Acts you don't "get"

DareToDibble

I was having a chat with some of my friends the other day and we got talking about musical acts that everyone seems love but we don't really get the appeal of them.

I think my main ones have to be Florence & The Machine, Wolf Alice and Slaves. Florence especially is a massive act but I've struggled to get into the music (and I've tried a few times!). Ben Howard is another one, although I don't hear too much of him at the moment. I went to one of his gigs as a friend had a spare ticket and can honestly say it was one of the worst I've been to.

Was wondering if there are any acts similar to this for you guys? - I expect to see Ed Sheeran and Coldplay listed a lot!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father John Misty. It's alright like but don't really get it. Saw most of him at glasto this year and it was my least favourite of the weekend, I'd rather be spat on by an energetic punk band than lazily patronized by a not-as-deep-as-he-thinks-he-is douche.

My dad loved it though and I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt, I must have missed something.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Springsteen. I can see and appreciate that he's talented, technically proficient and a decent songwriter. His music just does nothing for me at all.

Most of Pink Floyd, with Comfortably Numb as the exception, again does nothing for me.

Another one for Springsteen here.

He was absolutely dire in 2009, like, shockingly bad. 

25 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Pretty much all of the above but especially Florence as her voice is like fingernails scraping down a chalkboard!

I heard* her compared to Janet Street Porter shouting into a wheelie bin and I can't hear anything different since. 

*It may have been on here actually, definitely not claiming this line as my own.