DareToDibble

Acts you don't "get"

15 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

I've seen him twice as support for bands and he's been really bad both times; felt he tried too hard to get the crowd to respond. Yet there was always people near the front who were massively into him. Baffling.

I thought he was really good at Glasto. It was 2am in Shangri La, though, so I probably would have danced to a fax machine.

• Upvote 2

The 1975

This thread makes me feel less guilty - went to Glastonbury & Rock Werchter and ran away from all the headliners - I just don't get Foos (ugh, I can't stay awake), Radiohead (ok, so Creep is good, but they stole that one), Linkin Park (I know, I feel really bad about that one), Kings of Leon (now they've lost their cajun style stuff, I tried, I really did). And as for Biffy effing Clyro. While we're at it - Muse - people love them, I just hear MOR bollocks.

But, then again, I bung "my" music on and all my mates howl. I'm dragging my daughter kicking and screaming to see Sisters of Mercy next weekend - absolutely no one I know wants to go. At least the wife is up for Mark Lanegan...

Edited by hfuhruhurr

3 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

At least the wife is up for Mark Lanegan...

errr.....better keep an eye on her then :D (sorry couldn't resist that!)

• Upvote 1

Not an act, this one. Just a song. Despacito.

I hated it when it first came out and that hatred has just got worse and worse. How it stayed number 1 for 12 (?) weeks is absolutely beyond me. I don't mind some of the stuff in the charts but that is the worst song I have heard in many, many years. Absolute load of old shite.

Kasabian.  Their songs are bland and to be honest they just piss me off.  Not overly keen on Blur either, don't mind one or two of their songs but don't really get it.  Finally, Mumford and Sons.  How/why they ever headlined Glastonbury is beyond me.

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I hated it when it first came out and that hatred has just got worse and worse. How it stayed number 1 for 12 (?) weeks is absolutely beyond me. I don't mind some of the stuff in the charts but that is the worst song I have heard in many, many years. Absolute load of old shite.

Honestly haven't got a clue what this song is.... am I doing well to have let it pass me by? ;)

4 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

See also the equivalent for last summer, that One Dance dross by Drake.

Better than that one about the fish that 57 different people feature on.

14 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I like the fish song :ph34r: compared to Despatchio and One Dance, at least.

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

What?! It's a certified banger! 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's the better version.....but I suspect the one that's more ubiquitous is the remix featuring Justin Bieber.

This version has nearly 3.5 billion views and on it's way to breaking Youtube records for most viewed video. . Even Bieber can not outsell a Latino hit. ;)

Bloc Party. I mean, what is that about?

Posh people bands. You know the ones. 

39 minutes ago, UEF said:

Bloc Party. I mean, what is that about?

Posh people bands. You know the ones. 

Ah I love the first two Block Party albums. Or did at the time at least. Might revisit this afternoon. 

Eagles of Death Metal - all the songs basically sound the same, and the frontman really showed himself up in the wake of Bataclan. 

Agreed on 22, A Million. Couple of good songs but a fucking annoying album in general. Felt like he was trying too hard to me.

2 hours ago, UEF said:

Eagles of Death Metal - all the songs basically sound the same, and the frontman really showed himself up in the wake of Bataclan. 

I'm a fan but he was showing himself up way before the Bataclan.