Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
crazyfool1

It started with a suit .....

Recommended Posts

so creatives now is the time for me to start the design of the 2019 outfit .... so have the creatives amongst you started mulling any ideas over yet ? the groot was fantastic last year so I'm sure are others on here thinking what to do ... post away :) 

IMG_3937.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

It's very unlikely that I will ever go to Glastonbury ever again. That said, if I was to go in 2019, I think that I might go as a retarded, toothless, fat, old Brummie. With a little work on the age front (which is happening as I write in any case), I think that I could pull it off. 

 

A Brummie walks into a tailors and says: “Alroit, mate. I’d like a 70s suit, please.” The tailor says: “Certainly sir, and would you like a kipper tie?” Brummie says: “Thanks mate, two sugars.”

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a brave man that decides on a white suit at Glastonbury...

The Man from Del Monte?

Terry Wogan?

Colonel Sanders?

Fuckin' Bond?

None of them could don that bad boy at Glastonbury.

But I have faith. Don't fail me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

It's a brave man that decides on a white suit at Glastonbury...

The Man from Del Monte?

Terry Wogan?

Colonel Sanders?

Fuckin' Bond?

None of them could don that bad boy at Glastonbury.

But I have faith. Don't fail me.

 

Nonsense, everybody looks good in a white suit at Glastonbury, especially if it's a muddy one and the jacket stays white*.  I've taken one** the last three years running, paired with a flashing t-shirt no less.  I'm with ya, @crazyfool1

However, I don't recommend putting a pint of Guinness in your jacket pocket and then forgetting about it and dancing.

* white "looking" in poor light is sufficient for people off their heads to say "Wow man, not a drop of mud on it"

** Actually, I've never taken a full suit, just the jacket.  White trousers is asking for trouble, I'm with ya, @___S_o_m_a__!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trousers won't stay white for long ... not at Glastonbury but as part of the design phase .. I've been wearing my modified white suits for quite a few years and they do get a little dirty but nothing that doesn't wash out :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@crazyfool1  

On 26/08/2017 at 10:12 AM, crazyfool1 said:

so creatives now is the time for me to start the design of the 2019 outfit .... so have the creatives amongst you started mulling any ideas over yet ? the groot was fantastic last year so I'm sure are others on here thinking what to do ... post away :) 

IMG_3937.jpg

@crazyfool1   currently consulting my legal team re plagiarising my thread titles. Be very afraid. Taunton is a small town :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

@crazyfool1  

@crazyfool1   currently consulting my legal team re plagiarising my thread titles. Be very afraid. Taunton is a small town :) 

I did it because I was inspired by such a good thread title ... I wondered how long it would take :)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sawdusty Surfer I have included you in the tags in the thread tittle for credit ... To try and keep the lawyers and the chainsaws away from the sleepy streets of Taunton !!:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2017 at 10:12 AM, crazyfool1 said:

so creatives now is the time for me to start the design of the 2019 outfit .... so have the creatives amongst you started mulling any ideas over yet ? the groot was fantastic last year so I'm sure are others on here thinking what to do ... post away :) 

IMG_3937.jpg

turn the Led lights in to a snake, have them going around a leg up the body and then fashion some sort of head over the shoulder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

turn the Led lights in to a snake, have them going around a leg up the body and then fashion some sort of head over the shoulder

Good idea something I would consider but . in the dark you would only be able to see the led lights and not the snake outline ... and in the light the snake and not the led lights ... I will have a think 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Good idea something I would consider but . in the dark you would only be able to see the led lights and not the snake outline ... and in the light the snake and not the led lights ... I will have a think 

make the snake outline from the LED lights, colour in the suit where the snake is , so day light you see where you have coloured in, night time the snake comes alive in the led's

 

make the white suit an 19th century explores suit, just need to get the hat , they went exploring in nice suits 

 

 

Image result for snake led outfit

Edited by shuttlep
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first leg ... on the arm (of the chair ) decided on a more Glastonbury related theme for 2019 

IMG_3990.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

This thread oozes confidence @crazyfool1. I'm terrified of missing out on tickets for 2019, but I do have a few outfit ideas! :D

 

somehow I will manage ... even if I have to get some help from the wonderfull people on Efests :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

somehow I will manage ... even if I have to get some help from the wonderfull people on Efests :)

That's the attitude I'm taking. Life throws too many lemons for me to miss out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so now the trousers have been completed with some interestingly placed wording ( if anyone can spot it ? ) its on to the jacket .... I want to add some Glastonbury words to it but not sure what yet ? as ive done some areas on the trousers .... maybe bands that ive seen over the years ? and somehow use some of the wristbands ive collected in the design although im sure ive quite a few missing !!  lots to do still !!

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ... appropriately or ( not ) placed wording up near the top of trousers on the front .. bit clearer on the top photo :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

so now the trousers have been completed with some interestingly placed wording ( if anyone can spot it ? ) its on to the jacket .... I want to add some Glastonbury words to it but not sure what yet ? as ive done some areas on the trousers .... maybe bands that ive seen over the years ? and somehow use some of the wristbands ive collected in the design although im sure ive quite a few missing !!  lots to do still !!

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

I can spot the wording alright. How long has it taken you to do the trousers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can spot the wording alright. How long has it taken you to do the trousers?

its difficult to say ... I don't really measure the time ( which is not a good thing as im hoping to sell / hire some of these things eventually ) sometimes i will sit for an afternoon and evening and do the designs .. sometimes just an hour whilst listening to tv or music so actually working out the time is hard ... maybe somewhere in the region of 25 hours for the trousers ? give or take 10hours !! there is some particular inappropriate wording near the flies !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

its difficult to say ... I don't really measure the time ( which is not a good thing as im hoping to sell / hire some of these things eventually ) sometimes i will sit for an afternoon and evening and do the designs .. sometimes just an hour whilst listening to tv or music so actually working out the time is hard ... maybe somewhere in the region of 25 hours for the trousers ? give or take 10hours !! there is some particular inappropriate wording near the flies !! 

Thanks for the answer. I used to make art when the telly was on, but haven't done so in a while. This might help jog me back in to doing that again. I can't actually see the wording near the flies. Possibly just as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×