lattitude is half the size of Victorious. 

It just needs a bigger name value to the general public. As it stands they've booked lower names, but when you read where the bookers want to take the festival and grow it as big as Glasto, they'll have to start booking bigger names. 

For me, btw, I enjoy the festival as it is, I don't want it to get bigger, its big enough as it is, however, the owners won't feel that way. 

65K people on site equals a hell of a lot of beer sales, why do you think they've moved it to Main Stage on Friday next year. More money from beer sales. 

I think you’re right. As the prices creep up it probably has to start booking major festival headliners. For how expensive they’d be I think The Strokes would be a tough sell, particularly on Reading weekend.

Biffy Clyro and The Prodigy strike me as bands that would be possible for Victorious yet still impressive as they’ve recent experience headlining major festivals. Wouldn’t be surprised if one of them headlined 2018.

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Foals maybe too if they dont have a new album out by then

Foals don't have a big enough name appeal to sell Victorious IMO. Yes its a smaller festival than Reading, but Foals headlining would be a harder sell, the typical ticket buyer at Victorious is much of a wider scope than Reading which is a much younger crowd, yes they have a lot of young ticket buyers but id say theres more people there who are 25+, which is why the older less fashionable acts would sell well to a Victorious crowd. Hence why The Strokes would be a perfect fit. Its almost targeted at people who went to Reading and V 10-15 years plus ago. 

The Prodigy and Biffy are very good shouts IMO. I think The Prodigy are more in with a chance because they've done Snowbombing for Global and been around longer. 

Going back to Foals and younger fanbase, they seem to target the Second Stage for the younger fanbase and the Main Stage for the older crowd, Foals are much too big for Second Stage now.

Speaking of The Prodigy btw, im off to see them tonight, I'll see if they say anything about fests next year. 

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

I'd have thought that Foals would be a bigger (and more affordable) draw than the Strokes. Possibly my personal preference interfering but then I was going to Reading 10-15 years ago!

I would too, because they’re a British band that’s still all over the radio. I personally think they’re closer to recent headliners than The Strokes are but in non-headline slots they do seem to book acts with a fairly huge crossover with The Strokes so I’m not sure.

I think Foals playing this would be a bad move at this point tho so maybe not for a few years.

1 hour ago, RaphPH said:

Do we know that they won't do Reading? Do we even know that the Strokes are touring?

They don’t need to be touring really, they’ll go where the money is. I would still be incredibly surprised if they played this and not a more established festival but I guess Victorious may need to start surprising people.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else hoping for a line up soon now that Christmas is over and the dust has settled? Perhaps they'll wait for January payday so people can actually afford a ticket.

Could Gorillaz play this year? 

The Boomtown 'exclusive' wording is open to interpretation, Damon seems to like playing Portsmouth and could be the right kind of size, especially if they're shared with a few other fests around the country?

7 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Is anyone else hoping for a line up soon now that Christmas is over and the dust has settled? Perhaps they'll wait for January payday so people can actually afford a ticket.

Could Gorillaz play this year? 

The Boomtown 'exclusive' wording is open to interpretation, Damon seems to like playing Portsmouth and could be the right kind of size, especially if they're shared with a few other fests around the country?

while I agree that the boomtown 'exclusive' can be open to interpretation, even if it were meaningless it's very unlikely an act of Gorillaz's size's would do two festival shows in the same area within a few weeks of each other.

Not impossible of course, but it's not how things are normally done.

40 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

while I agree that the boomtown 'exclusive' can be open to interpretation, even if it were meaningless it's very unlikely an act of Gorillaz's size's would do two festival shows in the same area within a few weeks of each other.

Not impossible of course, but it's not how things are normally done.

I hadn't really thought of the proximity.

You're right though,  I was just hoping to suggest someone a little different!

• 3 weeks later...