It started with a suit .....

Crazyfool01

It's very unlikely that I will ever go to Glastonbury ever again. That said, if I was to go in 2019, I think that I might go as a retarded, toothless, fat, old Brummie. With a little work on the age front (which is happening as I write in any case), I think that I could pull it off. 

A Brummie walks into a tailors and says: “Alroit, mate. I’d like a 70s suit, please.” The tailor says: “Certainly sir, and would you like a kipper tie?” Brummie says: “Thanks mate, two sugars.”

1 hour ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

It's a brave man that decides on a white suit at Glastonbury...

The Man from Del Monte?

Terry Wogan?

Colonel Sanders?

Fuckin' Bond?

None of them could don that bad boy at Glastonbury.

But I have faith. Don't fail me.

Nonsense, everybody looks good in a white suit at Glastonbury, especially if it's a muddy one and the jacket stays white*.  I've taken one** the last three years running, paired with a flashing t-shirt no less.  I'm with ya, @crazyfool1

However, I don't recommend putting a pint of Guinness in your jacket pocket and then forgetting about it and dancing.

* white "looking" in poor light is sufficient for people off their heads to say "Wow man, not a drop of mud on it"

** Actually, I've never taken a full suit, just the jacket.  White trousers is asking for trouble, I'm with ya, @___S_o_m_a__!

@crazyfool1  

On 26/08/2017 at 10:12 AM, crazyfool1 said:

so creatives now is the time for me to start the design of the 2019 outfit .... so have the creatives amongst you started mulling any ideas over yet ? the groot was fantastic last year so I'm sure are others on here thinking what to do ... post away :) 

IMG_3937.jpg

@crazyfool1   currently consulting my legal team re plagiarising my thread titles. Be very afraid. Taunton is a small town :) 

On 8/26/2017 at 10:12 AM, crazyfool1 said:

so creatives now is the time for me to start the design of the 2019 outfit .... so have the creatives amongst you started mulling any ideas over yet ? the groot was fantastic last year so I'm sure are others on here thinking what to do ... post away :) 

IMG_3937.jpg

turn the Led lights in to a snake, have them going around a leg up the body and then fashion some sort of head over the shoulder

7 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

turn the Led lights in to a snake, have them going around a leg up the body and then fashion some sort of head over the shoulder

Good idea something I would consider but . in the dark you would only be able to see the led lights and not the snake outline ... and in the light the snake and not the led lights ... I will have a think 

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Good idea something I would consider but . in the dark you would only be able to see the led lights and not the snake outline ... and in the light the snake and not the led lights ... I will have a think 

make the snake outline from the LED lights, colour in the suit where the snake is , so day light you see where you have coloured in, night time the snake comes alive in the led's

make the white suit an 19th century explores suit, just need to get the hat , they went exploring in nice suits 

Image result for snake led outfit

Edited by shuttlep

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so now the trousers have been completed with some interestingly placed wording ( if anyone can spot it ? ) its on to the jacket .... I want to add some Glastonbury words to it but not sure what yet ? as ive done some areas on the trousers .... maybe bands that ive seen over the years ? and somehow use some of the wristbands ive collected in the design although im sure ive quite a few missing !!  lots to do still !!

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

13 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

so now the trousers have been completed with some interestingly placed wording ( if anyone can spot it ? ) its on to the jacket .... I want to add some Glastonbury words to it but not sure what yet ? as ive done some areas on the trousers .... maybe bands that ive seen over the years ? and somehow use some of the wristbands ive collected in the design although im sure ive quite a few missing !!  lots to do still !!

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

I can spot the wording alright. How long has it taken you to do the trousers?

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can spot the wording alright. How long has it taken you to do the trousers?

its difficult to say ... I don't really measure the time ( which is not a good thing as im hoping to sell / hire some of these things eventually ) sometimes i will sit for an afternoon and evening and do the designs .. sometimes just an hour whilst listening to tv or music so actually working out the time is hard ... maybe somewhere in the region of 25 hours for the trousers ? give or take 10hours !! there is some particular inappropriate wording near the flies !! 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

its difficult to say ... I don't really measure the time ( which is not a good thing as im hoping to sell / hire some of these things eventually ) sometimes i will sit for an afternoon and evening and do the designs .. sometimes just an hour whilst listening to tv or music so actually working out the time is hard ... maybe somewhere in the region of 25 hours for the trousers ? give or take 10hours !! there is some particular inappropriate wording near the flies !! 

Thanks for the answer. I used to make art when the telly was on, but haven't done so in a while. This might help jog me back in to doing that again. I can't actually see the wording near the flies. Possibly just as well.