Acts you don't "get"

DareToDibble

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all sorts of issues with metal.

I think I can 'get' almost any kind of music even when I don't like it and have only bad things to say about it, but a lot of metal I don't get at all - it's like someone gave them an entirely different impression of what music was meant to be about and that it was actually just a competition to play as "loud" and fast as possible.

11 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

I think I can 'get' almost any kind of music even when I don't like it and have only bad things to say about it, but a lot of metal I don't get at all - it's like someone gave them an entirely different impression of what music was meant to be about and that it was actually just a competition to play as "loud" and fast as possible.

**Starts Penguin/Waterfalls stopwatch**

1 hour ago, Homer said:

It's actually quite e-asy when you know how...

I know how but I don't partake.

55 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Like all types of music, there are many sub genres, some like you describe are shocking, others just wonderful.

The same cannot be said for dance music :D

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Like all types of music, there are many sub genres, some like you describe are shocking, others just wonderful.

Is true, and there's some VERY fast and loud rocky stuff I like - it's funny where the lines end up falling

The same cannot be said for dance music :D

I'd love to argue with that, but there is still House music so I can't defend it all wholeheartedly

It depends what you mean by "don't get".

There is music I don't like - but I understand the appeal... Grime for example.

Ed Sheeran springs to mind for me not getting - I don't understand in any way musically, lyrically or performance wise what there is to possibly like. And He's a twat.

I don't get Elbow at all either. Just boring.

3 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

They did actually come to mind. However I wasn't brave enough to put them. :ph34r:

Same here.

I want to like them and quite enjoy the music, but have probably not given them much of a chance as, as soon as Thom starts singing i end up skipping to the next track.

I sort of enjoyed their set in the Park in 2011 and managed about 20 minutes when they headlined Leeds in 09, but they definitely leave me cold.

Edited by tjamest

3 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

I would like to personally congratulate the marketing team behind DUA LIPA and Charli XCX 

Charli XCX is clearly not valued by her label and marketed extremely poorly. It's not like she's a massive act, any success she has was made herself by writing massive bangers and having completely boundless energy; never sits still and always experiments with new sounds. She's only 25 years old, and most bands active longer than she's been alive don't have even a fraction of the bangers she has in her back catalogue.

Kate Tempest is ultimate cringe