Sign in to follow this  
Dylan's Big Toe

New Site Map

Tipi looks the same size as the past couple of years to me. "Ferris Wheel"? "Karaoke"? Looks like some interesting new things.

ONE WEEK TO GO!

The wonderlands lawn is where the circus tent is, and where the kids/craft/activities take place.  I assume this will take the same format as previous years.  As you said, the ferris wheel looks new and I am sure my kids will like that.

The tipi tent is quite large as it also includes the bar section at the back, so the diagram may reflect this.

It is interesting that the cinema has moved though, may not have been allowed to use the pavilion this year.

Excitement levels are rising now as we are there once the bank holiday is out of the way.  I will be passing by the site this weekend and it will be great to see the tents up ready for next week.

Aah, didn't go last year - will look forward to checking out the new additions. 3 years since our last one! 

53 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

It is interesting that the cinema has moved though, may not have been allowed to use the pavilion this year.

I'm sure i saw a post from EotR that they are going to have a planetarium in the pavilion this year. Can't find it now though!

pleased to see karaoke back assuming its being run by the same people, was a great ending to the festival after the joanna newsome shutdown had threated to put a dampener on the whole weekend 

Looks to me like the path leading to the disco ship has been opened up further on for the cinema, Outlands, Ferris wheel (which surely can't be that big given how many trees are there) and Library Stage (does that mean they'll be doing readings past midday?)

Just had an email from EotR with info which includes this:

Revamped and relocated to brand new area The Outlands, prepare to fully immerse yourself in a Twin Peaks-inspired wonderland at the revitalised Cinema which will play host to a vast and eclectic array of movies and Q&As.

The Outlands is also where you’ll find the Library Stage this year, right next to the sw*nky new Cinema, with its usual variety of brilliant authors reading from their work in the mornings, followed by workshops in the afternoon.

Looking at old map it looks like we're getting a whole new area, with the Disco Ship in a new spot, and Karaoke in the circular clearing that used to be home to the Disco Ship. 

Bring on Thursday!

Screen-Shot-2016-08-24-at-10.23.48.png

• Upvote 1