Bearded Theory 2018

BlackHole2006

4 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

5000 (50%) of tickets sold within a couple days. This year will sell out a lot quicker, first announcement end of month should shift a fair old amount too.

That's crazy - it definitely feels as though the festival has gone up a couple of notches this last year or two. 

They have a solid support and fan base - they deserve it too, brilliantly ran festival.

hope not too much changes....

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, man next door said:

That's crazy - it definitely feels as though the festival has gone up a couple of notches this last year or two. 

They have a solid support and fan base - they deserve it too, brilliantly ran festival.

hope not too much changes....

I suspect that the combination of great feedback / reviews, The fact that its a 4 dayer and no Glastonbury next year will indeed see a much earlier sellout next year. I'd be surprised if there are many tickets left by Christmas.... Got ours the other day!

First time for me next year and really looking forward to it... The reviews on the general vibe and ethos are great.. Im not hugely fussed who is on, there will always be something to watch and do.

Taking the caravan. Anyone out there with previous experience can offer guidance.? It appears that the full size awning is a no-go ?

10 years of Glastonbury caravan fields behind me, how does the experience compare?

On 9/11/2017 at 11:56 AM, The Red Telephone said:

Didn't realise you had to register for the school until it was too late! Looks like there will plenty of other stuff on to keep my 5 year-old amused though

There will be, this year a mini children's village was running on the Friday when the school was running, then the whole children's village area comes to life on the Saturday & Sunday, there's always loads on and it's all free of charge in there :) , there's always been good workshops (extra cost may apply but I've always found it to be good value) dotted around the rest of the site too, and the fairground is also a big hit with my kids (reasonably priced there too) - normally used to bribe them when they act up too!

• Upvote 1

On 17/09/2017 at 5:38 PM, jamj said:

There will be, this year a mini children's village was running on the Friday when the school was running, then the whole children's village area comes to life on the Saturday & Sunday, there's always loads on and it's all free of charge in there :) , there's always been good workshops (extra cost may apply but I've always found it to be good value) dotted around the rest of the site too, and the fairground is also a big hit with my kids (reasonably priced there too) - normally used to bribe them when they act up too!

Cheers Jamj!

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully some line up news in the next week or so according to this on their forum last week

Tucked discreetly within the Sept 9th news is the following

"Thank you for your support and our first line-up announcement will be within a month."

So I'm thinking this means we will be hearing something shortly, Yes?

ya bugger  Grin Grin Grin 

Should have something by 9th October, so within a month, things are moving now and we are holding off sending an announcement as we would like one headliner included within it, 2 Pallet headliners are very close and the 3rd is a possible. Friday nights possible headliner will be a similar fee to that of Madness (prob will end up more).

Woodland no headliners in as yet but one very close and 2 offers out elsewhere.

On 10/3/2017 at 2:42 PM, tjamest said:

Hopefully some line up news in the next week or so according to this on their forum last week

Can't wait for the announcements, and I'm liking the idea of the new introducing stage that was announced on twitter too, it's always our first fest of the year.......so now the seasons have changed it's snuggle down and wait for bearded town! B)

On 03/10/2017 at 2:42 PM, tjamest said:

Tucked discreetly within the Sept 9th news is the following

"Thank you for your support and our first line-up announcement will be within a month."

So I'm thinking this means we will be hearing something shortly, Yes?

ya bugger  Grin Grin Grin 

Should have something by 9th October, so within a month, things are moving now and we are holding off sending an announcement as we would like one headliner included within it, 2 Pallet headliners are very close and the 3rd is a possible. Friday nights possible headliner will be a similar fee to that of Madness (prob will end up more).

Woodland no headliners in as yet but one very close and 2 offers out elsewhere.

*checks calender*

See you tomorrow then.

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Bloody hell. This is all your fault then?

I just noticed that they had casually said "news within a month" in one of the their newsletters, so on the basis that newsletter came out of the 9th of Sept, I impishly assumed October 9th was the big day on the Bearded Forum. This was in jest more than hope, really, hence their response - "ya bugger" - as quoted above, as they obviously already regretted nailing themselves down like that.  I seem to remember last year that announcements always turned up later than they "promised", which I think comes from their enthusiasm to share news as soon as possible, which comes a cropper when things don't get sorted as soon as they thought.

Anyhows, they are now saying 6th Nov on their forum, which is specific enough to make me think it's the date a headliner gets confirmed, but it may just be because they're nice people and they've been asked and they're trying to be as informative as possible. I'm certainly not holding my breath, keen though I am to know.

haha this is how Team BT works. I think they're keen to get announcing, they must get asked daily "when is there going to be an  announcement?" - "go and book xxx expensive band" - "can I bring my dog?"

They're a small team, doing it in their spare time - I have to keep telling myself this when asking about announcements, bands and my dog.

In short - don't be expecting an announcement on the 9th, it'll happen when they're ready which is one of the things I love about BT, this is pure DIY and long may it continue.

• Like 1

totally agree, when they say an announcement date (or some other bugger does! :P) I've learned not to get too excited about it........and just trust they'll deliver an absolute belter in their own good time.....they've never failed me yet! :D (this was from years of checking, checking, and checking again....day and night!......for weeks!)

12 hours ago, jamj said:

totally agree, when they say an announcement date (or some other bugger does! :P) I've learned not to get too excited about it........and just trust they'll deliver an absolute belter in their own good time.....they've never failed me yet! :D (this was from years of checking, checking, and checking again....day and night!......for weeks!)

ha - yeah - same

It's a habit I'll determined to break this year. 

All the festivals will announce all their lineups, when the'yre ready, it'll be fine, and my checking every 2 minutes won't help at all...

not having any early birds for the first time in about 10 years helps!

• 3 weeks later...