Acts you don't "get"

DareToDibble

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Quite abit of prog (not all), think it's down to my attention span, which is why punk is so up my alley

I'm similar to a point, not about wizards playing keyboards, but a lot of the punky/psychy/garagey bands I like are heading towards prog in a way I can get behind, big fan of where Meatbodies are heading for instance.

15 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I'm similar to a point, not about wizards playing keyboards, but a lot of the punky/psychy/garagey bands I like are heading towards prog in a way I can get behind, big fan of where Meatbodies are heading for instance.

Now off to google who Meatbodies are....

I'm a simple man, in terms of metal I can get behind some relatively basic prog like say Tool or Baroness, but when it comes to the likes of Opeth, Dream Theater etc I just get fucking bored

Edited by Steve1000

7 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Now off to google who Meatbodies are....

I'm a simple man, in terms of metal I can get behind some relatively basic prog like say Tool or Baroness, but when it comes to the likes of Opeth, Dream Theater etc I just get fucking bored

Nah I agree, prog has always come across a bit show-offy to me which is fine in doses but gimme a 3 note riff with enough fuzz to knock my teeth out or someone snarling at me over it any day.

The Smiths

Never got it. Winging, moaning, self pitying rubbish (with the notable exception of Marr's input of course)

90% of hiphop. Loads of 'gangsta' blokes with intelligible lyrics, banging on about how great they are and how hard life is when you're on the 'streets'.....all whist they show off their bling and talk about women as pieces of shit.

The XX - sound extremely average to me, I really don't like guy's voice either

Drake - backing tracks sound like elevator music

Everything Everything - just strange....really strange

Liam Gallagher - sings through his nose and acts like a tough nut on stage

DMA's - like a charity shop band

Marshmello - no idea why this geezer is 'popular'

Whinging over :P

2 hours ago, Cammers said:

The XX - sound extremely average to me, I really don't like guy's voice either

agree.. his singing voice and his hair are both extremely irritating. Also what on earth is with that ridiculous swaying about thing he insists on doing on stage? should as big a focus of efestivals mocking as Dave Grohl's running about IMO.

to follow on from that ^ ... there are some pop songs so exquisite that it should be in theory impossible to ruin them, but Oliver and (to a lesser extent) Romy have managed that impossible feat here. Shame cos Jamie does great work as per.

Edited by Zac Quinn

On 04/09/2017 at 4:24 PM, Steve1000 said:

Not sure if it's that I don't get them, but AC/DC are extremely overrated 

As a naive teenager I really loved Zep and Rush and Deep Purple , still do to some extent, but I never got AC/DC.

Naive is Evian spelt backwards.

On 9/6/2017 at 4:38 PM, smudger said:

The Smiths

Never got it. Winging, moaning, self pitying rubbish (with the notable exception of Marr's input of course)

90% of hiphop. Loads of 'gangsta' blokes with intelligible lyrics, banging on about how great they are and how hard life is when you're on the 'streets'.....all whist they show off their bling and talk about women as pieces of shit.

I agree with you about The Smyths, but your opinion  on hiphop shows you up as not having explored the genre properly. There are plenty of hip hop artists who's songs aren't about the stereotypical things.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

I agree with you about The Smyths, but your opinion  on hiphop shows you up as not having explored the genre properly. There are plenty of hip hop artists who's songs aren't about the stereotypical things.

I agree with you about Hip-Hop, but your opinion  on The Smiths shows you up as not having explored the band properly. There are plenty of songs that aren't the stereotypical moaning.

The Darkness , The Streets, Biffy Clyro, The Script, Robbie Williams are things I dislike the most in music.

Also I don't get the Foos or Flaming Lips but I can still tell they are good at what they do.

I never get got The National for a number of years but kept going back to them and then one day it just clicked and they just keep on growing and I now listen to them more than any other band. seeing them in Dublin at the weekend.

quick Edit: Everything Everything are utter shite as well

Edited by dirty_dog