Acts you don't "get"

DareToDibble

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread makes me feel less guilty - went to Glastonbury & Rock Werchter and ran away from all the headliners - I just don't get Foos (ugh, I can't stay awake), Radiohead (ok, so Creep is good, but they stole that one), Linkin Park (I know, I feel really bad about that one), Kings of Leon (now they've lost their cajun style stuff, I tried, I really did). And as for Biffy effing Clyro. While we're at it - Muse - people love them, I just hear MOR bollocks.

But, then again, I bung "my" music on and all my mates howl. I'm dragging my daughter kicking and screaming to see Sisters of Mercy next weekend - absolutely no one I know wants to go. At least the wife is up for Mark Lanegan...

Edited by hfuhruhurr

Not an act, this one. Just a song. Despacito.

I hated it when it first came out and that hatred has just got worse and worse. How it stayed number 1 for 12 (?) weeks is absolutely beyond me. I don't mind some of the stuff in the charts but that is the worst song I have heard in many, many years. Absolute load of old shite.

Kasabian.  Their songs are bland and to be honest they just piss me off.  Not overly keen on Blur either, don't mind one or two of their songs but don't really get it.  Finally, Mumford and Sons.  How/why they ever headlined Glastonbury is beyond me.

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I hated it when it first came out and that hatred has just got worse and worse. How it stayed number 1 for 12 (?) weeks is absolutely beyond me. I don't mind some of the stuff in the charts but that is the worst song I have heard in many, many years. Absolute load of old shite.

Honestly haven't got a clue what this song is.... am I doing well to have let it pass me by? ;)

4 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

See also the equivalent for last summer, that One Dance dross by Drake.

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's the better version.....but I suspect the one that's more ubiquitous is the remix featuring Justin Bieber.

This version has nearly 3.5 billion views and on it's way to breaking Youtube records for most viewed video. . Even Bieber can not outsell a Latino hit. ;)