Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

I've got my tickets for this...first time

Of those of you who've been before - what is/how big is the showcase stage and why is it blank on the line-up so far?

Any preferences of where to camp for quiet/sleep without being completely out of the way

How busy does it get arriving - Id like to be there for bands on the Thursday but may not arrive until late pm

Any other tips/tricks in particular to this festival over others?

It's a new stage this year, not yet announced who is playing on it.

There is a quiet area, not sure how quiet it is though, am usually in the CV area. No where is far to walk anyway, 10 mins from far end of camping to arena :)

Thursday has been busy last few years, by end of the afternoon you shouldn't have to wait long.

It's the best one I've been to, it's friendly, fun and the bars are brilliant. Plus take your own if you want, no glass as usual though.

Enjoy :)

@not worthy  Gates shut at 8pm on Thursday for entry and I think this is a pretty strict cut off.

Only takes about 10 minutes from wherever you camp to the center of the site so no problems on that front.

I have never managed to get into the family/quiet camping area as always full within about an hour of gates opening.  This year they are doing it differently though.  I am not particularly bothered on staying in the family camping area - we have been in the general camping with 2 kids the last few years and it has always been great.  Only reason I want to be in family camping is we are less likely to annoy other folk in there when our kids are up before 7am.

20 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

It's a new stage this year, not yet announced who is playing on it.

There is a quiet area, not sure how quiet it is though, am usually in the CV area. No where is far to walk anyway, 10 mins from far end of camping to arena :)

Thursday has been busy last few years, by end of the afternoon you shouldn't have to wait long.

It's the best one I've been to, it's friendly, fun and the bars are brilliant. Plus take your own if you want, no glass as usual though.

Enjoy :)

Excellent, thanks for the info. Can you take your own cans into the arenas?

3 hours ago, cham08 said:

@not worthy  Gates shut at 8pm on Thursday for entry and I think this is a pretty strict cut off.

Only takes about 10 minutes from wherever you camp to the center of the site so no problems on that front.

I have never managed to get into the family/quiet camping area as always full within about an hour of gates opening.  This year they are doing it differently though.  I am not particularly bothered on staying in the family camping area - we have been in the general camping with 2 kids the last few years and it has always been great.  Only reason I want to be in family camping is we are less likely to annoy other folk in there when our kids are up before 7am.

thanks so much, that 8pm cutoff could be a pain

4 hours ago, cham08 said:

We always go straight for the Family camping area, even though mine are getting a little older. Yes it fills up really quickly, and some years we've been with the masses where you risk being up all night with the singers and bongo brigade. Not great when you have kids. 

I think this year you're allocated family camping at point of purchase??

• 2 weeks later...

Got tickets to this - first time going and after reading this thread am sooo excited!  I've missed hanging around efestival forums!  Don't know many of the bands playing but absolutely love listening to the playlist for Glasto and finding new ones to aim for so have just started on the BT one for this year. 

I have absolutely no idea either about the different stages etc so will have to mug up on that before the end of May.  Though tbh am also happy to go where the mood takes me and stumble over things!

Eeek!

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Good work, @sparkythetortoise

Always makes me chuckle when I see folk taking it too seriously. I should put on a disclaimer

"The Clashfinder is for amusement only  and intended as a taster, not a replacement, for the program to come. Other, equally inaccurate wild guesses are available."

Actually, I won't be making any changes for a while. I'm getting blocked from Clashfinder with "NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Your connection is not private". Are you getting the same?

No idea what that means but its enough to frighten me off til fixed. 

2 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Always makes me chuckle when I see folk taking it too seriously. I should put on a disclaimer

"The Clashfinder is for amusement only  and intended as a taster, not a replacement, for the program to come. Other, equally inaccurate wild guesses are available."

Actually, I won't be making any changes for a while. I'm getting blocked from Clashfinder with "NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Your connection is not private". Are you getting the same?

No idea what that means but its enough to frighten me off til fixed. 

On chrome I get that, so tried Opera and it works fine

6 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Thanks for the tip - unfortunately having the same problem with Opera. I'll probably handle this in the way I do all IT problems. Ignore it for a couple of days and hope it goes away

HYTTIOATIBOA?

23 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

HYTTIOATIBOA?

Er...Have you tried to open another tab in Bournemouth on Acid....

nope, that's all I've got

So I tried googling it, but all I came up with is a 40ft prehistoric snake. Not entirely improbable as a Convoy Cabaret headliner, but I doubt it was what was meant either, so am none the wiser

2 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Er...Have you tried to open another tab in Bournemouth on Acid....

nope, that's all I've got

So I tried googling it, but all I came up with is a 40ft prehistoric snake. Not entirely improbable as a Convoy Cabaret headliner, but I doubt it was what was meant either, so am none the wiser

:D

Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?

14 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

:D

Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?

Needs to be done cos the Clashfinder has a new stage that needs adding.

THE ACADEMY OF MUSICS ONE BIG SHOW CASE

In no specific order we are delighted to welcome Devon Soul and Jazz band ORLATA, Newcastle rock punk act CHAIN THE PHOENIX, folk singer JAKE HOLT, singer songwriter AMY HOPKINSON, rowdy garage act THE QUINCIES, metal soul band SPIDASENSE, electro pop act F.O.X, political punk band RISKEE &RIDICULE, Kent singer songwriter WILL WHISSON, Edinburgh pop act INDIGOVELVET, reggae act TIMBALIMEGHAN ABBOTT, acoustic singer KARA JADEGAV HAMILTON, post punk band WISH HOUNDS, rock band POISON CROW, alternative rock band HUMAN  X, funk band SCHEMA, rock band BLEEDINNOSES, Cuban folk band SWANVESTA SOCIAL CLUB, indie band PAISLEYSUNDAE, PATTERN PUSHER, funk rock act WINNIE & THE ROCKETTES, electro funk band THE WINACHI TRIBE, acoustic duo KEVIN + SHAUN, acoustic singer CONNOR THOMAS, singer songwriter MADDIE WHITTAKER, folk duo SAM RYANCONNOR WALSH, pop troupe THE SEAGULLS, acoustic Americana band BROKEN BONES MATILDA, punk act TENSHEDS, London pop rock act BARONGOODLOVE & THE DREADFUL NOISE, rock band LONGY & THE GOSPEL TRASH, indie act PATERSANI and SHY BILLY.