Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

On 06/01/2018 at 10:12 AM, spudthemariner said:

Rich has said on a thread on the BT Chat site on Facebook that 'We have two very good bands who are totally different, one on a full UK exclusive and the other only doing a few UK shows. One being BT on its own and the other shows later in the year'!

Plant is the one only doing a few shows (BT and Bath), so the other is the UK exclusive. Exciting times.

12 minutes ago, Shanndy said:

I’ve a hunch it’ll be The Flaming Lips

Shut the front door.!

i saw Flamings Lips for the first time last year on The Park at Glastonbury.. It was just joyous..

The only fault was that they headlined on Friday and so, nothing got anywhere close to matching them for the rest of the weekend.. I wish they had closed the festival on Sunday..

I would love it to happen but sadly cant see it coming to pass..

They said over on the bt forum its going to be a younger act than plant and cliff :lol: so it could be anyone really.

The friday has an indie/britpop feel to it so they could be going down that route.

Shed seven or something like that would fit the friday.

On 1/14/2018 at 11:45 AM, Gnomicide said:

so the other is the UK exclusive. Exciting times.

Here's the thing I don't get. Given that the act has been confirmed, the only other reason for delaying the announcement is a concern that it might compromise sales of their other dates. If this really is a UK exclusive, then there are no other dates to be compromised - so why not say?

Not having a moan, you understand, just puzzled.

13 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Here's the thing I don't get. Given that the act has been confirmed, the only other reason for delaying the announcement is a concern that it might compromise sales of their other dates. If this really is a UK exclusive, then there are no other dates to be compromised - so why not say?

I think they said it was a “UK Festival Exclusive” rather than a completely exclusive UK live date...

Still no idea who it is though!

My friend is convinced it’s The Streets...however they are probably too big, don’t really fit in the music style and have already sold out their live dates in April. I didn’t convey this to her though, because she seems really excited by the prospect.

1 hour ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Prob just dotting and the I 's and crossing the T's before making it public

2 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

I think they said it was a “UK Festival Exclusive” rather than a completely exclusive UK live date...

Still no idea who it is though!

My friend is convinced it’s The Streets...however they are probably too big, don’t really fit in the music style and have already sold out their live dates in April. I didn’t convey this to her though, because she seems really excited by the prospect.

I'm thinking the same as The Red Telephone and it will be a UK Festival Exclusive. Can't see it being The Streets as I'm also not at all sure they fit in musically (though admittedly I only know a couple of songs). If they are someone who is touring their own shows, it makes you wonder when they are. Are they currently on tour or due out later in the year? In which case, at what point is it decided the festival dates can be announced without impacting sales?

Or it could be like that's not the reason at all and like @ivansays, they're just nailing down the finer details of the contract.

All in all. I've not a clue what's going on. Good innit?

On 12/01/2018 at 7:02 PM, glastonburynoodles said:

So Robert Plant... some of the group will be happy

As a fellow Wolves fan, I do hope we've been promoted by then and don't have to endure the play-offs. The final is on 26th May, the same day Planty is headlining.

On 1/15/2018 at 6:02 PM, BlackHole2006 said:

My money is on Franz Ferdinand, would be quite chuffed with that to be honest! 

No complaints from me either, but do you really think so? On the forum BT say "we are planning to go younger due to the age of the current 2 headliners". Granted Alex Kapranos is younger than Robert Plant (who isn't?) but he's in his mid-forties, so hardly younger. 

Nice idea, though - what makes you think so?

6 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

No complaints from me either, but do you really think so? On the forum BT say "we are planning to go younger due to the age of the current 2 headliners". Granted Alex Kapranos is younger than Robert Plant (who isn't?) but he's in his mid-forties, so hardly younger. 

Nice idea, though - what makes you think so?

On the whole it’s mainly just wishful thinking - but they’d be a good fit with all the Britpop/guitar bands on the Friday.

Also last year organiser Rich said that a band from Florida was headlining on Friday and it turned out to be Skunk Anansie! 

2 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

On the whole it’s mainly just wishful thinking - but they’d be a good fit with all the Britpop/guitar bands on the Friday.

Also last year organiser Rich said that a band from Florida was headlining on Friday and it turned out to be Skunk Anansie! 

Fair enough

In the spirit of wild guesses and wishful thinking my vote goes to John Shuttleworth. A field full of the pierced and the tatted singing along to Pigeons in Flight would be worth the price of admission alone.