Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

3 minutes ago, The 38 year old virgin said:

Just booked tickets for this last night, been going to latitude on and off for 7 or 8 years, and I'm a bit fed up with it tbh. What's the vibe like?is it family friendly? Robert plant, after wowing at Glastonbury a few years ago was a massive pull for me. 

You have made a wise choice. The vibe is perfect, very family friendly.

Put in simple terms, all festivals should be like Bearded Theory.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, The 38 year old virgin said:

Just booked tickets for this last night, been going to latitude on and off for 7 or 8 years, and I'm a bit fed up with it tbh. What's the vibe like?is it family friendly? Robert plant, after wowing at Glastonbury a few years ago was a massive pull for me. 

I've done Latitude and Bearded, obviously it's down to personal taste but I didn't go back to Latitude (I won the tickets) but this will be my 6th Bearded.

I enjoyed Latitude, particularly the comedy, thought it had a 'nice' atmosphere but I found it all a bit corporate and it exceeded the middle class reputation it already had. From what I've read, it seems to have gone even more in that direction. It felt like a festival in Centre Parcs. I would return but the lineup would have to be very good.

I've never taken my own kids to Bearded (at least not until the eldest was old enough to carry his own beer) but I'd say it was very family friendly, seems plenty for kids of all ages to do when you walk past the area and they even have the Ofsted approved school thing on the Friday so you can take the kids out of school (though I believe it's book up).  

There's a family/quiet camping area but it's not like the rest of the campsite is on a par with Reading. The general vibe is great, all smiles, take your own beer, cheap bars, great music, excellent recycling program and they've just said that this year all cups, plates, cutlery and straws will be made from recyclable material. The comparison I always make is that it's like the Avalon area at Glastonbury.

Typing this has just reminded me of the one time I saw it nearly kick off. Walking past the main bar last year, I noticed a lot of people had stopped and were watching something going on. One lad was having a go at someone else, looked like it might come to blows but his girlfriend/Mrs dragged him out where she promptly laid into him, calling him all the stupid names under the sun with the occasional slap around the head. He walked off suitable chastened :D

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Headliner tonight!

1 hour ago, ciderbus said:

ooh ta, hadn't spotted that. Much earlier than expected then.

Its a strong lineup whoever. You can quote me on that when I'm moaning later!

and we still have the new stage to announce as well.

Bearded Theory gets better and better.

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, Curlygirl said:

Any one of you lovelies responsible for the Spotify playlist by DICKDUDE? What a username ;) 

Smashing playlist, thank you whoever it was!

Following a couple now. Getting pretty excited for this!

The theme - does everyone really get into this?