DareToDibble

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The Streets.

Alright like, but get over yourselves.

All of social media falling over itself tonight to pretend they were the biggest band in existence before their split has been a bit weird. Don't Mug Yourself is a banger though, and Dry Your Eyes is iconic.

18 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The Streets.

Alright like, but get over yourselves.

When I was a yoof I didn't relate. Used phrases like "mug yourself", "rudeboys" and I felt a million miles away from it. I found Skinner really annoying.

Listened  to original pirate material on the way to work. It isn't for me. His voice doesn't do it for me at all, I find it annoying. Listening more intently the words are generally alright,  but I find it pretty boring to be honest.

20 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

When I was a yoof I didn't relate. Used phrases like "mug yourself", "rudeboys" and I felt a million miles away from it. I found Skinner really annoying.

Listened  to original pirate material on the way to work. It isn't for me. His voice doesn't do it for me at all, I find it annoying. Listening more intently the words are generally alright,  but I find it pretty boring to be honest.

Try A Grand Don't Come For Free from beginning to end, I was genuinely blown away by it when I heard it for the first time.  

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The Foo Fighters.

I like Everlong, Monkey Wrench, My Hero & another that escapes me. I dont get why people are loving them. People were shocked that I didn't watch them on the farm. 

1 dimensional in the extreme.

I watched the Glastonbury gig back & I wasn't impressed. 

Myself and @Wooderson had a conversation at the gig about whether Status Quo were better in 2009. They were. 

On 24/08/2017 at 10:18 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Live videos are how I got what was going on.

There's not much big or obvious to latch onto in their music, for me it all came down to noticing the intricate interplay Bryce and Aaron have going on. From there it all just seemed to make sense, the way all these elements are layered on top of each other, everything's so deliberate. Matt's voice was a huge turnoff when I first listened, but I can't get enough of it now. It's weird, I can't reconcile the songs I'm obsessed with now with being the same songs I thought were unremarkable a couple of years ago.

Agree, I just love the National.  The songwriting is fantastic and musically just brilliant.  I can't get dance music at all, just find it so repetitive.  I also love metal which others probably find repetitive.  Suppose that's what's so great about music 

• 3 weeks later...