Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

2 hours ago, man next door said:

anyone know if we are due an announcement soon?

From the facebook posts of one of the organisers.. Hopefully yes. They're intending to send out a newsletter with most of the rest of the linup before Christmas, either on the 15th or the 22nd.

Comedy added in the Woodland - should be different if nothing else

Friday night we welcome TOM WRIGGLESWORTH, a multi award winning comedian who is best known for his live storytelling shows and BBC Radio comedy programmes which take a comical and emotional look at family. Master of mayhem, prop lunatic WES ZAHARUK, takes audience on a joy-ride of frenzy machine-gun anarchic physical comedy routines and maniac physical audience interaction. relationships. Winner of the first ever Jongleurs Competition and a seasoned regular on the circuit SUSAN MURRAY, who has emerged as one of the best female stand-ups in the UK. ROB MULLHOLLAND is genre-defying, boundary-pushing and outright hilarious, mastering the art of exaggerated anger. The evening will be compered by SULLY O’SULLIVAN who might just be the most successful Kiwi Stand-up you’ve never heard of.

Saturday, we are joined by sstylishly shirted, Yorkshire-born SCOTT BENNETT delivers wry observations on the absurdity of modern living, Britain’s Best Comedy Mind Reader DOUG SEGAL, musical comedy act DUNCAN OAKLEY and festival favorite SEAN PERCIVAL who has performed at the Edinburgh, Download, Reading, Leeds and Sonisphere festivals and as an established headliner he plays regularly at all major comedy clubs around the UK. Compered by Geordie comic BARRY DODD’S.

13 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Excellent news. Where was this?

Found it. Not sure if they were supposed to let the cat out the bag or not but they've put up the Maui Waui line-up poster. Delighted to see Urban Voodoo Machine are playing.Screenshot_20171217-102128.thumb.png.0bff4949f01d6622d990fa407a7acd94.png

Screenshot_20171217-101035.png

Edited by Gnomicide

58 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Delighted to see Urban Voodoo Machine are playing.

Donkey's years since I last saw them - a welcome addition, as you say, and I was pleased to see some new names in there. Having googled a few, there's a high quota of of fiddle/accordion balkan knees up stuff again, which doesn't really float my boat, but I guess that's the Maui Waui USP so fair play to them.

That said, searching on "Steam Chicken" and "Water for Dogs" leads only to chickens and dogs, so they might yet prove to be the doves amongst crows that I'm hoping for.

3 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Donkey's years since I last saw them - a welcome addition, as you say, and I was pleased to see some new names in there. Having googled a few, there's a high quota of of fiddle/accordion balkan knees up stuff again, which doesn't really float my boat, but I guess that's the Maui Waui USP so fair play to them.

That said, searching on "Steam Chicken" and "Water for Dogs" leads only to chickens and dogs, so they might yet prove to be the doves amongst crows that I'm hoping for.

and the word 'band' to searches on Youtube and you should find them OK.

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Found it. Not sure if they were supposed to let the cat out the bag or not but they've put up the Maui Waui line-up poster. Delighted to see Urban Voodoo Machine are playing.Screenshot_20171217-102128.thumb.png.0bff4949f01d6622d990fa407a7acd94.png

Screenshot_20171217-101035.png

Yeah soz, wrote that on my mobile and couldn't find the original photo. I'll definitely be there. I'm hoping Kangaroo Moon get announced at some point, then my void of regular Glastonbury performers will be filled for next year. (Obviously Lekiddo has to be a shoe in for the new Circus Tent). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Yeah soz, wrote that on my mobile and couldn't find the original photo. I'll definitely be there. I'm hoping Kangaroo Moon get announced at some point, then my void of regular Glastonbury performers will be filled for next year. (Obviously Lekiddo has to be a shoe in for the new Circus Tent). 

Then just need Beans on Toast, Hobo and Billy Bragg added and it may as well be Glastonbury. 

29 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Of course, we'll all want to know, but will never find out, who that headliner might have been

Guessing it must've been an American act or some other far afield country and now not worth their while coming over to Europe.

The line about contacting a newbie and maybe being able to still announce them at 7 worries me that it may be Levellers again. I mean, I'd probably watch them but they weren't great last time.

Anyway, still excited to see who they announce. Already a cracking looking lineup.

We hope you all have an amazing festive period and enjoy time with your family and friends. Thank you for your continued support and for still reading our newsletters. It would be great to see you next spring at the festival but if you are attending or not we wish you the very best for 2018.

This our Christmas newsletter and that means we are doing some announcing. We had anticipated to announce our contracted Friday headliner but sadly they cancelled last week due to another European show pulling out and rendering the opportunity financially unviable. That said we have headliners for Friday and Saturday sorted but cannot announce now until the first week of January. We are planning some crazy stuff next year and we will be a UK first to have an explosive dance floor which is being done in the Pallet arena joining the world largest glitter ball.

On Sunday, JAKE BUGG will support previously announced JIMMY CLIFF and celebrating his 10th anniversary since playing at Bearded Theory in 2009. Jake this time will bring a full band with him. A lot has changed for Jake since his 2009 appearance and he has gone onto be a huge name in the music industry, with millions of records sales and countless sold out concerts all over the globe. Emerging rock band SHEAFS open the day up and leaving one band to be announced on the Sunday.

Saturday on the Pallet we have added post-punk band THE IDLES, who are growing in stature by the day and we have fought off various exclusives from some major festivals in order to secure the booking. Scottish singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist KERRI WATT joins the billing and opens the day up nicely for those suffering with sore heads.

Finally, on Friday we welcome reggae band RADIO RIDDLER (look beyond purple covers) and alternative indie band OCTOBER DRIFT gets things underway. We have added Irish dance act KING KONG COMPANY to the Thursday Pallet line up and Jon Mcclure will be doing a DJ set and other stuff in the Woodland joining the Don Letts takeover party .

Saturday night in the Woodland is headlined by rockers THERAPY? (electric) and Sunday’s legendary closing set on the Woodland will be performed by GENTLEMANS DUB CLUB. They do exactly what it says on the tin. They will bring the festivals 11th year to a brilliant end. We also welcome back the fixture of the festival and they have been around longer than any beard grown since we started and that is 3 DAFT MONKEYS. We thought about ending the tradition after year 10 but we simply couldn’t do it and they will play a special set in the Woodland on Saturday. Female rock band PINS and alternative indie band MYOKE join Friday. Brighton trio RPMs join Saturday and electric comedy act MIK ARTISTIK`S EGO TRIP, resident skiffle band PLEASE Y SELF and young punk band LIFE.

With all the above taken into account let’s have a look at those all-important running orders (we stole this comment from Match of Day).

FRIDAY

TBA - V SOON
Jesus & Mary Chain
The Coral
Sleeper
Radio Riddler
Show of Hands
Shimmer Band
October Drift

SATURDAY

TBA
SLEAFORD MODS 
Fun Loving Criminals
The Idles
UK Subs
Random Hand
Tide Lines
Kerri Watt

SUNDAY

JIMMY CLIFF
Jake Bugg
TBA
Dubioza Kolektiv 
Crazyhead
Rum Jacks
Everly Pregnant Brothers
Sheafs

WOODLAND

FRIDAY

MILBURN
Jesus Jones
Pins
Rews
Jeramiah Ferrari
Bar Stool Preachers
Pizza Tramp
Brandy Thieves
Myoke

SATURDAY

THERAPY?
Will Varley
3 Daft Monkeys
Lucy Spraggon
Blue Rose Code
Holy Moly & the Crackers
The RPMs
Jake & the Jellyfish
The Autumn Saints
Cara Means Friend

SUNDAY

GENTLEMAN’S DUB CLUB
Ruts DC
Life
Mick Artistiks Ego Trip
Millie Manders & the Shut Up
Please Y Self Skiffle Band
Bar Steward Sons of Val Doonican
Keefs Uke Jam

THURSDAY

THE PALLET

REVEREND & THE MAKERS
The Whip
Back to the Planet
King Kong Company
Skaciety

WOODLAND

The Don Lets takeover featuring Funk Nation DJ`s, Jon McClure & more.

WOODLAND COMEDY NIGHTS

We finally bring comedy to the Woodland Stage for the first time in 2018 and we are delighted to have secured some amazing comedians for Friday and Saturday night. Comedians will take to the stage after the music has finished at midnight and provide you with another option for your late-night antics.

Friday night we welcome TOM WRIGGLESWORTH, a multi award winning comedian who is best known for his live storytelling shows and BBC Radio comedy programmes which take a comical and emotional look at family. Master of mayhem, prop lunatic WES ZAHARUK, takes audience on a joy-ride of frenzy machine-gun anarchic physical comedy routines and maniac physical audience interaction. relationships. Winner of the first ever Jongleurs Competition and a seasoned regular on the circuit SUSAN MURRAY, who has emerged as one of the best female stand-ups in the UK. ROB MULLHOLLANDis genre-defying, boundary-pushing and outright hilarious, mastering the art of exaggerated anger. The evening will be compered by SULLY O'SULLIVAN who might just be the most successful Kiwi Stand-up you've never heard of.

Saturday, we are joined by sstylishly shirted, Yorkshire-born SCOTT BENNETTdelivers wry observations on the absurdity of modern living, Britain's Best Comedy Mind Reader DOUG SEGAL, musical comedy act DUNCAN OAKLEYand festival favorite SEAN PERCIVAL who has performed at the Edinburgh, Download, Reading, Leeds and Sonisphere festivals and as an established headliner he plays regularly at all major comedy clubs around the UK. Compered by Geordie comic BARRY DODD’S.

CONVOY CABARET

Convoy Cabaret bring their usual mayhem and madness to the Woodland Walk once again celebrating their 3rd year at the festival. The Convoy crew are hard at work putting together the final pieces of their 2018 line up, but we are delighted we can announce some of the acts appearing.

Friday is headlined by RADICAL DANCE FACTION, Saturday night by MY BAD SISTER and Sunday by P.A.I.N. They are joined by ONE EYED GOD, ANTHRAX, 51ST STATE, THE BLUNDERS, FLAP SANDWICH, CHRIS THE POET, SWEETHEARTS, MY BAD SISTER, CLUSTERFUCK, HAGAR THE WOMB, CIRCUS INSANE, DEAD HAPPY, DOGHOUSE, MONSTEROMETER, TRAV CHAV, UKULELE SUBS, BILLY THE SQUARE, SPORADICS, THE MAJESTIC, MAD DOG COLLECTIVE, PUNK KAREOKE, FORBSY, HERBY JACK and loads more to be announced.

MAUI WAUI

The funk, soul and swing party return for the third year and they have delivered humdinger of a line up. Reggae funk band CRINKLE CUTS headline Friday, swing band MAMA JERK & THE LADY FINGERS, folk rock band THE VAGABAND, rock act THE LAST GREAT DREAMERS, funk band THE HIGH POINTS and blues band HOT TRAMP.

Saturday is headlined by festival favorites THE URBAN VOODOO MACHINEand joined by swing band LOUNGE CAT IDEALS, rock poet MIK'S ARTISTIK EGO TRIP, jazz rockers PUNCH THE SKY, ska funk act THE WOODEN MEN, jazz hip hop act LIT FM, ceilidh-swing and jazz roots band STEAM CHICKEN, folk band SHACKLETON TRIO and singer songwriter KIRK MCELHINNEY.

Electronic dance act JENOVA COLLECTIVE headline Sunday and tagging along are cow punk act RHINO & THE RANTERS, blues folk act MISTA BEAT, gypsy funksters KLONK!, Celtic folk band AARTWORK, folk dance act DELTA BELTAand dance and folk band MAN THE LIFE BOATS

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

So... made up with Gentleman's Dub Club, Therapy? and 2 shows from Mik. Very intrigued to know if it is the actual Anthrax playing 3rd down in Convoy Caberet. Surely not.

My guess would be on this
https://anthraxuk.bandcamp.com/track/anthrax-beg-society

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

That seems a LOT more likely. 

54 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Did you notice that the Rews have been moved? The scheduling Gods must be looking down kindly on you

I hadn't, marvellous!