Old Music Thread

eFestivals

12 minutes ago, bamber said:

A welcome, if unexpected continuation there my friend Yog, this is old how though?

Hello bamber,

I was recently told by someone far younger than me (my step son) that emails were yesterdays news, and that there would little point in trying to contact him that way. Given that it is (or at least was) my perception that emails were about as out there as man / woman could achieve, I was, more than temporarily, non plussed. I have therefore concluded the following;

(1) I know nothing.

(2) I know even less about the advance of modern technology, but have somehow assumed that something 10 years old would be considered old, and that this would include music.

(3) That, in connection with point 2, I really shouldn't try to get down there with the kids - and that any ambition that I previously had to declare myself gender neutral, would not be met with respect, but with that of utter derision.

PS. I'm not sure that the above functions as an informative answer to your question.

PPS - I'm not sure that I've been entirely truthful above.

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

I was recently told by someone far younger than me (my step son) that emails were yesterdays news, and that there would little point in trying to contact him that way. Given that it is (or at least was) my perception that emails were about as out there as man / woman could achieve, I was, more than temporarily, non plussed. I have therefore concluded the following;

(1) I know nothing.

(2) I know even less about the advance of modern technology, but have somehow assumed that something 10 years old would be considered old, and that this would include music.

(3) That, in connection with point 2, I really shouldn't try to get down there with the kids - and that any ambition that I previously had to declare myself gender neutral, would not be met with respect, but with that of utter derision.

PS. I'm not sure that the above functions as an informative answer to your question.

PPS - I'm not sure that I've been entirely truthful above.

All is excellent.

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

I like that tune Yog.

Yes, it's very catchy. I'd heard it years ago but had the ipod that it was on stolen. Then I couldn't remember who the artist was and what it was called, but have wanted to hear it again for a few years now. Anyway, low and behold, it came back in to my life earlier today, and thought I'd share.