Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

29 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Does anybody else know why Altern 8 were about 4 minutes late for their set?

I'd all but give up 1am, went to get some food before bed then on my way out of the field I noticed they'd started.

is that meant to 4 or 40mins lol

I thought they were late as was like I don't recognise any tunes when in tent so we sat outside for however long then started to recognise some tunes, but god knows what time that was.. :huh: 

3 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

is that meant to 4 or 40mins lol

I thought they were late as was like I don't recognise any tunes when in tent so we sat outside for however long then started to recognise some tunes, but god knows what time that was.. :huh: 

Yeah 40. Typo. 

I looked all over social media for an answer but found nothing.

Embarrassingly, I couldn’t get my arse in gear to go and see October Drift on the Friday morning.. maybe it was because I had tickets to see them in Cambridge.

well tonight was the night, in The Portland Arms (less than a hundred in).. wow! What a performance... 

a massive sound and high energy in the extreme.. these fellas could have a huge future ahead of them....

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Embarrassingly, I couldn’t get my arse in gear to go and see October Drift on the Friday morning.. maybe it was because I had tickets to see them in Cambridge.

well tonight was the night, in The Portland Arms (less than a hundred in).. wow! What a performance... 

a massive sound and high energy in the extreme.. these fellas could have a huge future ahead of them....

Another thumbs up from are lot for October Drift.

I dragged a few mates over to se them on the friday morning and really enjoyed there set.

The guy to the left as we looked at the stage was mesmerising from start to finish.

So much so that my mate said "i couldn't do that with a tennis racket never mind a fuckin guitar" ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bucko said:

Another thumbs up from are lot for October Drift.

I dragged a few mates over to se them on the friday morning and really enjoyed there set.

The guy to the left as we looked at the stage was mesmerising from start to finish.

So much so that my mate said "i couldn't do that with a tennis racket never mind a fuckin guitar" ?

Thats the thing... you dont know where to look as they are all so watchable.. absolutely attacking their instruments.

The fella far left that you talk of did have the look of a serial killer... although to be fair they all looked like they could kill you at the drop of a hat.

They did 45 minutes without hardly drawing a breath between numbers.. I left feeling exhausted and i was only watching with a Guinness in hand.!

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2018 at 2:02 PM, Funkyfairy! said:

Bloody excellent thanks .... I was giddy on life, live music and cider as I ran up to Newton Faulkner at 2am across the surf club car park, shoutin* Mr Faulkner would you sign my set list please .... to be fair to him he was lovely, I was giddy, and bless him he had to be up at 5am to catch a flight out .... I seriously left my dignity in that car park ! 

Oh I love that feeling of pure exhilirating happiness. It's so hard to put it into words but it's just the feels, you know?! I'm so happy you bloody loved it FF... And dignity is overated anyway hahaha!!

On 6/5/2018 at 12:35 AM, BlueDaze said:

I have a colleague that is well into music and it's pretty much all we talk about... I said the exact same thing to him! I dragged some of  the camp out to see them and I'm so pleased I did. Brilliant energy and stage presence, accompanied with well written and catchy tunes!

I did drag my lazy ass  out and saw all of October Drifts set.

I thought they were excellent , a proper indie band.

Will certainly keep a look out for them to see them again.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing
OCTOBER DRIFT
3 hrs · 

Tune into BBC Music Introducing in Devon and Cornwall tonight to hear the acoustic session we did with them! The show goes out at 8pm - enjoy x 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p067j7t1

they are 1 hour in if anyones interested :)

they come across as decent , as well as talented, lads...

They were supported in Cambridge by a bunch of really young kids that gave it a real go, even though they were shitting themselves.. i noted that October Drift took time to tweet a congratulatory note for their set.. and also thanked my daughter for raving about them on Instagram..

i noted from the interview that they are booked for some festivals in the summer.. I hope they get to play Latitude.. the BBC Music tent would suit them well.

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

they come across as decent , as well as talented, lads...

They were supported in Cambridge by a bunch of really young kids that gave it a real go, even though they were shitting themselves.. i noted that October Drift took time to tweet a congratulatory note for their set.. and also thanked my daughter for raving about them on Instagram..

i noted from the interview that they are booked for some festivals in the summer.. I hope they get to play Latitude.. the BBC Music tent would suit them well.

will see what I can find out :) .... and yes they are :)

On 5/28/2018 at 11:56 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks for that footage. It's given me a visual flavour of the festival, and has reinforced my desire to go there.

As an aside;

(1) Was the first bit of band footage in the Something Else Tea Tent?  (@0.15)

(2) If it was (and there's no need to answer this), are you the one in the flat cap and glasses?

(3) If you were the one in the flat cap and glasses, did you used to be in Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine?

the set in the tea tent is Beardy Keith doing his Punk Uke jam and that is indeed Les Carter playing bass with him, they are good friends and Les plays bass in most of his uke jams

Edited by Cheshire Cat

6 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

the set in the tea tent is Beardy Keith doing his Punk Uke jam and that is indeed Les Carter playing bass with him, they are good friends and Les plays bass in most of his uke jams

Thanks for re-confirming that Cheshire Cat. A friend of mine introduced me to him at Equinox last year. He seemed like a nice affable bloke.