Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

On 17/01/2018 at 7:16 PM, BlackHole2006 said:

On the whole it’s mainly just wishful thinking - but they’d be a good fit with all the Britpop/guitar bands on the Friday.

Also last year organiser Rich said that a band from Florida was headlining on Friday and it turned out to be Skunk Anansie! 

I think he gave us a clue by saying florida's biggest export. which is skunk :lol:

Me pal said he's going with the flaming lips! This would just be too good. Too good to be true. But 'flamin' amazing.. sorry pun 

Has Frank Turner been counted out now? He'd be a quality booking in my humble opinion 

14 hours ago, Perks said:

Me pal said he's going with the flaming lips! This would just be too good. Too good to be true. But 'flamin' amazing.. sorry pun 

Has Frank Turner been counted out now? He'd be a quality booking in my humble opinion 

I've tried with Flaming Lips but just don't get drawn in, so from a purely selfish point of view, I hope it's not them (though there's enough to keep me more than happy already so I'm not complaining, whoever it is).

I don't believe Frank has been ruled out by BT but the quote pre Plant announcement that the headliners were  "one on a full UK exclusive and the other only doing a few UK shows." means that whoever it is, is the UK exclusive. Even if that's UK Festival Exclusive, I can't see Frank not playing any others. So, sadly, it ain't going to be him. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I don't believe Frank has been ruled out by BT but the quote pre Plant announcement that the headliners were  "one on a full UK exclusive and the other only doing a few UK shows." means that whoever it is, is the UK exclusive. Even if that's UK Festival Exclusive, I can't see Frank not playing any others. So, sadly, it ain't going to be him. 

I wouldn't read anything into that.. The original quote, verbatim, was "We have two very good bands who are totally different, one on a full UK exclusive and the other only doing a few UK shows. One being BT on its own and the other shows later in the year" - the Plant announcement already contradicts this as his other (announced) show is the same weekend as BT rather than later in the year. So either something changed or BT forgot/weren't aware of the Bath show.

1 hour ago, incident said:

I wouldn't read anything into that.. The original quote, verbatim, was "We have two very good bands who are totally different, one on a full UK exclusive and the other only doing a few UK shows. One being BT on its own and the other shows later in the year" - the Plant announcement already contradicts this as his other (announced) show is the same weekend as BT rather than later in the year. So either something changed or BT forgot/weren't aware of the Bath show.

Good point, I didn't pick up on that bit. Who knows? As long as it's not bloody UB40 again :D

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Good point, I didn't pick up on that bit. Who knows? As long as it's not bloody UB40 again :D

Doesn't Ali Campbell sing with one of the bands already announced? Radio Riddler I think.

Not that it means anything but if he is there on Friday anyway.

24 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Doesn't Ali Campbell sing with one of the bands already announced? Radio Riddler I think.

Not that it means anything but if he is there on Friday anyway.

I had to look that up out of fear.

Apparently it's the other 2 from FLC but Campbell does guest on the album.

Purple Reggae is their debut full length album and is 5 years in the making. Purple Reggae is a Reggae/Dub cover album of Prince's Purple Rain soundtrack in its entirety. Guest vocalists on the songs include Suggs (Madness), Ali Campbell (UB40), Sinead O'Connor, Citizen Cope, Beverley Knight and Deborah Bonham (sister of legendary drummer John Bonham). The release is scheduled for last week of June, 2014 to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the release of Purple Rain.

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I had to look that up out of fear.

Apparently it's the other 2 from FLC but Campbell does guest on the album.

Purple Reggae is their debut full length album and is 5 years in the making. Purple Reggae is a Reggae/Dub cover album of Prince's Purple Rain soundtrack in its entirety. Guest vocalists on the songs include Suggs (Madness), Ali Campbell (UB40), Sinead O'Connor, Citizen Cope, Beverley Knight and Deborah Bonham (sister of legendary drummer John Bonham). The release is scheduled for last week of June, 2014 to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the release of Purple Rain.

Be afraid

On 19 January 2018 at 12:19 PM, Gnomicide said:

I've tried with Flaming Lips but just don't get drawn in, so from a purely selfish point of view, I hope it's not them (though there's enough to keep me more than happy already so I'm not complaining, whoever it is).

I love the flaming lips, their set at Glastonbury on the Friday last year was stunning. Beautiful. It just worked. Think they'd be perfect for BT

just looking at the line up again, it really is amazing the acts they attract, it's gonna be a great festival, is it May yet?

47 minutes ago, Perks said:

I love the flaming lips, their set at Glastonbury on the Friday last year was stunning. Beautiful. It just worked. Think they'd be perfect for BT

just looking at the line up again, it really is amazing the acts they attract, it's gonna be a great festival, is it May yet?

Flaming Lips... surely this is too much to hope..?

agreed, last years performance at Glastonbury was just joyous..

12 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Flaming Lips... surely this is too much to hope..?

agreed, last years performance at Glastonbury was just joyous..

Yeah I think so too, me pal put it in my head, he's convincing himself it's gonna happen. I'm not so sure, but it would be amazing.

Hi does anyone know if it’s ok to pitch a tent next to a caravan?

Never been in camper van/caravan bit so wasn’t sure. Friends are taking their van down so was considering pitching alongside to claim a cuppa in a morning ☕️

I know some festivals are fine with that but I don’t want to irritate anyone if there’s not enough space/it’s not allowed.

2 hours ago, ciderbus said:

Never been in camper van/caravan bit so wasn’t sure. Friends are taking their van down so was considering pitching alongside to claim a cuppa in a morning ☕️

I know some festivals are fine with that but I don’t want to irritate anyone if there’s not enough space/it’s not allowed.

We do this every year with our caravan... 

we have the caravan, a full awning, and then put a tent in front of the awning (beside the car) for my daughter and her boyfriend..

however, we do all travel in together in the same car.. i think it may be a challenge if you travel seperately.

17 hours ago, ciderbus said:

The official line is small tent or awning, there was a lot of discussion about it last year on their own forum or facebook page(cant remember which)

On 21/01/2018 at 8:46 PM, BlueDaze said:

We do this every year with our caravan... 

we have the caravan, a full awning, and then put a tent in front of the awning (beside the car) for my daughter and her boyfriend..

however, we do all travel in together in the same car.. i think it may be a challenge if you travel seperately.

** please ignore this earlier advice **

i thought i was posting in the Latitude forum..... Doh.!

first year at Bearded Theory for me... the way i read it, only a small awning or small tent...

apologies for mis-infomation.

3 hours ago, ollyrag said:

A little help if possible. Perhaps if my old mate Paul(TM) is lurking he can help.

Trying to get in touch with organisers regarding a carers pass / ticket.

E-mailed the site and fb group - as yet no answer. 

Any help appreciated.

Be patient, takes about a week to get a reply, I know they said they had a meeting about accessible camping last weekend.